"Strategy contest". Rules and requirements - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "Strategy contest". Rules and requirements

Educator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 579
    Given: 189

"Strategy contest". Rules and requirements

«Contest of strategies» is will be held on the Forum of Roboforex company between April 30 and June 27. Any user of the Forum can join the contest. Basic rule for joining the contest is accepting present Rules and requirements.

Results will be announced June 30. Prizes will be distributed among participants June 30.

How to participate

To participate in the contest, it’s required to create a thread in the section of the Forum «Strategy contest».

One user can create up to 5 threads. New thread can be created only after previous thread is verified by moderator and gets «Contest» status.

To monitor a strategy, one should open demo-account in Roboforex trading terminal. Fill in name of your strategy in «Name» blank when opening demo account for the sake of convenience. Demo account is necessary to make screenshots describing rules of the strategy as well as executed trades.

Participant of the contest should make 5 trades or more and provide full explanation of them.
    Every post should contain description of just one trade and the following necessary information: Account number (login), investor password, currency pair, order number (from trading terminal), timeframe, entry point and destination of a trade (buy or sell), screenshot of the chart with entry/exit/stop-loss/take-profit levels and finally, description of the trade. Outcome of the trade and supporting commentaries should be published in separate posts as trade develops.

We will carefully monitor:

Copypast from third-party resources is prohibited. Moderators will check texts for copypast in Google and Yandex search engines. Participants must observe all rules for making posts.
    Trading strategies must not be equal. In case of equal strategies in separate threads, only one thread will be accepted (which was created first)

Status of thread

After checking contest thread, moderator will give it status:

[Contest] – thread is accepted for the contest
    [Modify] – thread should be modified by topic starter before next moderator’s check
    [Duplicated] – thread duplicates another thread and can’t be accepted for the contest

We will evaluate:

1. Quality of description. How accurate description of signals/entries/exits/ was? Outcome of trades will be also taken into consideration.
    2. Observing rules for posts
    3. Visibility of screenshots
    4. Trade management (examples)
    5. Interest from other users of the Forum

Every point will be evaluated according to 0-5 scale. Final score will be calculated as sum of points. Maximum score is 25 points for the tread.
    As one participant can create up to 5 threads, maximum score is 125.
    Position of participant in ratings will be defined according to final score.

Prizes

Prize fund of the contest is $800 and will be distributed as described below*:

1st place - $300
    2nd place - $200
    3rd place - $150
    4th place – $75
    5th place - $75

*all prizes will be given in form of forum bonuses and can be withdrawn to trading account associated with the forum.

Not allowed!
    Last edited by Value trader; 04-29-2014 at 05:56 PM.

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 189
    Given: 204
    I posted a query here waiting for last 6 days and yet to get the answer from any moderator or admin of this forum. Unfortunately till now I did not find any one answering my query. I wish to get the answer soon as I am eager to participate in the contest as it is already heated with tough traders with interesting strategies.

Not allowed!

Educator
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by nkhan2810 View Post
    I am trying to open a demo account so that I can participate in this contest. Unfortunately I am unable to do it. I am using the name of my strategy in the name portion. But I don't know why it is happening. Can I use my forum name to open a demo account for the contest? I hope to get answer soon.
    Sorry for the delay. What exactly happens when you try to open an account?

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Whenever I am trying to open a demo account from your MT4 software giving my strategy name I don't get any account and password. It left blank. So if you allow I'll try to open one account using my forum nickname. I hope this will work. Please inform me if there anything else I can do for opening a demo account.

Not allowed!

Educator
    Thumbs Up
    Whenever I am trying to open a demo account from your MT4 software giving my strategy name I don't get any account and password. It left blank. So if you allow I'll try to open one account using my forum nickname. I hope this will work. Please inform me if there anything else I can do for opening a demo account.
    I see, you have to onen demo from your personal account on roboforex.com, not from MT4 terminal

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    I tried to open a demo account from my.roboforex.com means from my personal account. But there is no option to give a title or name. So I wasn't able to open a demo account. And when I tried to open a demo from website not entering my cabinet my email is traced and unable to do it. Can I use different email id if I have?

Not allowed!

Educator
    Thumbs Up
    I tried to open a demo account from my.roboforex.com means from my personal account. But there is no option to give a title or name. So I wasn't able to open a demo account. And when I tried to open a demo from website not entering my cabinet my email is traced and unable to do it. Can I use different email id if I have?
    I answered you via PM

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 2
    This is very good contest and peoples can earn some bonus.. but i am very sad because this is very difficult contest and i can not take easy to this contest.. i want participate in this contest but i am very anxious because i don't know how i will make description..

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Value trader View Post
    «Contest of strategies» is will be held on the Forum of Roboforex company between April 30 and June 27. Any user of the Forum can join the contest. Basic rule for joining the contest is accepting present Rules and requirements.

Results will be announced June 30. Prizes will be distributed among participants June 30.

One user can create up to 5 threads. New thread can be created only after previous thread is verified by moderator and gets «Contest» status.

Every point will be evaluated according to 0-5 scale. Final score will be calculated as sum of points. Maximum score is 25 points for the tread.
    My question is that we have to create 5 threads means its important that we have 5 different strategies to participate in this contest fully?

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Value trader View Post
    Position of participant in ratings will be defined according to final score.
    I got this rule in my mind. But one thing I want to make clear about the rule. If I continue this contest only with one thread my maximum point will be 25. If I have three threads then it will be 75 and for 5 threads maximum point is 125. How will you judge?
    Is it final score = Total points/No of Threads?
    Please inform if I am wrong getting the rule.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    yes. this strategy contest is a great offer for traders. i am very proud of this contest. but now i don't want to attend this strategy contest program. this is a great helpful offer. i know also winner can be champion and accept great dollar prize. but must you need to follow this contest rules. need to knows proper rules about this contest.

Not allowed!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast