How to Install MT4 on LINUX
Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 351

Thread: How to Install MT4 on LINUX

  1. #1
    Registered user UFX-Tunisia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    I Live in Monastir, Tunisia
    Posts
    80
    Promo (¢)
    1,190
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 22

    Lightbulb How to Install MT4 on LINUX

    Hi All,

    If you have a LINUX machine like I do, You still can install and use the MT4 platform with full functionalities!

    This is the Roboforex MT4 installed on my ubunto:
    ubunto.jpg

    All you need to do is to Install a compatibility software called Wine on your linux computer.

    To do that just Go to _http://www.winehq.org/download/ and download and install the wright package according to your Linux version. (If there is a stable version chose it instead of any newer version)

    I'm not going into detailing the steps of installing wine as it vary with the Linux version you have on your computer.
    For that you can follow the steps on the Wine website. But I will try to reply to your questions and guide you through the process.

    Wine actually allows you to run any ".exe" file (Windows executable) and it is better than any other emulator. You can read about Wine here : http://www.winehq.org/about/

    After Wine is installed it will automatically take in charge any Windows executable on your computer. So all you have to do now is to download the MT4 installer and just double click it, and install it normally like you do on a Windows OS.

    After installing MT4 you just run it normally, with a double click (no further setups are needed).

    (I really encourage traders to use linux as it is better than Windows in the matter of security.)

    I hope this helps.

    Not allowed!
    Last edited by RoboForex Trader; 01-16-2014 at 05:25 PM.

  2. #2
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    50
    Promo (¢)
    480
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2
    I have also this problemb. bt can not find any solution.. please anybody help us..

    Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Registered user UFX-Tunisia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    I Live in Monastir, Tunisia
    Posts
    80
    Promo (¢)
    1,190
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 22
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonmoy View Post
    I have also this problemb. bt can not find any solution.. please anybody help us..
    Hi Tonmoy,

    I can help you, this is why I started the thread
    In my initial post I have explained what is the solution. What part of it is not clear?

    If you want tell me what Linux version you have and I'll tell you how to proceed exactly.

    Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    11,332
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 193
    actually, i want to change OS windows with linux, but i do not know what is the first step i have to take, and also where i have to download linux and software as you said above, thank you very much

    Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Registered user UFX-Tunisia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    I Live in Monastir, Tunisia
    Posts
    80
    Promo (¢)
    1,190
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 22
    Quote Originally Posted by newentry View Post
    actually, i want to change OS windows with linux, but i do not know what is the first step i have to take, and also where i have to download linux and software as you said above, thank you very much
    Actually installing Linux is very easy and fast!

    There is many versions of linux, I personally recommend ubunto 12.04 (nice graphics, and easy to use).

    To install ubunto 12.04 you should:

    1) download the liveCD here : http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop (if your computer is recent-new chose the 64bit version else chose the 32bit)
    2) Burn the iso file on an empty DVD using any burning software (Nero for example)
    3) Insert the DVD you burned in the CD/DVD Reader
    4) Restart your computer and Go to your bios settings, and chose to boot from the CD/DVD
    5) The LiveCD Interface should start allowing you to Install Ubunto or use ubunto from the CD (like it was already installed), you select install.
    PS: The installation will erase all files on the chosen Hardrive so you may want to backup your personal data stored on the selected hardrive.

    These steps basically cover the whole process.

    If you want further informations on how to install ubunto 12.04 you can consult this help page : https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation
    You can also check this link: http://www.ubuntu.com/download/deskt...g-term-support

    Hope this helps.

    Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    27,036
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 285
    Given: 50
    Excuse me here, one thing i do not understand is the fact of the linux operating system, is it in any way diffrent from the normal windows OS that is most commonly used by the trade? And if this is really true, then i will not rely on the linux for my trading because of the full functionality. The added 'wine' program has said may have its own fault.

    Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Registered user UFX-Tunisia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    I Live in Monastir, Tunisia
    Posts
    80
    Promo (¢)
    1,190
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 22
    Quote Originally Posted by cozard007 View Post
    Excuse me here, one thing i do not understand is the fact of the linux operating system, is it in any way diffrent from the normal windows OS that is most commonly used by the trade? And if this is really true, then i will not rely on the linux for my trading because of the full functionality. The added 'wine' program has said may have its own fault.
    Hi,

    I'm already using MT4 for real trading on Linux (Ubunto 12.04LTS) and have no problems, everything is working fine.
    Of course Linux is different from Windows but this doesn't affect Metatrader:

    1- All the functionalities work.
    2- No memory problems.
    3- Speed of the program is normal.
    4- No data loss.
    5- No Connectivity problems.
    + Linux is safer than Windows.

    Wine is able to run almost all Windows applications because Wine is not an emulator: He doesn't run the program in a simulated windows environment. Rather than that he convert all windows API calls within the installed program to Linux calls; so it is like he converts the whole Windows program to a linux program.

    If you have linux Already installed, just try it, you will be surprised. ;)

    Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    49
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1
    Basically, I must adjust operating system microsoft windows with Linux, Yet when i have no idea what on earth is step one i must carry, and in addition wherever i must obtain Linux as well as software package as you claimed above, thank you very much...

    Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    13
    Promo (¢)
    355
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 4
    first of all thanx to mr UFX-Tunisia that you have shared such a nice information and you started a new thred which is very helpful for all the newbies as well as senior members .but as concern for me i think it will be more easily and reliasble on the windows because every body dont know about linux..i also dont know about this ..but thanx for your such a nice sharing

    Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Registered user UFX-Tunisia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    I Live in Monastir, Tunisia
    Posts
    80
    Promo (¢)
    1,190
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 22
    Hi,
    Sorry I wasn't here to reply for several days;

    Quote Originally Posted by turk1 View Post
    first of all thanx to mr UFX-Tunisia that you have shared such a nice information and you started a new thred which is very helpful for all the newbies as well as senior members .but as concern for me i think it will be more easily and reliasble on the windows because every body dont know about linux..i also dont know about this ..but thanx for your such a nice sharing
    Thank you for the feedback.
    I should say that I intended this thread to those who actually want to migrate to linux but they didn't do it because they don't know how MT4 would work on a linux OS. So I'm not convincing anyone here to switch for linux ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by shahadatot1 View Post
    Basically, I must adjust operating system microsoft windows with Linux, Yet when i have no idea what on earth is step one i must carry, and in addition wherever i must obtain Linux as well as software package as you claimed above, thank you very much...
    Basically, if you want to install linux you should install it in a whole partition or on the full hard-drive, like you do with a normal windows installation, yet a lot easier.
    I already provided the download links to LINUX Ubunto (OS): In this post; and for WINE (Windows program loader): here.

    Not allowed!

Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •