How to Install MT4 on LINUX - Page 35
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast

Thread: How to Install MT4 on LINUX

Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 22

Lightbulb How to Install MT4 on LINUX

Hi All,

If you have a LINUX machine like I do, You still can install and use the MT4 platform with full functionalities!

This is the Roboforex MT4 installed on my ubunto:
    Attachment 5456

All you need to do is to Install a compatibility software called Wine on your linux computer.

To do that just Go to _http://www.winehq.org/download/ and download and install the wright package according to your Linux version. (If there is a stable version chose it instead of any newer version)

I'm not going into detailing the steps of installing wine as it vary with the Linux version you have on your computer.
    For that you can follow the steps on the Wine website. But I will try to reply to your questions and guide you through the process.

Wine actually allows you to run any ".exe" file (Windows executable) and it is better than any other emulator. You can read about Wine here : http://www.winehq.org/about/

After Wine is installed it will automatically take in charge any Windows executable on your computer. So all you have to do now is to download the MT4 installer and just double click it, and install it normally like you do on a Windows OS.

After installing MT4 you just run it normally, with a double click (no further setups are needed).

(I really encourage traders to use linux as it is better than Windows in the matter of security.)

I hope this helps.

Not allowed!
    Last edited by RoboForex Trader; 01-16-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 5
    well,there occurs problem in your platform while working with linux os,it is a very simple process all you need is a software that can easily run the windows executable files just like .exe which is a windows extension type.So just download that software and install it in your linux after that just you need do download MT4 platform and install it,i hope it helps you

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 4
    Things are very easy to do online this day, except you don't know Google. I don't think it will be hard to install mt4 trading terminal in any operating system of course it is not hard at all, if you are find how to install mt4 trading terminal for your Linux operating system, then you should search that on Google and you will get the best of installing mt4 trading terminal.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 8
    Yeah with wine you can install any exe file in your Linux computer and that include Mt4 you can install Mt4 and any other app in you Linux computer when you install wine and follow it guide to install every other exe file which include Mt4 it's easy to get this done when you follow the instructions on wine, to get this down easily you should follow the main thread guide.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by turk1 View Post
    first of all thanx to mr UFX-Tunisia that you have shared such a nice information and you started a new thred which is very helpful for all the newbies as well as senior members .but as concern for me i think it will be more easily and reliasble on the windows because every body dont know about linux..i also dont know about this ..but thanx for your such a nice sharing
    yeah i am using window7 and i tought i have learn some thing about unix and linux which is old operating system and now a day mostly people have installed window 7 and 8 and 10 but there many people who are using window xp as well so i think there should be a thread on window xp so many people will get information i never used xp either i make it :)

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 132
    Given: 875
    Last couple of years (maybe 10 or more) Linux actually leads the development process and innovation implementation. For example Windows couldn't open an iso file without an external program until 5 years ago, Linux distributions have been doing that since early 2000's. Windows still can't open most archives, let alone file systems. You can't even pin a window to "always-on-top", dark interface themes are barely starting to be implemented. And this is just GUI, if we dig into system properties and security it gets even worse.
    So there are quite a few good reasons people would want to use Linux instead of Windows for both entertainment and work, which includes trading.

Not allowed!
    Wow. Much Forex. So Monies. Very Opportunity.Many Trade. So Amazed. Wow.

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 2
    Traders that have this operating system like this trader have given the steps and links to install mt4 trading platform in your operating system easily, I have not come across Linux operating system, but those that have this operating system can make use of this advantage of how to install the trading platform in the Linux should do that successfully.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 11
    To run the platform in your linux all you need to do is to download the software that can install or run the .exe file extension in your linux,basically .exe is windows execution file so you need the software to install the platform.software like Wine can be use to install these file just install this software and run the setup of platform and install it simple and easy way

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by rohan View Post
    To run the platform in your linux all you need to do is to download the software that can install or run the .exe file extension in your linux,basically .exe is windows execution file so you need the software to install the platform.software like Wine can be use to install these file just install this software and run the setup of platform and install it simple and easy way

well yeah you have told right wine is the best for installing windows files in your linux running lappy or pc,it just allow your pc to install the .exe files or other windows program extension files to run on your linux just download it and you can install your platform and other windows files.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 12
    Every different operating system software is different. you will found the setup file on your broker's website, just downlod that file and install then you can login and trade from there. I never use linux operatin system, so I don't have any idea about that operating system but your post is helpful for who found for that solution.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    well,yes you are telling right.All you need is an additional software that will allow the third party like windows files to install in your linux,basically this software allows you to install the .exe files which is a windows extension in your linux.So just install this app like Wine and through that install the platform.

Not allowed!

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast