Methods of increasing your exposure - Page 79
Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29697576777879

Thread: Methods of increasing your exposure

Educator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 579
    Given: 189

Methods of increasing your exposure

Many traders would agree that discipline is «number 1 skill» in trading. Yet, this intellectual understanding would not necessarily allow you to be disciplined. We come to trading with different backgrounds – some of us are less disciplined than others, some traders are more resilient and emotionally intelligent than others, some traders have better processing mental power e t.c.

But we can develop and increase our abilities in different fields. And one feature that every trader needs is exposure.

Attachment 5423

Whenever you see something happening, for example - market becomes volatile and price action accelerates, or any other thing happens, you should have ability to keep exposure at decent level and not to react immediately.

Basically, every method that can be applied in trading psychology, helps trader to increase self-awareness in the face of demand pressure, performance anxiety or frustration.

What is self-awareness? It’s a state of mind that can be defined as «neutral», it’s a state of internal observer that registers everything that happens, but doesn’t have the rush for action.
    Brett Steenbarger has called it «The Yoda state» in his book «Enhancing trader performance».
    In a nutshell, «Yoda state» allows someone to be as conscious as possible, to be in the present moment. Neurologically, out frontal region of the brain is stimulated when we are operating from «Yoda state». It’s not that you become «very logical», it's not about domination of one side of the brain, frontal cortex is about consciousness. It’s been said that we use several percent of our brain, the rest of the processing power operates with unconscious and subconscious information.

So, the more self aware you are, the more conscious you are.

There are numerous ways in modern psychology helping people to increase this «here and now» state. For example, cognitive psychology – it works with your thoughts, but in some cases we don’t feel that there is connection between our thoughts and emotional states. So, not always methods of cognitive psychology are effective.

What can increase your exposure? As I have said, we need to activate our frontal region of brain and maintain this state for a elongated period of time.

Some kind of mediation can be used in this case. The idea is to keep focus for a long time on some repetitive stimulus, for example – it can be sound of music. You can sit in a calm place and turn on relaxing music, then task would be to concentrate on the music as much as you can avoiding any other distractions. The more you practice, the more you will enter this «Yoda state» in which you control your own actions.
    I personally would advice you to make sound of music not very loud, because in this case your task would not be that easy, you should do some work to concentrate. It’s well known fact, that orators who speak very quietly, attract more attention from the audience who has to concentrate to hear what they are talking about. The same principle is here.

You can try to concentrate on whatever you want – for example your breathing, some pictures in your imagination e t.c.
    This exercise will allow you to increase consciousness and processing power of your brain, and in trading it will give you opportunity to be more self-aware, to choose only best setups, filter information and respond quickly to new flows of data that can completely change the situation – we all know that in trading, opportunities often appear «from nowhere».

Good luck and trade consciously!

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 56
    Quote Originally Posted by splash View Post
    There is no two ways about it, it is all done through learning, thus the more you practice the more you would know about forex trading and then the more money you can make from it. Therefore the method to increase your exposure is making sure that you follow the demo account thus getting to learn from it you have to succeed in there first.
    Learning itself is the process that teaches us about trading. I always study my own trading and eventually the cause of my loosing. But also , you will agree that almost all trade requires a good analysis before understanding that it will bring profit for sure or not. And some of them are too hard to analyze otherwise out of your skill and experience boundaries.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 1
    These is to do anything and work hard on anything that makes it posible for you to value if you are working hard on certain trades and making it right for the good that comes with it and these is what makes forex the best for the good of the market and showing the right choices that we are all shown in the trading of forex.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 35
    Quote Originally Posted by shivanandfx View Post
    Learning itself is the process that teaches us about trading. I always study my own trading and eventually the cause of my loosing. But also , you will agree that almost all trade requires a good analysis before understanding that it will bring profit for sure or not. And some of them are too hard to analyze otherwise out of your skill and experience boundaries.
    Self evaluation of my trading says that I face losses due to greed many times. Though emotions should have no place in forex calculations, practically it is impossible to eradicate emotions. If traders could do that, they would behave in the same way and have the same thoughts. It is the negative emotions that should be managed.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 495
    Quote Originally Posted by AmitChallenger View Post
    Self evaluation of my trading says that I face losses due to greed many times. Though emotions should have no place in forex calculations, practically it is impossible to eradicate emotions. If traders could do that, they would behave in the same way and have the same thoughts. It is the negative emotions that should be managed.
    Oh but good to know that mate, at least you have good understanding that why you are losing money in trading, there are so many trader's in forex and those even don't know what is the main cause of their loss because they are spending money on gambling and busy with betting all the time. I am sure that this stuff would give you better experience slowly slowly keep it up mate.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 56
    Quote Originally Posted by Hukam View Post
    Oh but good to know that mate, at least you have good understanding that why you are losing money in trading, there are so many trader's in forex and those even don't know what is the main cause of their loss because they are spending money on gambling and busy with betting all the time. I am sure that this stuff would give you better experience slowly slowly keep it up mate.
    When we know why we are loosing money then the first step is to overcome them. Trading with good analysis and good planning in my view is a systematic means oftrading.We should learn to be forgetting about guessing in forex trading and concentrate on the experiences goten about forex trading.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 146
    Quote Originally Posted by shivanandfx View Post
    When we know why we are loosing money then the first step is to overcome them. Trading with good analysis and good planning in my view is a systematic means oftrading.We should learn to be forgetting about guessing in forex trading and concentrate on the experiences goten about forex trading.
    It will not be that so easily done. Do, you know why? Because most people know the reason why they are losing. But in a nutshell, it becomes so hard to control because it all has to do with emotions and since it is that way, we see so many people losing. As far as the knowledge is not built in the demo account first of all, it will be hard.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    a trader must not lack,anybody willing to make money in this business must be prepare to put in hard work in the business as well the kinda understanding we have toward the market determine the amount of profit we can make doing this business,success only come as a result of understanding we might be having to trade the market.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 130
    Quote Originally Posted by yezid View Post
    a trader must not lack,anybody willing to make money in this business must be prepare to put in hard work in the business as well the kinda understanding we have toward the market determine the amount of profit we can make doing this business,success only come as a result of understanding we might be having to trade the market.
    Hard work is the key to being successful. Only when traders has the time spent on the demo account then they can have good exposure to the way the business works and how they can get to invest into it to have the success. Exposure means experience and that experience does not come easily., so the only patient ones can get it.

Not allowed!

Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29697576777879