How to Install MT4 on LINUX - Page 32
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: How to Install MT4 on LINUX

Thanks for coming here to share the way to make thing easy for the installation of this application in another operating system, It may be our turn tomorrow to have this type of system and to install the Mt4 may be difficult, as you have guided us here , then we can easily do thing easily.

couple times i traded with linux computer which the operating system was ubuntu. i traded there and see mt4 was working fine like when we're trading with windows operating system. in fact using this linux to trade mt4 is a bit unusual yet interesting to do because the appearance of mt4 in this version has better looks in many things.

There is the WINE runtime (it's not an emulator, WINE stands for "Wine Is Not an Emulator"), that's why it seems that it doesn't matter Linux or Windows for MT4. There are some differences though - the graphic API of WINE is the one of Windows XP (not GPU accelerated) and it can't properly handle passing window control to the LInux window managers (GPU accelerated), so you should expect a bit higher CPU usage in Linux.
    Otherwise about all features work, except maybe the built-in market or - if you still run WINE 1.6 - auto uploading charts to mql5 com.
    Wow. Much Forex. So Monies. Very Opportunity.Many Trade. So Amazed. Wow.

Trader
    i also prefer to use windows than rely on Linux because i can not here about it more and it may be possible that it can not give you same applications and features which is present in windows so i think you give something new to us it should be helpful for those who used Linux and try to switch on it so all the best for its users.

Trader
    Quote Originally Posted by mao View Post
    i also prefer to use windows than rely on Linux because i can not here about it more and it may be possible that it can not give you same applications and features which is present in windows so i think you give something new to us it should be helpful for those who used Linux and try to switch on it so all the best for its users.
    i am not sure but i don't think so this is one linux but i have an other idea, if you are linux operator then use web trader, on that system you can bookmark web trader and after that it will be like a application, use its shortcut it will take a little bit more time but it can be good, otherwise mt4 application will not work on linux i think

Thanks very much, this is very informative and educative. though i don't have a linux or ubuntu operating system functioning on my personal computer, this has added to my knowledge and can also help others who might be having problem installing this software on their operating system. This will also help other traders who have been having challenges installing the meta trader on their computer system.

Trader
    linux is a light operating system and lighter than windows so i expect that the platform will work better and faster on it, and so it is good to share it here as this will be a helpful guide for the traders that use linux system and so they can trade and make money, the trader can setup the platform on linux and then he will be able to join the market and trade.

Banned
    these are informative knowledge for the trader that use linux system and i think that many traders was searching about these informations to know how to use the system with meta trader, and once they know this they will be able to trade and make money, and will not lose the chance to join the market and so they trade normally without any problems.

I don't have Linux OS but in future if I got one or install the OS on my current computer then will follow this guide to install meta trader 4 on it but right now am satisfied with windows and IOS trading so am not yet ready to switch to other operating system, window is the best OS for trading forex at anytime.

yeah its a very good processor for all linux user I am also using only windows 8 right now but this process will help many traders who like to use Linux otherwise a trader have to do much research about it online Robo forex forum is a great place to learn everything thanks for sharing this sir very helpful.

Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 LastLast