About Stops - Page 108
Page 108 of 109 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1089

Thread: About Stops

Thumbs Up
    Received: 245
    Given: 151

About Stops

When at the traders’ hangouts a question on stops arises the holy war starts: to set or not to set, and where, and other stuff like that.

But the biggest mistake in my opinion is that people believe that the stop is a certain element of the MM or Risk Management. Particularly the immature minds are affected from reading books, where they are offered to set the stop at not more than 2% on the previous candle, and other "classical" methods like "cut your losses, let profit run".

From the position of the quantum, a stop is the same way to go out of position as a take-profit, n-Bar stop, or the default system output. But today we are talking about stops and the MM has nothing to do with it. Yes I agree that the stop affects the risk, but at the stage of the system design, at what risk is an objective reflection of the System Preferences. MM and RM are the completely different stage of System Development Framework, and it is better to leave it until later in order not to stuff our heads with superfluous information, but act consistently.

Dedicated to fans of short stops

Some people believe that a short stop proportionally reduces the risk, but it is not so, to set short stops one needs the perfect timing to enter. And when the timing is not easy the market with persistence knocks out all these stops, there appear all the fables of the puppeteers ...

Stop Loss is set not to exit the market when it goes against the position. It is set in order to go out when the market will drop as a stone, i.e. I think that the stops are not for regular situations. I believe that an acceptable level of output by the stop is 5-10% of the sample, stop is the last hope for the system. In regular situation the system should have the rule(s) on the way out of position, the so-called smart stop when the system determines that the market has changed and it is time to leave. The idea of this post is that the stops should be set far enough from the market, because they are the last line of our defense.

source_http://ubertrader.livejournal.com/2053.html

Not allowed!
    Last edited by Gulfstream; 02-27-2013 at 05:38 PM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 495
    Yeah dear, I am using stop loss too, I don't want to lose big by holding my trades for a very long term time. The best way to reduce losses would be to use good stop loss, money management, and risk management, most of trader's want to earn big with their small investment but its important to understand that bigger risk means bigger chance of loss.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by Hukam View Post
    Yeah dear, I am using stop loss too, I don't want to lose big by holding my trades for a very long term time. The best way to reduce losses would be to use good stop loss, money management, and risk management, most of trader's want to earn big with their small investment but its important to understand that bigger risk means bigger chance of loss.
    i can not trade in the forex business without using the stop loss, that is the way to make the account have its own security. wen the account does not have the security, the trader can lose all their money to what the forex is saying, and it is not going to be fine.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 290
    Given: 50
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlady View Post
    i can not trade in the forex business without using the stop loss, that is the way to make the account have its own security. wen the account does not have the security, the trader can lose all their money to what the forex is saying, and it is not going to be fine.
    It is good for traders to trade with stop loss, and just like you have said, you have made a perfect word. I can not trade in the forex market without the use of stop loss too, and that stop loss is doing more than the work of protection, but managing my account for me as well. That is seeing in the way of good risk to reward ratio I use it for.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 104
    Quote Originally Posted by cozard007 View Post
    It is good for traders to trade with stop loss, and just like you have said, you have made a perfect word. I can not trade in the forex market without the use of stop loss too, and that stop loss is doing more than the work of protection, but managing my account for me as well. That is seeing in the way of good risk to reward ratio I use it for.
    [lang=id]the main idea here is not about stop loss itself, but how the traders to protect their balance with well then give them more chances to do better trading at next time, and it will limit their loses from big losing, so they need to have a good mind for making decision and accept them with well, stop loss is a part of many ways to protect our balance,[/lang]

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by cozard007 View Post
    yes, it is very good, i do not make nay trade without the effect of the stop loss which can protect what i am doing for myself in the forex business. this is the best part to which traders can trade and make the good things from the forex business aside analysis.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    yes, it is very good, i do not make nay trade without the effect of the stop loss which can protect what i am doing for myself in the forex business. this is the best part to which traders can trade and make the good things from the forex business aside analysis.
    [lang=id]we need to always protect our balance during in the market, because the market is so dynamic and everything can happen to us and especially from unwanted situations, stop loss become a good thing for this, or also we can do it manually or just lock it with hedging too, the main ideas here is same then we need to stop loses and try the better trading[/lang]

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by samprazaan View Post
    [lang=id]we need to always protect our balance during in the market, because the market is so dynamic and everything can happen to us and especially from unwanted situations, stop loss become a good thing for this, or also we can do it manually or just lock it with hedging too, the main ideas here is same then we need to stop loses and try the better trading[/lang]
    that is the number one thing i see in the forex business too. the trader will need to be protecting their account, this is the way that will them know the real traders they are. and the stop loss of traders are better when traders are making sure they analyze it before placing it.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    that is the number one thing i see in the forex business too. the trader will need to be protecting their account, this is the way that will them know the real traders they are. and the stop loss of traders are better when traders are making sure they analyze it before placing it.
    [lang=id]that is right, so they need to think realistically that forex is risky when we do not know for what the right thing that should done, that's means that good protection is about knowledge, skill and emotion controlling, and stop loss itself is the way for them to implement their commitment to protect their balance[/lang]

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 39
    Quote Originally Posted by samprazaan View Post
    [lang=id]that is right, so they need to think realistically that forex is risky when we do not know for what the right thing that should done, that's means that good protection is about knowledge, skill and emotion controlling, and stop loss itself is the way for them to implement their commitment to protect their balance[/lang]
    Forex is not without risk but still it can give big money which can change our life style. .Everything needs money. if you are financially insolvent that nobody will give any importance to you and you can not meet up the primary needs of life either. so to be happy,you need money.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by SuccessfulKartik View Post
    Forex is not without risk but still it can give big money which can change our life style. .Everything needs money. if you are financially insolvent that nobody will give any importance to you and you can not meet up the primary needs of life either. so to be happy,you need money.
    [lang=id]traders need to take the risk for making profit, so they can not run away from this thing , then the time will give them knowledge and skill or experiences when they keep learning and practicing, the success will come to them based on what have been prepared before, so keep learning and practicing[/lang]

Not allowed!

Page 108 of 109 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109 LastLast