Martyn Journal
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Martyn Journal

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 0

Martyn Journal

Hello, this is my first time make a journal about forex trading, sorry if iam make a mistake while making trading journal.

I am a long or short-term swing trader, most of the techniques I use in trading is quite varied, because I always find that the opportunities in forex trading enter and exit from the market, so I do not care if I have a long or short-term trading. Regarding the indicators that I use also vary, according to market movements, I use indicators MA, zigzag, CCI, MFI, WPR, fractal and A/D, I'd want to use the MACD but till date I have not understood how to apply this indicator in forex trading.

Trading method that I use is I use multiple time frames from M1 - H4. To looking for enter signal i using one of the fractal indicator, CCI, WPR, A / D, MFI, and MA, while iam looking exit signal I use one of the zigzag indicator, WPR, and CCI.

Money management and trading rule that I use is not using ratios, so only use approximations, depending on the leverage that I use, usually a margin that I often use in forex trading is about 5-10% of the total margin. I do not use stoploss and takeprofit, because Iam trading with the simple principle : get profit or margin call, so I rarely closing loss order unless I'm having a very good analysis at the time.

My objective:
    I wanted to develop a strategy that I use, although not very accurate, but at least I hope to make a good profit, and I also wanted to experience an increase in trading psychology, because I often have stop out when I'm poor trading psychology. Regarding the profit target I want to achieve a minimum of about 10% per month, and I hope it can be more again.

By the way Iam trading in some pair currency, I using EUR / JPY, GBP / JPY, NZD / USD, AUD / USD, USD / JPY, EUR / USD, GBP / USD, USD / CHF, and USD / CAD.

Later I will share information about my trading journal, and I hope it can be useful

Not allowed!
    Last edited by martyn; 12-17-2013 at 08:33 PM.

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 47
    you must have a good trading strategy since it's really hard to be a swing trader and scalper. when i tried to trade like a swing trader or scalper, most of my positions ended up in long term and i should wait for sometime to get profit and lost so many opportunities. hope you can update your journal daily and focus, try not to lose more live or demo accounts hehe

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Attachment 4496

This time I see a good chance at EUR / JPY M15, where the CCI indicator has touched the -100 line, MFI was past the halfway line, the A / D has started moving up, so this condition is expected the market will move up.
    Recommended EUR/JPY [ DECEMBER 17 2013, 20:45 ] : BUY with hope profit about min 50 pips point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha View Post
    you must have a good trading strategy since it's really hard to be a swing trader and scalper. when i tried to trade like a swing trader or scalper, most of my positions ended up in long term and i should wait for sometime to get profit and lost so many opportunities. hope you can update your journal daily and focus, try not to lose more live or demo accounts hehe
    Yes, thanks for the advice. The strategy that I use is still requires a lot of development until now, but I also often use market patterns while forex trading, do not always rely on the strategy that I use.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Attachment 4508
    This time I see a good chance on the NZD / USD M15. This pair have formed a trend moving up, if my analysis through CCI, CCI is currently hitting about 76 points, so the estimated trend is still moving up. WPR has touched the upper line of about 20 points, it is also expected NZD / USD will do the reverse direction.
    So,,, NZD/USD recommendation [ December 18 2013, 01:30 ] :
    BUY with profit min about 30 pips point
    becarefull with reverse direction volatility.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    I forgot to tell you about the type of chart that I use, I think this is enough important associated with pips points estimation in my trading journal. Note that I use the 5-digit decimal chart, so all I give trading recommendations using 5 decimal digits. For example, if the recommendations min about 30 pips profit, meaning that the expected profit about 30 pips. While in chart 4 decimal digits, that meaning 3 pips profit, not 30 pips.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up

Unhappy

Attachment 4579

Today I experienced a big loss, I am grateful just get stopped out on one real trading account only, while other accounts are still able to survive because I use a small lot, but all my contest demo account experienced a margin call and stop out.
    I am trading on this third pair, but this third pair makes a correlation and high volatility, I do not know if the third pair is still moving forming breakout moved up.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Attachment 4588
    Currently [ December 19 2013, 10:30 ]
    I'm looking at a pretty good chance on GBPJPY pair is moving down.
    The CCI has entered into 37 points, MFI 55 points, WMR -26 points.
    Currently I'm open SELL with hope i can get profit at least about 300 pips points for the middle term, and at least 700 pips points for the long term, I hope that my analysis of the current work, because my all trading account including demo contest account was using Correlation JPY pair.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 4
    It seems you are quiet sure what you are doing. it's really important to have a particular trading plan. the best thing i love about your trading plan is you do not expect too much you just want profit of 10%. It is obvious to be happy with our profit. and you trade both long and short time so your trade need not necessarily stop when market goes against you.Good luck bro.....

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Yes, thanks, when we use a real account, we better not expect huge gains, except when we are following the forex contest. But this month seems all pair that I use move following the impact important news in real world, because all the strategies that I use are not working well in this month, even in the previous month :(
    i hope i not get a stop out again, because all my account was using corelated JPY pair like eur/jpy, usd/jpy and gbp/jpy, and my strategy was not working well in this third pair currency :(
    But I am still optimistic about the strategies that I use, because previously I had ever made a fine profit with this strategy, I just hope this pair make a corrections, because I think this pair did a lot of mistakes patterns in november and december.

Not allowed!
    Last edited by martyn; 12-26-2013 at 06:34 AM.

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Ups, one of my trading account get stop out again, i hope this is last time i get stop out

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast