How to Install MT4 on LINUX - Page 33
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: How to Install MT4 on LINUX

Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 22

Lightbulb How to Install MT4 on LINUX

Hi All,

If you have a LINUX machine like I do, You still can install and use the MT4 platform with full functionalities!

This is the Roboforex MT4 installed on my ubunto:
    Attachment 5456

All you need to do is to Install a compatibility software called Wine on your linux computer.

To do that just Go to _http://www.winehq.org/download/ and download and install the wright package according to your Linux version. (If there is a stable version chose it instead of any newer version)

I'm not going into detailing the steps of installing wine as it vary with the Linux version you have on your computer.
    For that you can follow the steps on the Wine website. But I will try to reply to your questions and guide you through the process.

Wine actually allows you to run any ".exe" file (Windows executable) and it is better than any other emulator. You can read about Wine here : http://www.winehq.org/about/

After Wine is installed it will automatically take in charge any Windows executable on your computer. So all you have to do now is to download the MT4 installer and just double click it, and install it normally like you do on a Windows OS.

After installing MT4 you just run it normally, with a double click (no further setups are needed).

(I really encourage traders to use linux as it is better than Windows in the matter of security.)

I hope this helps.

Not allowed!
    Last edited by RoboForex Trader; 01-16-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0
    yes i will install the mtb4 rapid you're download the software program and it's miles opened the software program click open button and subsequent click on installation button and besides the term circumstance and other circumstance you noticed it is without difficulty installation

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 13
    i think that as concern for me i think it will be more easily and reliable on the windows because every body don't know about Linux. if this is really true, then i will not rely on the linux for my trading because of the full functionality. The added 'wine' program has said may have its own fault. The added 'wine' program has said may have its own fault.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    In my opinion to fully utilized MetaTrader 4 platform functions we need to run or install MT4 on Windows OS. If we run MT4 on linux, be it using WINE or playonlinux there are problems, especially for compiling, coding new EA or indicators.

For manual traders the MT4 web platform should be good enough whereas we can place order, close order, chart analysis as well. But if we want to install the standalone MT4 the best way is install it on Windows.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 17
    Quote Originally Posted by matfx View Post
    In my opinion to fully utilized MetaTrader 4 platform functions we need to run or install MT4 on Windows OS. If we run MT4 on linux, be it using WINE or playonlinux there are problems, especially for compiling, coding new EA or indicators.

For manual traders the MT4 web platform should be good enough whereas we can place order, close order, chart analysis as well. But if we want to install the standalone MT4 the best way is install it on Windows.
    dear friend, i see that you have much experiences with metatrader 4 at linux, and please share your experiences here about the advantages and disadvantages to install metatrader 4 at linux, that become good information and knowledge for us that i am really sure that almost of us still use os windows for trading , or is metatrader only set for windows ? thank you very much

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    i am using it on an apple device but you did a very kind job because many traders were asking about this and you have saved their lives recently i have seen a traders thread about downloading the terminal and i didn't find myself helpful to him because i was not know to the idea now I am also known to this so i can be helpful to some one else now i can help someone guiding this.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 48
    linux is a good system and maybe better than windows but it needs a one that can be able to know how to use it,also platform will be faster on linux because it is lighter than windows,but windows is more easier for operations, trading with linux is good like trading with windows and so each one can choose the system that he prefers.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 8
    Quote Originally Posted by sameeh View Post
    linux is a good system and maybe better than windows but it needs a one that can be able to know how to use it,also platform will be faster on linux because it is lighter than windows,but windows is more easier for operations, trading with linux is good like trading with windows and so each one can choose the system that he prefers.
    It might be better in look but what's inside is what matters most, windows is a great operating system as well as Linux but I prefer windows more than Linux when it's come to laptop because with your windows there are a lot of free app you can install easily also you can install the mt4 platform easily without experiencing any issues, but do Linux there are so steps you need to follow before you can install mt4.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 12
    I don't have a Linux computer so am not looking forward to install mt4 on any Linux computer, windows seems to be the best OS to install mt4 cause it's very simple install any app on windows easily but with the Linux computer it's very difficult but if you have Linux I think with this details here you will be able to install and start running mt4 on OS.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Linux is more light than windows but at the same time it is harder for use than windows and so not all people can work with linux but they can work with windows because it is more easier, so due to linux is lighter then the meta trader will work faster and becomes more smooth and the trader can trade with meta trader on linux if he can do that.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    metatrader can be added to any operating system on the computer i think and linux is a good system and can let the metatrader to work well and help the trader to trade well and make money as it will let the metatrader to work fast and smooth, and so the trader will be able to trade in a good conditions that let him to make money.

Not allowed!

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536 LastLast