Thread: How to Install MT4 on LINUX

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 22

Lightbulb How to Install MT4 on LINUX

Hi All,

If you have a LINUX machine like I do, You still can install and use the MT4 platform with full functionalities!

This is the Roboforex MT4 installed on my ubunto:
    ubunto.jpg

All you need to do is to Install a compatibility software called Wine on your linux computer.

To do that just Go to _http://www.winehq.org/download/ and download and install the wright package according to your Linux version. (If there is a stable version chose it instead of any newer version)

I'm not going into detailing the steps of installing wine as it vary with the Linux version you have on your computer.
    For that you can follow the steps on the Wine website. But I will try to reply to your questions and guide you through the process.

Wine actually allows you to run any ".exe" file (Windows executable) and it is better than any other emulator. You can read about Wine here : http://www.winehq.org/about/

After Wine is installed it will automatically take in charge any Windows executable on your computer. So all you have to do now is to download the MT4 installer and just double click it, and install it normally like you do on a Windows OS.

After installing MT4 you just run it normally, with a double click (no further setups are needed).

(I really encourage traders to use linux as it is better than Windows in the matter of security.)

I hope this helps.

Not allowed!
    Last edited by RoboForex Trader; 01-16-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2
    I have also this problemb. bt can not find any solution.. please anybody help us..

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 22
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonmoy View Post
    I have also this problemb. bt can not find any solution.. please anybody help us..
    Hi Tonmoy,

I can help you, this is why I started the thread
    In my initial post I have explained what is the solution. What part of it is not clear?

If you want tell me what Linux version you have and I'll tell you how to proceed exactly.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by UFX-Tunisia View Post
    Hi Tonmoy,

I can help you, this is why I started the thread
    In my initial post I have explained what is the solution. What part of it is not clear?

If you want tell me what Linux version you have and I'll tell you how to proceed exactly.
    Good information mate even i have not found this type of sharing in other forums +1 thumbs up added for your work and also thanks for sharing this MT4 hotkeys for usWell this is a very new strategy, i think i never heard about this strategy rina ji before personally i like to do trade by following market trend this type of trading strategy is very differ from my own analysis and trading strategy i need a lot of practice for this i will try to test this strategy also and hope you will add more screenshots in near future in this thread

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    From many days i am suffer by this problem. Dear when i am read every post of this threads then i have achieving minimum learning about this trading platform. Dear in the Forex trading platform people are try to making trade but if trader disable to download trading platform then it is very pain situation for every traders.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Touhid View Post
    From many days i am suffer by this problem. Dear when i am read every post of this threads then i have achieving minimum learning about this trading platform. Dear in the Forex trading platform people are try to making trade but if trader disable to download trading platform then it is very pain situation for every traders.
    Actually I did not understand your problem dear ! because trading platform downloading so easy and this is very simple thing but you faced problem on downloading, really I am surprised. but I hope you must check your download manager or computer setting if you actually faced this problem.

Not allowed!
    Don't loss you hope.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 14
    hay friend - Tonmoy

the above given is not clear by Tunisia is not so clear to any one, but to make it clear you can seek help from Tunisia or from me, i believe that we can give you the best help.

thanks,

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    MT4 is used on a PC is different from that used on the MT4 mobile phones, because phones usually have a very limited specs, so not all features can be added to the mobile trading, while the frequently used files on MT4 certainly still can be read by mobile MT4.
    If what you mean is that your trade was not closed on time when you hit close on the terminal or that your profit closed lower than your expected profit then it means that you have a slow or bad internet connection which is delaying your orders from communicating quickly with the server, so try to get a better internet connection.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    VPS service is a good thing to have in trading system of the traders that want automated trading programs. I have not used this service since i am a manual forex traders that looks at my trading system all the time. One thing i do not like about vps is the cots of maintaining iti prefer mt5 greatly because it is a hugely variable and trustworthy investing platform which gives skilled speculator and a newbie to be able to buy and sell successfully and clearly

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 241
    Given: 193
    actually, i want to change OS windows with linux, but i do not know what is the first step i have to take, and also where i have to download linux and software as you said above, thank you very much

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast