The right way to scalp and a few thoughts about scalping.
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The right way to scalp and a few thoughts about scalping.

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 7

The right way to scalp and a few thoughts about scalping.

Everybody speaks about scalping but nobody speaks how to scalp in the right way. I will try to advise something.

1. Scalping should be used when there are no news to be released and scalping should be stopped during the news.
    2. Scalping should be used only when market does a correction. If market have made a correction down 10 pips so we buy. If market have made a correction up so we sell.
    3. Scalping is the quantity of trades so take profit should be 10 pips and risk / reward ratio 1:1 or less.
    4. Traders have to use hourly support and resistance levels when making scalping decisions.
    5. If scalper wants to use indicators so there are Moving Average + Stochastics or Bollinger bands + RSI.
    6. Big size lots are not recommended and it is better to use leverage 1:100

I hope that traders will share their positive and negative experience about scalping in this thread.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    There are different opinions that scalping is risky or profitable and both sides are right. But forex is such business where we can earn more if we take bigger risk because theoretically market can move both sides 50:50 percent. But practically experienced trader can foresee the market movement in 5-10 minutes and earn money from this movement but he must scalp in the right way.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 6
    There is not actual rule to trade with any of the way we have to trade with scalping , in first point you said make sure there is no news at the time of scalping but i think scalping is helpful for us when there is news , because price moving fast and we trade with take profit and stoploss for proper ratio of risk and reward and apply our trade plan accordingly .

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 13
    No 1 its right mate. When we use scalping strategy we trade in normal market wihout news because when news come price is unpredictable and the volatile of news will be danger for us. The good moment to do scalp which i knew it is in side way market condition. And the good strategy is support and resistane in small tine frame like 5M and 15 M.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 4
    I don't agree with your point number one, scalping can be done when you have a news release, there is nothing wrong with scalping at such times, I guess what you should have emphasised is that we should have a proper timing while scalping news, indeed we know that the dangers of scalping news is higher but that does not mean it is absolutely impossible to accomplish.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 1
    Moving average stochastic will make a very good strategy for scalping, one could be used to determine the point of entry as we use the other to check if what we want to trade is valid or not, that is what confirmation is meant to accomplish, scalping is difficult, it is not as cheap as we want to believe sometimes, although scalpers are really good at getting countless opportunity daily.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Quote Originally Posted by Rola View Post
    4. Traders have to use hourly support and resistance levels when making scalping decisions.
    5. If scalper wants to use indicators so there are Moving Average + Stochastics or Bollinger bands + RSI.
    6. Big size lots are not recommended and it is better to use leverage 1:100
    Scalping is effective when you fully understand the mark direction on the high time frames and you should be able to note your supports and resistance levels on your smaller time frame where your trades are executed, because it would help you to know when you are about to sell low which is wrong and when you are about to buy high which is wrong too. Using some of the mentioned trading indicators are good but it is better to make sure that you learn and master these or any trading tools you are going to make use of. So many novice traders are risking all their trading accounts on just one trade thinking that they would hit a jackpot but that is a gate way to losing all.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonvic View Post
    I don't agree with your point number one, scalping can be done when you have a news release, there is nothing wrong with scalping at such times, I guess what you should have emphasised is that we should have a proper timing while scalping news, indeed we know that the dangers of scalping news is higher but that does not mean it is absolutely impossible to accomplish.
    Personally I do not like to scalp when there are news because market moves fast and I can not predict the price. I like scalping when there are no news and price moves from one level to another level without big volatility. I earn the best money during such market conditions. But if I try to scalp during the news so I have losses.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    There are different ways to scalp the market and some traders like to use indicators Bollinger bands +RSI or Moving average + RSI. Indicators can lagg sometimes and signals should be verified with hourly support resistance levels but generally this scalping method is good for new traders if they understand the market and have experience.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    There different opinions about scalping strategy. Some traders say that it is very risky strategy but the others say that it is the best and very safe strategy but traders must have good experience and market knowledge. I will say that scalping is good strategy but it is not suitable for all traders and if trader is not successful with scalping so he must use other strategy.

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast