How to Install MT4 on LINUX - Page 26
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Install MT4 on LINUX

Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 22

Lightbulb How to Install MT4 on LINUX

Hi All,

If you have a LINUX machine like I do, You still can install and use the MT4 platform with full functionalities!

This is the Roboforex MT4 installed on my ubunto:
    Attachment 5456

All you need to do is to Install a compatibility software called Wine on your linux computer.

To do that just Go to _http://www.winehq.org/download/ and download and install the wright package according to your Linux version. (If there is a stable version chose it instead of any newer version)

I'm not going into detailing the steps of installing wine as it vary with the Linux version you have on your computer.
    For that you can follow the steps on the Wine website. But I will try to reply to your questions and guide you through the process.

Wine actually allows you to run any ".exe" file (Windows executable) and it is better than any other emulator. You can read about Wine here : http://www.winehq.org/about/

After Wine is installed it will automatically take in charge any Windows executable on your computer. So all you have to do now is to download the MT4 installer and just double click it, and install it normally like you do on a Windows OS.

After installing MT4 you just run it normally, with a double click (no further setups are needed).

(I really encourage traders to use linux as it is better than Windows in the matter of security.)

I hope this helps.

Not allowed!
    Last edited by RoboForex Trader; 01-16-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    After Wine is installed it will automatically take in charge any Windows executable on your computer. So all you have to do now is to download the MT4 installer and just double click it, and install it normally like you do on a Windows OS.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Here I would like to tell you all some meta trader options that are rarely used by traders, even most of the traders don't know about them. For example, traders don't know if they press Ctrl+L then volume indicator will show in their opened chart, if they press the button F8 then they will see the options, in which they can change the color of candles, they can also see the ask line, if they click on the box allowed them to show ask line, they will see a red line in their charts.
    Most of traders don't know that they can see their profits in pips, all they need to do is to right click on their existing order and then see the profits option, click on it and select one option (as point), and they will see their profits in pips, one more thing just above this option is trailing stop. So many traders don't know the use of trailing stop, they can select the trailing stop and the points as well. I have tried to educate people regarding use of meta trader.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by UFX-Tunisia View Post
    Hi All,

If you have a LINUX machine like I do, You still can install and use the MT4 platform with full functionalities!

Attachment 5456

All you need to do is to Install a compatibility software called Wine on your linux computer.

To do that just Go to _http://www.winehq.org/download/ and download and install the wright package according to your Linux version. (If there is a stable version chose it instead of any newer version)

I'm not going into detailing the steps of installing wine as it vary with the Linux version you have on your computer.
    For that you can follow the steps on the Wine website. But I will try to reply to your questions and guide you through the process.

Wine actually allows you to run any ".exe" file (Windows executable) and it is better than any other emulator. You can read about Wine here : http://www.winehq.org/about/

After installing MT4 you just run it normally, with a double click (no further setups are needed).

(I really encourage traders to use linux as it is better than Windows in the matter of security.)

I hope this helps.
    Many thanks with regard to discussing this particular sign We in no way make use of this sign until right now however searching really fascinating I'll make use of this sign without a doubt this we could observe 5, 6 buying and selling sets in a single chance after that that isn't a poor buying and selling sign whatsoever I'll include 1 many thanks with this line good
    Although i`m very admired with the trading through the mobile and how it is very fast and willing to help us to trade every where a. that at the same time I may see it as a very dangerous trading type fro it may be done in a very short time . for we may not be at the good temper or in a real clear mind to have a decision of trading

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Hi All,

Attachment 5456

I hope this helps.
    this indicator is good and also measured by some good traders but to me i like to trade the moving average to trade in this currency pair these indicators moves with the chart and get the correct direction very some time but mostly we cannot understand them
    Greed is actually temptation to acheive high and higher profits through any right or wrong in forex, this can be harmful not only for yourself but for greedy traders are actually harmful for forex as well other traders.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Pardon me right here, something we don't realize may be the truth from the linux operating-system, could it be by any means diffrent in the regular home windows OPERATING SYSTEM that's most often utilized by the actual industry? And when this really is truly accurate, i quickly won't depend on the actual linux with regard to my personal buying and selling due to the complete performance. The actual additional 'wine' plan offers stated might have its problem.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 28
    Actually installing Linux is very easy and fast!

There is many versions of linux, I personally recommend ubunto 12.04 (nice graphics, and easy to use).

To install ubunto 12.04 you should:

1) download the liveCD here : http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop (if your computer is recent-new chose the 64bit version else chose the 32bit)
    2) Burn the iso file on an empty DVD using any burning software (Nero for example)
    3) Insert the DVD you burned in the CD/DVD Reader
    4) Restart your computer and Go to your bios settings, and chose to boot from the CD/DVD
    5) The LiveCD Interface should start allowing you to Install Ubunto or use ubunto from the CD (like it was already installed), you select install.
    PS: The installation will erase all files on the chosen Hardrive so you may want to backup your personal data stored on the selected hardrive.

These steps basically cover the whole process.

If you want further informations on how to install ubunto 12.04 you can consult this help page : https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation
    You can also check this link: http://www.ubuntu.com/download/deskt...g-term-support

Hope this helps.
    yes i done it .think you for given you information .i think it is most easy process to know how to install a mt4 terminal .so now i am very happy to see it is running .because i lost my lot of time to install this mt4 in my installing Linux .but today i know it very easy to install and also i can used it very first .other people also can used it

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonmoy View Post
    I have also this problemb. bt can not find any solution.. please anybody help us..
    MT4 is used on a PC is different from that used on the MT4 mobile phones, because phones usually have a very limited specs, so not all features can be added to the mobile trading, while the frequently used files on MT4 certainly still can be read by mobile MT4.
    If what you mean is that your trade was not closed on time when you hit close on the terminal or that your profit closed lower than your expected profit then it means that you have a slow or bad internet connection which is delaying your orders from communicating quickly with the server, so try to get a better internet connection.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Hi Tonmoy,

I can help you, this is why I started the thread
    In my initial post I have explained what is the solution. What part of it is not clear?

If you want tell me what Linux version you have and I'll tell you how to proceed exactly.
    Good information mate even i have not found this type of sharing in other forums +1 thumbs up added for your work and also thanks for sharing this MT4 hotkeys for usWell this is a very new strategy, i think i never heard about this strategy rina ji before personally i like to do trade by following market trend this type of trading strategy is very differ from my own analysis and trading strategy i need a lot of practice for this i will try to test this strategy also and hope you will add more screenshots in near future in this thread

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonmoy View Post
    I have also this problemb. bt can not find any solution.. please anybody help us..
    VPS service is a good thing to have in trading system of the traders that want automated trading programs. I have not used this service since i am a manual forex traders that looks at my trading system all the time. One thing i do not like about vps is the cots of maintaining iti prefer mt5 greatly because it is a hugely variable and trustworthy investing platform which gives skilled speculator and a newbie to be able to buy and sell successfully and clearly

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Pardon me right here, something we don't realize may be the truth from the linux operating-system, could it be by any means diffrent in the regular home windows OPERATING SYSTEM that's most often utilized by the actual industry? And when this really is truly accurate, i quickly won't depend on the actual linux with regard to my personal buying and selling due to the complete performance. The actual additional 'wine' plan offers stated might have its problem.

Not allowed!

Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast