Japanese Yen: fact we should know - Page 4
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Japanese Yen: fact we should know

Thumbs Up
    Received: 245
    Given: 151

Japanese Yen: fact we should know

Over the last 16 years, since the "currency panic" of 1995, the rate of the yen to the dollar, then to the euro, has fallen several times. Each time the weakening was due to feature of the monetary policy of the Bank of Japan and the large-scale placement of debt securities by the Ministry of Finance of Japan.

Having regard to the fact that the level of inflationary expectations in the economy remained consistently low, in the market for government debt, there formed a certain price corridor, which had an effect on the rate of the Japanese currency, the value of shares and the activity in capital flows (inflows and outflows).

During the last 16 years the rate of yen showed the ups and downs several times, which was due to the dynamics of the value of the government debt securities and the interest rate differential between Japanese and foreign assets.

Not allowed!
    Last edited by Gulfstream; 02-14-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 141
    it would mean the next stage of the Japanese currency weakness. Otherwise if interest rates on debt securities start to rise, the yen will certainly have a chance to strengthen, as this will cause the demand for shares from the local capital.I like usdjpy and eurjpy because these pairs have low spreads and also provide good liquidity to the traders.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 280
    Given: 193
    Trading in USD/JPY is risky because it's hard to predict the market movement since Japan Yen keep falling due to monetary policy. Though Dollar is unstable because of conflict in Syria. This what makes me afraid to trade in USD/JPY. But I still want to take risk to trade in EUR/JPY because we know that Yen keep falling and Euro keep goes up and down against Yen. This pair is profitable and suggested for scalper.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 32
    I really like to trade in the EUR/JPY, GBP/JPY a lot so that i can be taking good advantage of the huge volatility happening in these currency pairs, but one should have strict money management while trading in such highly volatile currency pairs for better trading.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by ashvini View Post
    I really like to trade in the EUR/JPY, GBP/JPY a lot so that i can be taking good advantage of the huge volatility happening in these currency pairs, but one should have strict money management while trading in such highly volatile currency pairs for better trading.
    What happened to me is on the contrary, I am actually afraid to trade with the pair, especially with every pair that has JPY. In my opinion, all pairs that has JPY, their market movements very uncontrollable and unpredictable. For a moment I can get a profit but after a while, I even loss. I trade a few times using this pair and lost my account. In addition to fear, in fact I was also a bit traumatized.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 207
    Given: 311
    Quote Originally Posted by Azis Muslim View Post
    What happened to me is on the contrary, I am actually afraid to trade with the pair, especially with every pair that has JPY. In my opinion, all pairs that has JPY, their market movements very uncontrollable and unpredictable. For a moment I can get a profit but after a while, I even loss. I trade a few times using this pair and lost my account. In addition to fear, in fact I was also a bit traumatized.
    I ever trade on eur/jpy for nearly six months, my last trade in this pair is when there are a situation in which the movement of almost 400 pips in a few minutes, a condition that occurs at the beginning of this year. I get big profit in a moment, not based on the analysis, but it is only a coincidence. So I decided to trade in this pair because I was worried about the condition occurs again where when I was in the opposite position.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 32
    This time i have really trapped myself into one of the bad sell trade in the eur/jpy because of the huge fluctuation which happened on thursday. And need to observe the market movement on monday to know the future of my current open trade.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by rinaji View Post
    I ever trade on eur/jpy for nearly six months, my last trade in this pair is when there are a situation in which the movement of almost 400 pips in a few minutes, a condition that occurs at the beginning of this year. I get big profit in a moment, not based on the analysis, but it is only a coincidence. So I decided to trade in this pair because I was worried about the condition occurs again where when I was in the opposite position.
    I used to trade in the pair EUR / JPY and got a lot of profit by scalping and long term. However, in the past time I was over-confident and opened a lot of positions without an accurate analysis. Finally, I open many positions at once and the market moves reversed. There goes all my money in an instant because we know how quickly the movement of EUR / JPY.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0
    trading in yen pair is associated with very risky in my opinion, the movement of the yen volatility is not unexpected and is very strong, so for me that has a small margin, trading in yen pair would be suicide, let alone the Japanese government that often intervene in their currencies, so sometimes a strategy to be invalid in the eyes of money-related wear yen

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Japanies yen in currencies in top and it's movement is so good it's effect other markets and tokyo currencies market and stock axchange as well so it's big impact currency in trading and if we have a good trading system and strategies to trade with this currency and following strong news and analysis it's lead us to good profit in market in short time. the tokyo session is best for this currency.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    I think that the speed of these currencies are required in many cases, too because I love working on them because they make a quick profit, but at the same time very serious and could make us lose all our money in these moments is dangerous

Not allowed!

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast