How to Install MT4 on LINUX - Page 30
Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Install MT4 on LINUX

Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 22

Lightbulb How to Install MT4 on LINUX

Hi All,

If you have a LINUX machine like I do, You still can install and use the MT4 platform with full functionalities!

This is the Roboforex MT4 installed on my ubunto:
    Attachment 5456

All you need to do is to Install a compatibility software called Wine on your linux computer.

To do that just Go to _http://www.winehq.org/download/ and download and install the wright package according to your Linux version. (If there is a stable version chose it instead of any newer version)

I'm not going into detailing the steps of installing wine as it vary with the Linux version you have on your computer.
    For that you can follow the steps on the Wine website. But I will try to reply to your questions and guide you through the process.

Wine actually allows you to run any ".exe" file (Windows executable) and it is better than any other emulator. You can read about Wine here : http://www.winehq.org/about/

After Wine is installed it will automatically take in charge any Windows executable on your computer. So all you have to do now is to download the MT4 installer and just double click it, and install it normally like you do on a Windows OS.

After installing MT4 you just run it normally, with a double click (no further setups are needed).

(I really encourage traders to use linux as it is better than Windows in the matter of security.)

I hope this helps.

Not allowed!
    Last edited by RoboForex Trader; 01-16-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 4
    The metatrader software is only played on the mobile phones of the android or the windows OS but i think We can use wine for emulating some windows program to run on linux

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 132
    Given: 875
    It runs flawlessly in Linux, through Wine environment. The only feature which is not working is the code market - browser integration. In fact the code market itself isn't working.
    I myself keep a Windows system for trading, but for everything else I use Linux - it's far more beautiful than all versions of Windows and runs much smoother as the software and the system can be near-perfectly integrated. Linux does not shove updates down your throat without disable option, it does not require constantly running antivirus software (although there is security software and it's advisable to have some), it is far more hardware-friendly, disk-wise especially (default Linux filesystem does not fragmentate, which means it does not need defragmentation twice a week like Windows does by default even on SSD - which can't even use it, and that means your HDD or SDD will last a few years more).

Not allowed!
    Wow. Much Forex. So Monies. Very Opportunity.Many Trade. So Amazed. Wow.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 495
    These are now old things and I believe that most of trader's are using the Windows operating system to do trade with the forex trading market, I think (Linux Users) they have only one solution at the moment just convert their pc into Windows operating system so that they can take the advantage of mt4 terminal trading in their pc. For more detail we can talk to robo forex broker live chat, because I am not sure about this that they provide mt4 terminal for linux or not.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1
    I am using windows 8 for now so I have no idea about Linux that's right that there will be some differ policies and procedure for meta trader 4 installation in linux .Is all this time there was never a problem when you're done installing the MT4 platform into Linux?

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 290
    Given: 50
    Quote Originally Posted by YoyO_o View Post
    The metatrader software is only played on the mobile phones of the android or the windows OS but i think We can use wine for emulating some windows program to run on linux
    You are right about the ones you have noted, but it is more on that, there are MAC and LINUX version of the mt4 trading platform , and your broker will always guide you through it when you are ready to make your choice, this is a revolution that nothing is almost impossible, everything are in place already.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 2
    Good information because i do not have any experience on linux. but now i can understand to know it. how it works. linux is very different window and very complicated. but brokers have platform for linux. so this is very good because many peoples are working on the linux because this is very safe window and protected from all problems. but installation is very complicated.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1
    a company roboforex Provides a trading platform operating system LINUX
    You can download and installation of the platform MetaTrader4 From the official website of the company Using link
    http://www.roboforex.com/forex-tradi...tatrader4-mt4/
    If you experience problems Contact Technical Support

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0
    I have no idea about Linux that's right that there will be some differ policies and procedure for meta trader 4 installation in linux and it will be more better if you explain this installation process for other operating system.There I want to ask, it may be useful if there is my friends who asked this later. Is all this time there was never a problem

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 17
    Yeah its good to see that how to install indicators in linux system. I want to ask that for linux can we need files that are supported to linux system or we can use windows Pc indicators files for us in it. I buy recent a Mac I do not know how to install indicators in tit. Please can you clarify my this problem its matter for me a lot.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 3
    I don't have Linux computer and I don't like much about this operating system, I have been trading using Windows and in the future I don't plan of trading with Linux operating system, this thread is wonderful though because it will help many people who are using this operating system.

Not allowed!

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast