About Stops - Page 59
Page 59 of 109 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Thread: About Stops

Thumbs Up
    Received: 245
    Given: 151

About Stops

When at the traders’ hangouts a question on stops arises the holy war starts: to set or not to set, and where, and other stuff like that.

But the biggest mistake in my opinion is that people believe that the stop is a certain element of the MM or Risk Management. Particularly the immature minds are affected from reading books, where they are offered to set the stop at not more than 2% on the previous candle, and other "classical" methods like "cut your losses, let profit run".

From the position of the quantum, a stop is the same way to go out of position as a take-profit, n-Bar stop, or the default system output. But today we are talking about stops and the MM has nothing to do with it. Yes I agree that the stop affects the risk, but at the stage of the system design, at what risk is an objective reflection of the System Preferences. MM and RM are the completely different stage of System Development Framework, and it is better to leave it until later in order not to stuff our heads with superfluous information, but act consistently.

Dedicated to fans of short stops

Some people believe that a short stop proportionally reduces the risk, but it is not so, to set short stops one needs the perfect timing to enter. And when the timing is not easy the market with persistence knocks out all these stops, there appear all the fables of the puppeteers ...

Stop Loss is set not to exit the market when it goes against the position. It is set in order to go out when the market will drop as a stone, i.e. I think that the stops are not for regular situations. I believe that an acceptable level of output by the stop is 5-10% of the sample, stop is the last hope for the system. In regular situation the system should have the rule(s) on the way out of position, the so-called smart stop when the system determines that the market has changed and it is time to leave. The idea of this post is that the stops should be set far enough from the market, because they are the last line of our defense.

source_http://ubertrader.livejournal.com/2053.html

Not allowed!
    Last edited by Gulfstream; 02-27-2013 at 05:38 PM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0
    [lang=ms]Stop loss is a must when traders but there are a lot of ways to be successful but unfortunately, in order to succeed you have to forget about stop-loss, I think it's most of the time to be a failed strategy, because of the signs of a successful strategy that you can identify them stop loss.[/lang]

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 19
    the target as presettled with the terms of the trading plan; those to had as the basics on initial with the focus on standing of those with the proper on spends of the good order to had with the limit with the risks with the target to complete with the trading.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 319
    Given: 538
    For now I am not using stop loss in my trading strategy and I am getting very good result also from my trading strategy I think we need a strong money management and risk management based trading strategy which can help us to do trade without using any stop loss in forex

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    [lang=ms]Stop-loss order is very difficult, find a lot of traders whom I am not able to identify the strong point that respected price can not be bettered, but unfortunately, because we can not determined correctly, one of us who does placing in the wrong place, and one of us who ignores his order, and be applying the loss of all his money.[/lang]

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Already a very important stop-loss to protected financial commitment from outstanding decrease expected whenever you want in forex dealing because it is not as easy as some traders believe, and I see that he must reduce risk next to the off position working problems until they are safely and enhance guarantee in the self during working

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Stop loss is very important tool for perfect trading and earning from this field.i have many working strategies and mostly i work with stop loss.
    I know that market is too much risky place.that's way i always use a stop loss to make my trading profitable and easy.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Forex trading business is very risky business. So we always try to set stop loss in Forex trading. Because if you not use stop loss than may be our account will be washed. Always try to enter in the market at good support and resistance level in this condition you will get profit more and more time and get loss less time.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 19
    Quote Originally Posted by gobindo View Post
    Already a very important stop-loss to protected financial commitment from outstanding decrease expected whenever you want in forex dealing because it is not as easy as some traders believe, and I see that he must reduce risk next to the off position working problems until they are safely and enhance guarantee in the self during working
    as with the good returns with the works on complying of the good moderation of the focus by the mediation; those to refer of the good stands on deliberating of the further with the incoming challenge with the next of entrance that good trader spends of the proper as by the level of exchange. on allocating of the proper with the number of the risks and the good resources with the arrange.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    I think your erxperience is simillar with me , making profit constinue in forex is not easy task for us , because market forex is very dynamic and sometime we can't dicipline in forex trading , rushing to making decision often only causing loss in trades , Indeed forex trading required good knowledge and also experience with accompanied with risk management , not always we an making profit , and in my view forex trading can't giving fixed income and different if we become worker with fixed salary , but if good tarder might they can making profit regularly

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 290
    Given: 50
    Quote Originally Posted by bilibili View Post
    Forex trading business is very risky business. So we always try to set stop loss in Forex trading. Because if you not use stop loss than may be our account will be washed. Always try to enter in the market at good support and resistance level in this condition you will get profit more and more time and get loss less time.
    I quite agree with you very clearly in the trading of the forex that it is risk, and it could be very dangerous business. But looking at the way the trader is working in the market will determine the magnitude of the success the trader can get in this market. This is really a good reason why traders should use the stop loss, and a carefully learning on how makes the most senses with the trader.

Not allowed!

Page 59 of 109 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast