Martyn Journal - Page 3
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Martyn Journal

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 0

Martyn Journal

Hello, this is my first time make a journal about forex trading, sorry if iam make a mistake while making trading journal.

I am a long or short-term swing trader, most of the techniques I use in trading is quite varied, because I always find that the opportunities in forex trading enter and exit from the market, so I do not care if I have a long or short-term trading. Regarding the indicators that I use also vary, according to market movements, I use indicators MA, zigzag, CCI, MFI, WPR, fractal and A/D, I'd want to use the MACD but till date I have not understood how to apply this indicator in forex trading.

Trading method that I use is I use multiple time frames from M1 - H4. To looking for enter signal i using one of the fractal indicator, CCI, WPR, A / D, MFI, and MA, while iam looking exit signal I use one of the zigzag indicator, WPR, and CCI.

Money management and trading rule that I use is not using ratios, so only use approximations, depending on the leverage that I use, usually a margin that I often use in forex trading is about 5-10% of the total margin. I do not use stoploss and takeprofit, because Iam trading with the simple principle : get profit or margin call, so I rarely closing loss order unless I'm having a very good analysis at the time.

My objective:
    I wanted to develop a strategy that I use, although not very accurate, but at least I hope to make a good profit, and I also wanted to experience an increase in trading psychology, because I often have stop out when I'm poor trading psychology. Regarding the profit target I want to achieve a minimum of about 10% per month, and I hope it can be more again.

By the way Iam trading in some pair currency, I using EUR / JPY, GBP / JPY, NZD / USD, AUD / USD, USD / JPY, EUR / USD, GBP / USD, USD / CHF, and USD / CAD.

Later I will share information about my trading journal, and I hope it can be useful

Not allowed!
    Last edited by martyn; 12-17-2013 at 08:33 PM.

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up

GBPNZD, 10 JANUARY 2014 18:36

At that time I expect the market to move up more higher, but if viewed using a longer period of time then I see the market is moving down. At the moment the market is moving sideways, so I better close the order and make a profit $ 2.40, because if I wait longer to get a greater profit, then I can get a loss.
    Attachment 5573

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up

GBPJPY 13 JANUARY 2014 02:33

At that time I think the market has made a support point at 171 258 so I open buy, but apparently the market is still moving down in the next period so I get floating loss at that time. But at that time I still have a strong margin and I better wait for my order to make a profit, and on the 15th the market started moving up and I close order with profit $ 1.12.
    Attachment 5600

- - - Updated - - -
    EURUSD 15 JANUARY 2014 20:46
    At that time i see market was makes a point of support at 1.35798, so I open buy, but because of the market volume seems still quiet so I was a little hesitant later market could eventually be made a sideway pattern or breakout while moving down, so I better close order immediately and get profit $ 1:04.
    Attachment 5603

Not allowed!
    Last edited by martyn; 01-21-2014 at 09:36 PM.

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up

GBPUSD 16 JANUARY 2014 00:19

In that time GBPUSD seems have made a support point at 1.63260, and then I open buy but I experienced a floating loss on the next periods. But apparently on the next day there was news release relating to the USD currency, the news shows the value of the USD will drop drastically, and then the market GBPUSD moved up about 1000 points in a short time, and I get a profit of $ 11.08.
    Attachment 5757

- - - Updated - - -
    USDJPY 17 JANUARY 2014 17:51

At that time I think USDJPY market will moving down drastically since I saw the indicator Bolinger band widens, then I open sell but apparently even make a sideway movement and USDJPY moving with very low volume, so I better close order and get a profit $ 0.48
    Attachment 5758

- - - Updated - - -
    NZDUSD 17 JANUARY 2014 22:01
    At that time the market NZDUSD was moving down, but because the market still not made a volatility then i try open sell with hope i can making a profit from market volatility. But unfortunately the market volume increased only slightly compared with the previous period, so I better do close order and get a profit $ 0.60
    Attachment 5759

- - - Updated - - -
    GBPJPY 20 JANUARY 2014 00:08
    At that time the GBPJPY market seems has made a resistance point at 171.856 as a result of the release of economic news, then the market starts to move down and I open buy with hope the market can move up and make a volatility, unfortunately after I wait long enough it seems the market is still make a sideway movement, so I better close order and get a profit $ 1.81.
    Attachment 5760

Not allowed!
    Last edited by martyn; 01-26-2014 at 01:28 AM.

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    GBPJPY 20 JANUARY 20:50
    At the time GBPJPY seems have made a support point at 170.130, so I open buy in the hope the market will create volatility at that time. But unfortunately the market volume continued to decreasing in the next period so I better close order and get a profit $ 0.76.
    Attachment 5806

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    It is clear that the stop-loss may have been beaten in many deals, if possible, that is developing a strategy so as to avoid hitting the stop loss and I generally do not like to Atager stop loss because I would love to continue to aim even higher price if the opposite.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 207
    Given: 313
    Hello dear. Thank you for sharing, I hope you get improvement in trade performance. I have a strategy that is almost the same as you. Not limited to one or two indicators. But many variations of the indicators that I might use for analysis.

Are you using m1 as well? I am interested in your way. How do you analyze the market using m1?

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    must have an commercial strategy is quite tough being a swing traders and the resale. when I attempted business as an swing Matches or resale almost all my jobs ended up in the long term and must wait for a time for profit and he lost as many opportunities.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by rinaji View Post
    Hello dear. Thank you for sharing, I hope you get improvement in trade performance. I have a strategy that is almost the same as you. Not limited to one or two indicators. But many variations of the indicators that I might use for analysis.

Are you using m1 as well? I am interested in your way. How do you analyze the market using m1?
    If that means we have a profit opportunities are almost same :)
    I use this strategy with a time frame instead of the M1, before I ever use this strategy on M1 but most of the results are not optimal because this strategy can only analyze the market to cover the spread cost only, I can not make a good profit with this strategy, so I prefer using this strategy at least on timeframe M5 - H4, you can try on that timeframe if you using strategy that almost same with me :)

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up

STOP OUT USDJPY GBPJPY 3 FEBRUARY 2014

Today I get a stop out again on a real account, bad news, the correlation USDJPY and GBPJPY moving down with high volatility and making me suffer losses up to around $ 120, my mistake earlier that is I tried to develop a strategy that I use with a real account so I open more than one order, and now my balance account only $10.88, still can be used for forex trading, still can be used for trading with a some little optimistic think
    screenshot.PNG

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Can be short-term trading I see that it's best for me and trading and I see that the short-term trading needs a good analysis and an important move away from the times of the powerful news because where serious and important to work on the analysis of well

Not allowed!

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast