Calculate Profit in Pips or $
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calculate Profit in Pips or $

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,120
    Given: 409

Calculate Profit in Pips or $

This is a very interesting topic because i am sure you will see you are also victim of this problem , though i am not professional trader so far but yeah trying for best !
    So point is that how you calculate your profit , its has been noticed a pro trade will never talk about money , they always recommend how to take maximum green pips , but its has been noticed even i experience we thinks i need 10$ per day so why not if 0.1 lot 1$ per pip and close it , i mean our concentration is still money right
    So why we do this , is thing is right way to do
    Well to be honest bettter would be that if we just try to concentare on getting pips no matter what our trade lot is !

Not allowed!

Super Moderator RoboForex Trader's Avatar
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 141
    Given: 33
    Gamer

Profit in the system is calculated in pips, and for deposit in foreign currency.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,120
    Given: 409
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboForex Trader View Post
    Gamer

Profit in the system is calculated in pips, and for deposit in foreign currency.
    All know's that , but what i mean to say that , did you notice newbies , i was also one not asking the pro traders how much monthly pips they , as a fact mostly say can earn this or that , this is what my mean was!

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 166
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamer View Post
    This is a very interesting topic because i am sure you will see you are also victim of this problem , though i am not professional trader so far but yeah trying for best !
    So point is that how you calculate your profit , its has been noticed a pro trade will never talk about money , they always recommend how to take maximum green pips , but its has been noticed even i experience we thinks i need 10$ per day so why not if 0.1 lot 1$ per pip and close it , i mean our concentration is still money right
    So why we do this , is thing is right way to do
    Well to be honest bettter would be that if we just try to concentare on getting pips no matter what our trade lot is !
    I prefer using pips to calculate with ;)

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 2
    This is your choice if you want see your profit in dollars or pips. But i think you profit is better for us because if we have daily profit limit and then we can make good plan on our capital. and then we can achieve our target easily. but if we will doing trade always for pips than we can not get better result.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Pips will some time red for example you start trade and its goes against your trend than your pipes are in red therefor in my opinion you should calculate your profit in money term you are right with daily 10$ profit you can manage your account easily and after one month you have 300$ in your account and even you lose some dollars your can easily manage your capital to your required amount

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Quote Originally Posted by aur2120 View Post
    Pips will some time red for example you start trade and its goes against your trend than your pipes are in red therefor in my opinion you should calculate your profit in money term you are right with daily 10$ profit you can manage your account easily and after one month you have 300$ in your account and even you lose some dollars your can easily manage your capital to your required amount
    even if one is making 10 dollar every trading day such trader will not make 300 dollars after 30 days since trading is not done on Saturday and Sundays but i understand from your point of view,personally i dont think it best to calculate profit before it best to just have a pips target and trade toward the number of pips we might be aiming to get.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    I still often calculate earnings based on money, because I do not set a target pips when I trade forex. Since I still have trouble when calculating profits with pips, while the volume that I use are always changing, depending on the strength of the margin that I have.

Not allowed!

Am fuly awear of the difficulties of life,so ill try to bounce back
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 1
    Profits and loses are indeed calculated by the pips, with the right lot size your risk exposure would be reduced while the higher your lot size the more you become expose to risks ,and each pip value of your order would be more in money value.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 4
    I would definately calculate my profit in dollars because when You aim to bag then it is not pips but in trading terms it is pips but if you go for 10% of the account then ofcourse it is dollars because if you have thousand dollars account and you target 100 dollars then your target is 500 pips let say if you trade with (0.02 lots X 500=100) Because of the fact we need 500 pips it is not confirm that we will win all our trades so to target 500 pips per month we should target to get 700 if 200 is counted as losers . So that is why it is very difficult to count on monthly pips but dollars what we want and what we should target

regards

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast