Leonvic's CopyFx Journal (Ichimoku, moving average, Price Action) - Page 6
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Leonvic's CopyFx Journal (Ichimoku, moving average, Price Action)

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 4

Leonvic's CopyFx Journal (Ichimoku, moving average, Price Action)

Trader: Leonvic https://my.roboforex.com/en/copyfx/p...rs/show/50780/
    Forum nickname: Leonvic
    Account number: 20079086
    Server name: RoboForex-Pro
    Account type: CopyFx MT4 Pro-Standard
    Leverage: 1:1000
    Funds: 100.00 USD
    Rating: https://www.copyfx.com/ratings/rating-all/show/50780/

Description of the subscription conditions:
    Scheme: Trader on commission
    Added on: 16 May 2019 20:48:33
    Started on: 16 May 2019 20:48:33
    Risk level: Medium
    Commission per lot: 1 USD
    Amount of minimum deposit: 100 USD
    Investment period: 4 weeks

I have decided to join the league of copyfx traders, my strategy will revolve around taking trades based on the Ichimoku indicator, moving average and of course price action generally. I will be scalping most of the time, but will leave certain trades to run for more than a day as I deem fit. I am mostly an aggressive trader.

Not allowed!
    Last edited by Gamer; 05-17-2019 at 12:00 PM. Reason: new update of account

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 7
    There is more chances that we are going to get more of the bullish movement on this pair than selling because the price of the EURUSD have been able to break above that resistance level which is at the 1.1200 and there is every possibilities of the price of this pair heading towards the resistance which is at the 1.1250. Personally, I have a moving average of the 55ema and whenever the price comes closer to it than I would start to buy it again because the area is going to act as the support area for the buyers.

Not allowed!
    Last edited by Penuelophir; 05-10-2019 at 03:36 PM. Reason: made correction

Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 42
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonvic View Post
    I have just bought eur Usd at 1.1233 from the chart that you can see below, price has gone below the cloud a little and found support from the 200 moving average, now that it has moved away from the moving average and close above the Ichimoku clouds, I saw it as a good opportunity to buy, my take profit is 1.1248. I hope for the best because this trade looks like it is a good decision but let me allow the market decide.
    well i know your trade is in profit how ever you entry point is very much wrong because the point where you bought is resistance area on m5 chart so market can go bear you entry should be above 1.1237 where market confirm the breaking of resistance level how ever luck help you to achieved your target .

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by mexima View Post
    well i know your trade is in profit how ever you entry point is very much wrong because the point where you bought is resistance area on m5 chart so market can go bear you entry should be above 1.1237 where market confirm the breaking of resistance level how ever luck help you to achieved your target .
    Unfortunately I was forced to leave the trade because there were a couple of news announcement that were very strong ahead, the take profit was not hit as planned which is okay because I traded with a lot that is bigger than normal, however I believe that next week is another time to trade, I did not just want to leave my trades open at the mercy of the news.

@Penuelophir, yes the price of eur Usd is still very on the bullish ride, its Friday and I was skeptical about giving back the profits I made during the week, that is why I left that eur Usd buy.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 13

@Penuelophir, yes the price of eur Usd is still very on the bullish ride, its Friday and I was skeptical about giving back the profits I made during the week, that is why I left that eur Usd buy.
    Dear friend, it is better that you close every trade for now. This is Friday, anything can happen, specifically the profit taking activities. In fact, i never believed that the EURUSD could reach as high as above 1.1250 this week, it had tried already, and i give it that respect. But for traders to be holding its position on the buying of EURUSD more than this present time is not going to be working well for the trader.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyen View Post
    Dear friend, it is better that you close every trade for now. This is Friday, anything can happen, specifically the profit taking activities. In fact, i never believed that the EURUSD could reach as high as above 1.1250 this week, it had tried already, and i give it that respect. But for traders to be holding its position on the buying of EURUSD more than this present time is not going to be working well for the trader.
    Thank you so much for your concern, yes I did close the trade because it was already Friday and due to the unpredictability that we often observe in weekend, I believe that it was the right decision to take based on the way market has been misbehaving, actually I did not want to exit that trade because I had the instincts that price would get to the take profit, unfortunately I left because of the anticipated news release.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 7
    Whenever we are not very sure of any market condition I think the best thing for us to do as novice or newbies forex traders is to close all trades or stay away from executing the trades because when we eventually do without first understanding what is happening then we are likely to end up losing some of the profits that we have made over time. I believe that what you did by staying away due to the news release is good trading decision and it pays even when we do not see it because losing our trading account in an uncertainty market is very painful but staying away will always prevent such situation.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Penuelophir View Post
    Whenever we are not very sure of any market condition I think the best thing for us to do as novice or newbies forex traders is to close all trades or stay away from executing the trades because when we eventually do without first understanding what is happening then we are likely to end up losing some of the profits that we have made over time. I believe that what you did by staying away due to the news release is good trading decision and it pays even when we do not see it because losing our trading account in an uncertainty market is very painful but staying away will always prevent such situation.
    Thank you for your great contribution, actually that is what I have been practicing lately, anytime that I am not sure about what comes next in the market, I would rather keep my account from harm's way by staying out, that was actually what informed my leaving the eur Usd trade even though it eventually passed my take profit, you know something can change the market against you when the news is announced, I just did not what the uncertainty and many things that could result from leaving my position opened.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 1
    I have a contrary opinion here, when we are trading the news, there is nothing that we should worry about because your strategy gave you the signal before the news, what I would have expected for you to do is wait for the news to play out, as long as there is a stop loss to your running trades, the closing was not necessary, only when there is nothing like this, then you can have some hesitation to terminate the position immediately.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by simisola View Post
    I have a contrary opinion here, when we are trading the news, there is nothing that we should worry about because your strategy gave you the signal before the news, what I would have expected for you to do is wait for the news to play out, as long as there is a stop loss to your running trades, the closing was not necessary, only when there is nothing like this, then you can have some hesitation to terminate the position immediately.
    Oh well, this is another way to look at it, because you are actually correct, when we back test a strategy, we see wonderful performances from a strategy, how come it does not seem to work anymore because we are paying attention to things we never considered when trading the demo or back testing process, news is usually not there, but emotions is probably what made me to get scared and closed my trades because of it. I will look into what you have said in subsequent trades, hopefully, something nice should come out from this experiment.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0
    I am waiting for a touch of that 200 EMA to sell eur Usd by tomorrow, but if that fails I would Immediately look for a buying opportunity, the Ichimoku is showing a bullish future, the clouds are really bright so I think price could stall when it reaches that moving average, if it continues up, I will either wait for a pull back to the 200 ema or wait for a pull back to the Ichimoku clouds depending on which comes first, main while I will be monitoring lower time frame for quick entry and exit opportunity as well.

some of the indicators on the basis of it are very good to use and make our analysis material everyday, and I see above your analysis using some indicators is very good, and if I myself often use techniques from pivot point indicators and also moving averages as a reference base material I analyze overall price movements,
    and I also often see good opportunities from various indicators that I rarely use,

Not allowed!

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast