About Stops - Page 105
Page 105 of 109 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1089

Thread: About Stops

Thumbs Up
    Received: 245
    Given: 151

About Stops

When at the traders’ hangouts a question on stops arises the holy war starts: to set or not to set, and where, and other stuff like that.

But the biggest mistake in my opinion is that people believe that the stop is a certain element of the MM or Risk Management. Particularly the immature minds are affected from reading books, where they are offered to set the stop at not more than 2% on the previous candle, and other "classical" methods like "cut your losses, let profit run".

From the position of the quantum, a stop is the same way to go out of position as a take-profit, n-Bar stop, or the default system output. But today we are talking about stops and the MM has nothing to do with it. Yes I agree that the stop affects the risk, but at the stage of the system design, at what risk is an objective reflection of the System Preferences. MM and RM are the completely different stage of System Development Framework, and it is better to leave it until later in order not to stuff our heads with superfluous information, but act consistently.

Dedicated to fans of short stops

Some people believe that a short stop proportionally reduces the risk, but it is not so, to set short stops one needs the perfect timing to enter. And when the timing is not easy the market with persistence knocks out all these stops, there appear all the fables of the puppeteers ...

Stop Loss is set not to exit the market when it goes against the position. It is set in order to go out when the market will drop as a stone, i.e. I think that the stops are not for regular situations. I believe that an acceptable level of output by the stop is 5-10% of the sample, stop is the last hope for the system. In regular situation the system should have the rule(s) on the way out of position, the so-called smart stop when the system determines that the market has changed and it is time to leave. The idea of this post is that the stops should be set far enough from the market, because they are the last line of our defense.

source_http://ubertrader.livejournal.com/2053.html

Not allowed!
    Last edited by Gulfstream; 02-27-2013 at 05:38 PM.

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 127
    Given: 20
    When losing in forex trading stoploss should be there to protect you from losing further, but it still is important we learn how to trade so that when the loss comes it should be once in a blue moon, in addition, no matter how skilled and well experienced we are, we need to actually know that the use of stoploss is more than crucial.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 290
    Given: 50
    Quote Originally Posted by shivanandfx View Post
    Yes we have to learn how to protect our account. There are tools to help in analysis, Indicators are for the purpose of guiding us to what position we would take in a trade, those are very helpful but placing lots of it in charts would only cause complications. Before considering of placing one in a chart, we should understand it.
    Of course, if traders are trading without account protection, they will only be losing in the market, and the best which could help traders is to be trading with the right consciousness and the use of the stop loss, that is going to give the trader a successful trading career over the time, and they can use it for their management.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 104
    Quote Originally Posted by cozard007 View Post
    Of course, if traders are trading without account protection, they will only be losing in the market, and the best which could help traders is to be trading with the right consciousness and the use of the stop loss, that is going to give the trader a successful trading career over the time, and they can use it for their management.
    [lang=id]yes friend, very important for traders to always protect their balance in this business, do not think about making money only but they have to put themselves on the safest way, and at other side, they will get the chances to work in the market and take the advantages from it,[/lang]

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 241
    Given: 193
    Quote Originally Posted by cozard007 View Post
    it is danger for traders, if they do trading without protection will give them big floating minus or loses , and hard for them to recover the situations till the market move back and follow their analysis, but it can not be predicted because the market will move so dynamic

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by newentry View Post
    it is danger for traders, if they do trading without protection will give them big floating minus or loses , and hard for them to recover the situations till the market move back and follow their analysis, but it can not be predicted because the market will move so dynamic
    [lang=id]for many times i blew up the account because did trading without the stop loss or do something to save and protect my balance, then, i got big losing and even ever blew up the account with a single order too, for this side, we have to protect our balance and if want to stay longer[/lang]

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 56
    Quote Originally Posted by samprazaan View Post
    [lang=id]for many times i blew up the account because did trading without the stop loss or do something to save and protect my balance, then, i got big losing and even ever blew up the account with a single order too, for this side, we have to protect our balance and if want to stay longer[/lang]
    I had lost so much money that I begin to think earning with Forex is actually impossible. For years I had doubts about Forex but when a friend of mine proved to me that she was earning from this business for real and explained me how it's done. I have been into this business for a year now, still learning.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Well, I just have to say that stoploss is really important, thus to become a better trader we have to start from the learning point to learn on how to protect our account with the use of stoploss should the market move against us, then the loss will be little. Ultimately better losing little than all.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by shivanandfx View Post
    I had lost so much money that I begin to think earning with Forex is actually impossible. For years I had doubts about Forex but when a friend of mine proved to me that she was earning from this business for real and explained me how it's done. I have been into this business for a year now, still learning.
    [lang=id]well it was good experiences and some of them triggered you to learn forex trading seriously, so you got some experiences that build you to grow bigger and become a mature trader with good understanding to follow the market and get the benefits from it, earning is about the reflection of our ability to manage this business,[/lang]

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    I think the stoploss been used in forex trading happens to be one of the most interesting thing that have been in the business, it has been helping me, thus I can place a trade and have it protected even when I am not around. Thus what's next is that we need to know how it works and make use of it as supposed in according to our trading strategy.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by samprazaan View Post
    [lang=id]well it was good experiences and some of them triggered you to learn forex trading seriously, so you got some experiences that build you to grow bigger and become a mature trader with good understanding to follow the market and get the benefits from it, earning is about the reflection of our ability to manage this business,[/lang]
    experience is needed in every aspect to trading the forex business, and traders have to stop till they find the way and means to make the understanding of what they wants to be doing in the forex business. and the working of traders needs good ability too.

Not allowed!

Page 105 of 109 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109 LastLast