How to Install MT4 on LINUX - Page 34
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536 LastLast

Thread: How to Install MT4 on LINUX

Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 22

Lightbulb How to Install MT4 on LINUX

Hi All,

If you have a LINUX machine like I do, You still can install and use the MT4 platform with full functionalities!

This is the Roboforex MT4 installed on my ubunto:
    Attachment 5456

All you need to do is to Install a compatibility software called Wine on your linux computer.

To do that just Go to _http://www.winehq.org/download/ and download and install the wright package according to your Linux version. (If there is a stable version chose it instead of any newer version)

I'm not going into detailing the steps of installing wine as it vary with the Linux version you have on your computer.
    For that you can follow the steps on the Wine website. But I will try to reply to your questions and guide you through the process.

Wine actually allows you to run any ".exe" file (Windows executable) and it is better than any other emulator. You can read about Wine here : http://www.winehq.org/about/

After Wine is installed it will automatically take in charge any Windows executable on your computer. So all you have to do now is to download the MT4 installer and just double click it, and install it normally like you do on a Windows OS.

After installing MT4 you just run it normally, with a double click (no further setups are needed).

(I really encourage traders to use linux as it is better than Windows in the matter of security.)

I hope this helps.

Not allowed!
    Last edited by RoboForex Trader; 01-16-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1
    Reason me here, one thing I don't comprehend is the reality of the linux working framework, is it in any capacity different from the ordinary windows OS that is most usually utilized by the exchange? Furthermore, if this is extremely valid, at that point I won't depend on the linux for my exchanging in light of the full usefulness. The additional 'wine' program has said may have its own particular blame.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 5
    It is not much difficult to install MT4 with full functionality in linux just u need a software wine or other like it who can help you to install .exe type extension in your linux as this extension is of windows os so by the software .exe type file can be installed in your linux that's all

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 2
    Honestly I have not really come across Linux operating system so I don't really know if there will be problems installing mt4 trading platform in it, but in this generation things have really been easy for we all to do, so with the help of Google we can find out all our difficulties settle nowadays, if you are the type that makes use of the Linux system then you should find help from the Google if you can't find any here.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    it is very simple to install this platform in linux as only thing you need a software for running .exe extension files in linux as this extension is of windows.By installing this software you can install the platform in your linux a very simple method.A popular software for this purpose is Wine

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 4
    Mt4 terminal can be installed in any operating system or computer that traders intend to install this trading terminal in. I see no difficulties installing mt4 trading terminal in any operating system. But for instance you are facing the issue of installing mt4 trading terminal in your operating system in that such person don't have to bother because there are so many instructions in this forum that you can follow to easily install it.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    all u need is a software to install in your linux to allow to install the .exe extension in your linux there are many software for this,so just download the platform and by using this software install the .exe file in your linux and use the platform,there are many software but popular is wine

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 132
    Given: 875
    Recent innovations in setup.exe caused a bug in connection with MetaQuotes' servers, which might not still be fixed in stable versions of Wine. There are some discussions and explanation at MQL site, but basically you need to install wine-staging instead of wine-stable. It's something like a beta version and the bug is fixed there.

Not allowed!
    Wow. Much Forex. So Monies. Very Opportunity.Many Trade. So Amazed. Wow.

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    well nothing much complex work you need to do and not a hard work to understand all you need is a software that can run the .exe extension in your linux,there are many but the best is wine and 2 or 3 others,all are like same.so what else you need to do is to download the platform and install it through the software into your linux

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 4
    i think working on the linux with dow is useless as there is version of xp and soon after window 7 and 8 and 10 i think window 7 is best for mt4 and it is very easy to install the mt4 just download the software from broker site >run the software< click next < read the term and condition< and finish it . that's all

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 132
    Given: 875
    People choose Linux for various reasons. Mostly because security, user-friendliness and general usefulness, but also because license "issues" with Microsoft. Pirating doesn't do flawlessly all around the world, there are jurisdictions that actually go after pirates. And paying hundreds of Euros for Windows with today's software abundance is honestly not worth it.
    A native version of MetaTraders for Linux would be much better than current Wine situation, of course. Mostly because graphic acceleration of chart windows, but also because that would make integration of Market possible.

Not allowed!
    Wow. Much Forex. So Monies. Very Opportunity.Many Trade. So Amazed. Wow.

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536 LastLast