Japanese Yen: fact we should know - Page 3
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Japanese Yen: fact we should know

Thumbs Up
    Received: 245
    Given: 151

Japanese Yen: fact we should know

Over the last 16 years, since the "currency panic" of 1995, the rate of the yen to the dollar, then to the euro, has fallen several times. Each time the weakening was due to feature of the monetary policy of the Bank of Japan and the large-scale placement of debt securities by the Ministry of Finance of Japan.

Having regard to the fact that the level of inflationary expectations in the economy remained consistently low, in the market for government debt, there formed a certain price corridor, which had an effect on the rate of the Japanese currency, the value of shares and the activity in capital flows (inflows and outflows).

During the last 16 years the rate of yen showed the ups and downs several times, which was due to the dynamics of the value of the government debt securities and the interest rate differential between Japanese and foreign assets.

Not allowed!
    Last edited by Gulfstream; 02-14-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 5
    Forex trade with various currencies of different countries . We need to select a pair of currency to trade .Now a days Japanese yen (JPY) one of the most popular and largely traded currency pairs. I like USD/JPY and EUR/JPY most because these pairs have low spreads and also provide good liquidity to the traders . So it is helpful to make a good amount of profit .

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Yen pairs are very volatile and I strongly recommend that newbie trader should not trade on Japanese yen until they get good in other popular currencies pairs Because Japanese Yen can move soo fast sooo much in few mins or even seconds...!

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 9
    I think the work with the Japaneses yen is very risky but it is a good for the beginner but with a low volume to can make a good profit because it is very active currency pairs and the small traders well work in trend and right decision to can generate a capital

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 11
    Quote Originally Posted by mohamed reda View Post
    trading with USD/JPY may be so risky for any trader right now the price is go bad you may predict the price in a direction but in fact the price will move any where so it may be risky to trade with this pair in my opinion i lost many trades by trading with this pair only so i do not prefer to trade with this pair ever .
    no man i think trading in any pair in Forex business is risk , because Forex is risky business so i think in all ways we should have strategy and also in all ways we have the keys to control in the market because the choice is always with us ...
    and about USD/JPY i think that pair is the best pair now you only need any indicator , personally i used moving average and it give to me the good results ..

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 289
    Given: 50
    I have being following some reaction of some countries bond with the market when they are bought or sold for sometimes now, It baffles me that it does not really affects the currency of the country during this operations, The worse, it will react less than 10 pips, and i have being noticing this for long, it is undervalued with FX, Does it means that it does not really having impact of the economy of the country or something?

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 32
    Japanese currency pair is one of the most volatile currency pairs like for example GBP/JPY, EUR/JPY which has market movement of more than 150+ pips per day most of the times. One can take the advantage of the market movement for making pips is along the right direction of the market.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ashvini View Post
    Japanese currency pair is one of the most volatile currency pairs like for example GBP/JPY, EUR/JPY which has market movement of more than 150+ pips per day most of the times. One can take the advantage of the market movement for making pips is along the right direction of the market.
    well, that's because the difference between them is quite big so the pair will move even more volatile. plus, now the politic in the country i mean in the Japan has gone quite brutal. they might suddenly weaken the currency or make it stronger.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 32
    Quote Originally Posted by sekiryutei View Post
    well, that's because the difference between them is quite big so the pair will move even more volatile. plus, now the politic in the country i mean in the Japan has gone quite brutal. they might suddenly weaken the currency or make it stronger.
    True, this huge volatility is the plus point for the traders that by being along the right direction of the market movement, there are all possibilities that the trader could be making some good amount of money by trading in such highly volatile currency pairs to their advantage.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by topman View Post
    Almost everyday yen make a huge movements on the market place. As we can see eur/jpy which have more than 100 pips at generally. Especially in tokyo and london session this pair is more volatile then other. Personally, this is one of my favorite pairs to trade everyday.
    japan sure is putting a lot of efforts lately, this currency was known for its brutality, but somehow the last 10 years has shut it down. however because of the currencies war between countries nowadays, and the debt of japan has grown big due to the last disaster, they dont have many choice than to enter the currencies war, its like fight for life or die trying.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 1
    Well, for now i think they didn't move as volatile as before anymore. Since the rival for them in business i mean the China has dropped down. I quess we will see more volatility when they two bring out some politic war again such as the land dispute before and they will be doing some inflation war. Funny but scary for the forex market.

Not allowed!

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast