How to Install MT4 on LINUX - Page 3
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Install MT4 on LINUX

Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 22

Lightbulb How to Install MT4 on LINUX

Hi All,

If you have a LINUX machine like I do, You still can install and use the MT4 platform with full functionalities!

This is the Roboforex MT4 installed on my ubunto:
    Attachment 5456

All you need to do is to Install a compatibility software called Wine on your linux computer.

To do that just Go to _http://www.winehq.org/download/ and download and install the wright package according to your Linux version. (If there is a stable version chose it instead of any newer version)

I'm not going into detailing the steps of installing wine as it vary with the Linux version you have on your computer.
    For that you can follow the steps on the Wine website. But I will try to reply to your questions and guide you through the process.

Wine actually allows you to run any ".exe" file (Windows executable) and it is better than any other emulator. You can read about Wine here : http://www.winehq.org/about/

After Wine is installed it will automatically take in charge any Windows executable on your computer. So all you have to do now is to download the MT4 installer and just double click it, and install it normally like you do on a Windows OS.

After installing MT4 you just run it normally, with a double click (no further setups are needed).

(I really encourage traders to use linux as it is better than Windows in the matter of security.)

I hope this helps.

Not allowed!
    Last edited by RoboForex Trader; 01-16-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1
    Well sir Linus is the best operating system ever made in this line. But linux is only used for networking purpose. But i never use linux for trading desktop so I don't know how to install mt4 on linux. and my view it will be more easily and reliasble on the windows because every body dont know about LINUX.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Given: 0
    I can help you, this is why I started the thread
    In my initial post I have explained what is the solution. What part of it is not clear?

If you want tell me what Linux version you have and I'll tell you how to proceed exactly.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 3
    We know that linux is only used for networking purpose. actually it is very difficult operating system for me. if you want to install linux you should install it in a whole partition. and i think windows OS is very easy for our so it will be more easily and reliasble on the windows because every body dont know about linux.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Bro, I think better is that,you should contact with support team of roboforex.com,they can helpe you better than me.I can just suggest you to do that.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    ya for linux it is taff to install it but should take expert advice and get the solutions. Some of our siniour member can help in this regard so try to find out it.Mt4 is good for forex business and it would be the great to install and work on it as soon as possbil.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Well.I am a user of windows operating system and I am doing trade in my windows PC.I think it will be very helpful for the trader who uses Linux in their PC.And thanks for this important thread.It will be very effective for them to install mt4 correctly and will be able to trade perfectly.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 390
    Wow thanks for this update friend I am not using linux but using Windows 8 right now but it will help many members here in this forum its a great explanation about Linux mt4 installation I will bookmark this page and if in near future if I will use Linux then I will check with this page by the way thanks once again.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2
    truly, i have to adjust OS windows along with Linux, but i have no idea of what's the 1st step i've got to take, and in addition where by i've got to acquire Linux and also software program because you claimed earlier mentioned, appreciate it completely.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    At first thanks to mr UFX-Tunisia because you have shared a nice information.you started a new thread which is very useful and profitable all the newbies as well as senior member.but as concern for me i think it will be more easily on the windows every don't know about i also not know about this buy thanks you for nice sharing.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 2
    Basically, I must adjust operating system Microsoft windows with Linux, Yet when i have no idea what on earth is step one i must carry, and in addition wherever i must obtain Linux as well as software package as you claimed above, thank you very much

Not allowed!

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast