How to Install MT4 on LINUX - Page 24
Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Install MT4 on LINUX

Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 22

Lightbulb How to Install MT4 on LINUX

Hi All,

If you have a LINUX machine like I do, You still can install and use the MT4 platform with full functionalities!

This is the Roboforex MT4 installed on my ubunto:
    Attachment 5456

All you need to do is to Install a compatibility software called Wine on your linux computer.

To do that just Go to _http://www.winehq.org/download/ and download and install the wright package according to your Linux version. (If there is a stable version chose it instead of any newer version)

I'm not going into detailing the steps of installing wine as it vary with the Linux version you have on your computer.
    For that you can follow the steps on the Wine website. But I will try to reply to your questions and guide you through the process.

Wine actually allows you to run any ".exe" file (Windows executable) and it is better than any other emulator. You can read about Wine here : http://www.winehq.org/about/

After Wine is installed it will automatically take in charge any Windows executable on your computer. So all you have to do now is to download the MT4 installer and just double click it, and install it normally like you do on a Windows OS.

After installing MT4 you just run it normally, with a double click (no further setups are needed).

(I really encourage traders to use linux as it is better than Windows in the matter of security.)

I hope this helps.

Not allowed!
    Last edited by RoboForex Trader; 01-16-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0
    actually I didn`t tried to install it at a Linux system but lot of times I installed the mt4 to the windows . but i think that the way is the same . first you should install the program to the hard were you like to . then you have to extract them in the folder you want to save in .and follow the instructions to the end

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 120
    Given: 69
    Quote Originally Posted by newentry View Post
    actually, i want to change OS windows with linux, but i do not know what is the first step i have to take, and also where i have to download linux
    Why do you want to replace your operating system windows to linux? It is more popular Operatins system windows than a linux. Many internet blogs, website offer the accessories support windows. Linux is used in several part of people, an I think we have just being familiar on using windows than Linux.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 290
    Given: 50
    Quote Originally Posted by dollmano007 View Post
    I need to alter operating system microsoft glass windows along with Linux, But while i have no clue just what that is known is usually step one i've got to hold, and in addition exactly where i've got to get Linux together with software package as you believed preceding, many thanks greatly
    This was what i though until i had the reason to trade the market with the Linux, Max and Microsoft Windows. And with what you have said, it is better you look to compare before doing things. And i prefer to work with the windows than others. Also, it is better be cause you will receive help more with it, and the Linux is still need to many brokers and solutions might be hidden.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    [lang=pt]The linux system is lighter and more adaptable than windows (can be used in older machines where windows is slow), but about trade there is more help for windows. I use the Lubuntu and dont have no problems.[/lang]

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 10
    Quote Originally Posted by newentry View Post
    actually, i want to change OS windows with linux, but i do not know what is the first step i have to take, and also where i have to download linux and software as you said above, thank you very much
    I have no use Linux operating systems for trading software to use, I use Window operating systems to Mt4 trading terminal use. And I think, same operate by will be install at your Linux systems and use it.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 495
    Oh yeah most of traders like to use Windows operating system I don't have much idea about Linux operating system because only some of my friends are using this operating system I think linux have its own features and advantages so I want not want to compare it with my operating system by the way thanks for sharing this explanation it will help many linux users keep it up buddy

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    first thank Mr. UFX Tunisia and they have shared a nice information and a new thred, which is very helpful for all newbies started and senior members .but concern for me, I think it will be easier and reliasble on windows, since every body knows about linux..i not even know this ..but Thanks for sharing such a good

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Basically, I have got to adjust operating procedure microsoft windows with Linux, Yet while i suffer refusal conception could you repeat that? On earth is step solitary i have got to hold, and in addition wherever i have got to get hold of Linux as well as software package as you claimed more than, thank you very much...

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Excuse me at this juncture, individual detail i fix not understand is the detail of the linux operating approach, is it in a few way diffrent from the average windows OS to facilitate is largely commonly used by the trade? And if this is really authentic, it follows that i will not rely on the linux in support of my trading since of the thorough functionality. The added 'wine' syllabus has believed may possibly obtain its own fault.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Pardon me the following, another thing my partner and i do not understand will be the reality of the linux main system, could it be in the slightest distinctive from the standard glass windows COMPUTER ITSELF that is normally used by this deal? And when this is definitely correct, then i will not depend upon this linux for our trading because of the full efficiency. Your additional 'wine' system has stated might have a unique fault.

Not allowed!

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast