Page 1 of 79 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Methods of increasing your exposure

Educator
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 568
    Given: 191

Methods of increasing your exposure

Many traders would agree that discipline is «number 1 skill» in trading. Yet, this intellectual understanding would not necessarily allow you to be disciplined. We come to trading with different backgrounds – some of us are less disciplined than others, some traders are more resilient and emotionally intelligent than others, some traders have better processing mental power e t.c.

But we can develop and increase our abilities in different fields. And one feature that every trader needs is exposure.

self-control.jpg

Whenever you see something happening, for example - market becomes volatile and price action accelerates, or any other thing happens, you should have ability to keep exposure at decent level and not to react immediately.

Basically, every method that can be applied in trading psychology, helps trader to increase self-awareness in the face of demand pressure, performance anxiety or frustration.

What is self-awareness? It’s a state of mind that can be defined as «neutral», it’s a state of internal observer that registers everything that happens, but doesn’t have the rush for action.
    Brett Steenbarger has called it «The Yoda state» in his book «Enhancing trader performance».
    In a nutshell, «Yoda state» allows someone to be as conscious as possible, to be in the present moment. Neurologically, out frontal region of the brain is stimulated when we are operating from «Yoda state». It’s not that you become «very logical», it's not about domination of one side of the brain, frontal cortex is about consciousness. It’s been said that we use several percent of our brain, the rest of the processing power operates with unconscious and subconscious information.

So, the more self aware you are, the more conscious you are.

There are numerous ways in modern psychology helping people to increase this «here and now» state. For example, cognitive psychology – it works with your thoughts, but in some cases we don’t feel that there is connection between our thoughts and emotional states. So, not always methods of cognitive psychology are effective.

What can increase your exposure? As I have said, we need to activate our frontal region of brain and maintain this state for a elongated period of time.

Some kind of mediation can be used in this case. The idea is to keep focus for a long time on some repetitive stimulus, for example – it can be sound of music. You can sit in a calm place and turn on relaxing music, then task would be to concentrate on the music as much as you can avoiding any other distractions. The more you practice, the more you will enter this «Yoda state» in which you control your own actions.
    I personally would advice you to make sound of music not very loud, because in this case your task would not be that easy, you should do some work to concentrate. It’s well known fact, that orators who speak very quietly, attract more attention from the audience who has to concentrate to hear what they are talking about. The same principle is here.

You can try to concentrate on whatever you want – for example your breathing, some pictures in your imagination e t.c.
    This exercise will allow you to increase consciousness and processing power of your brain, and in trading it will give you opportunity to be more self-aware, to choose only best setups, filter information and respond quickly to new flows of data that can completely change the situation – we all know that in trading, opportunities often appear «from nowhere».

Good luck and trade consciously!

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 27
    Thanks for sharing the great article value trader according to me discipline is very necessary in forex and without any discipline its very hard to make consistent profit from forex I am agree with your point that we should try to concentrate on whatever we want and our exercise and practice make us a very good professional trader in forex trading business

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 36
    Really it is a great informative post we must be self aware and when we become self aware we are not going to place our trades randomly and placement of orders with proper analysis and calculation will always end in profits so we must have reasons for placing any order let it be how small it is and which account we are trading on it will create a good trading habit.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 193
    i see, we need discipline and patience in everything and without them, knowledge is nothing, but sometimes so hard for us to keep trading with discipline and patience, the emotion come up in every situation and make blind the mind then can not think with clear anymore, and maybe it was caused by daily habit and we did not realize it until got the problem with it

and i do really interest with " It’s a state of mind that can be defined as «neutral», it’s a state of internal observer that registers everything that happens, but doesn’t have the rush for action. ",,how can i start it ?

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 19
    yes as often as you are to get used with the work of improving challange. that is to manage continous evaluation to alter better with the arrange of manipulating request to receive projected earning with the good guidance with the choice of strings with the strategic rules. to focus more with the spends of managing short target of compliance to compound higher to met with the longer terms completion.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 0
    personally i believe to increase our exposure in this business it has to do with how much knowledge and understanding we have and we are willing to get,exposure is just about making research on new thing on might come across,personally i love the idea of making research on the market from time to time

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 56
    Quote Originally Posted by dkarev View Post
    personally i believe to increase our exposure in this business it has to do with how much knowledge and understanding we have and we are willing to get,exposure is just about making research on new thing on might come across,personally i love the idea of making research on the market from time to time
    all the things that make you have to be in this trade to change yourself better, about the attitude of the analysis and must continue to make ourselves have knowledge that already exists in the knowledge of this trade it will take us to be much more able to be better able to think of the best way to trade and will be quick to repair the damaged condition

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    The traders in the Forex market have to be very talented when it comes to money making. Forex market is a very good platform to earn money but it is even more easier to loose money if we are not skilled and experienced.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    The actual investors within the foreign exchange market need to be really gifted with regards to income generating. Currency markets is actually an excellent system in order to make money however it is actually simpler to free cash in the event that we're not really experienced as well as skilled.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Quote Originally Posted by COMANG View Post
    all the things that make you have to be in this trade to change yourself better, about the attitude of the analysis and must continue to make ourselves have knowledge that already exists in the knowledge of this trade it will take us to be much more able to be better able to think of the best way to trade and will be quick to repair the damaged condition
    well i agree with you and this is why we need to be smart in our thinking when trading as well,and making use of proper trading plan,the amount of research we do when trading determine the amount of exposure we are gonna get when trading the market,i believe trading is about research and understanding

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 79 123451151 ... LastLast