Is it right to merge strategies??? - Page 6
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it right to merge strategies???

Quote Originally Posted by altafch View Post
    when we use merger strategies that can make confuse trader so we should avoid that way. we should use single and straight way when we make complex our trading we can not survive here for long time. so we can do well if we have good way to earn. and that is possible when we best and single way it is best way to learn this trading here
    to avoid trading with messy or confusing strategies that has been merged, try to merge only basic strategies at once. like merging candlestick analysis with trendline, or any other combinations are allowed as long as it's not involved with multiple indicators, especially the custom ones. having a mindset of doing things steadily and safely will breed a strong discipline for our learning.

Trader
    i think most of traders can become confuse so using many can be dangerous for trader instead of it trader can use single but confirm strategy so give time to demo account for some good learning. no one can get success here if we do not have experience. so demo is the only place where we can learn and can make sure we have good strategy to validate on demo

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha View Post
    to avoid trading with messy or confusing strategies that has been merged, try to merge only basic strategies at once. like merging candlestick analysis with trendline, or any other combinations are allowed as long as it's not involved with multiple indicators, especially the custom ones. having a mindset of doing things steadily and safely will breed a strong discipline for our learning.
    Merging trading strategies together have its benefits, but the bad side of it is likewise high. That is the reason i am using only one strategy, and it is the trendline strategy i use, i trust it. Traders which are using strategies together will have delay in their trading analysis, they will have the time that the signals will be conflicting with each other, that is making traders to gain little when those strategies narrowly agrees. Once we can use one strategies which is good, i think it's better.

More than one strategy per time is awful, you will be making Forex a very difficult business, I am trading with the Ichimoku strategy which is already seen as too complex by many other Forex traders, so now imagine me adding the alligator indicator which has about three lines, looking at my chart will almost want to give you headache, Forex is not so hard if we use a simple strategy, merging two strategies don't have positive effect on your performance, it reduces it adversely. It is not worth a try.

There is nothing wrong to merge strategies to have a new strategy but it must be subjected to series of trials before such a new strategy can be adopted to trade live account . I always tell people that traders need to have a strategy of his own which he has found suitable fir his trading style and personality . If you have not got to this point in your trading career , you will just find yourself jumping from one trading strategy to another

Trader
    In forex trading, as a trader, once you discover that system that works for you, then you are on your way to succeeding for yourself which is very important. I think we should have a perfect plan to manage risk and take up the opportunity to maximize good profits from this business. Using different system can be helpful and this will really amount on the better means towards success.

Quote Originally Posted by layigold View Post
    There is nothing wrong to merge strategies to have a new strategy but it must be subjected to series of trials before such a new strategy can be adopted to trade live account . I always tell people that traders need to have a strategy of his own which he has found suitable fir his trading style and personality . If you have not got to this point in your trading career , you will just find yourself jumping from one trading strategy to another
    most strategies that used by successful traders are merged one. it's including from many strategies or sources that are different then we choose and use some of the rules to combine into one new strategy. yes of course it's not wrong because everybody do it because they know it better with their own understanding. it's just not time yet for beginners to do this because they must learn to master one strategy first before trying a new one or even combine them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha View Post
    most strategies that used by successful traders are merged one. it's including from many strategies or sources that are different then we choose and use some of the rules to combine into one new strategy. yes of course it's not wrong because everybody do it because they know it better with their own understanding. it's just not time yet for beginners to do this because they must learn to master one strategy first before trying a new one or even combine them.
    master in one strategy can be possible for us because when we become good in one strategy we can earn good profit later. when we use multiple strategies we can mix them we can learn from them but its not good for us. merge strategies are good really we can not earn some good profit if we work on them. for better understanding we can learn trade and its possible with our experience

Merging strategies will not be bad as long it can trully led us to an even better result. It is good to merge strategies as long we understand what we are doing too. If we do not even understand the strategy to begin with then such kind of thing will only lead to harmful result to the final end. Surely that will not be good in any case or any scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by sekiryutei View Post
    Merging strategies will not be bad as long it can trully led us to an even better result. It is good to merge strategies as long we understand what we are doing too. If we do not even understand the strategy to begin with then such kind of thing will only lead to harmful result to the final end. Surely that will not be good in any case or any scenario.
    In fact, most of traders who got their own strategies now are coming from many different basic strategies which combined and gathered into one strategy with higher accuracy. Of course it's not wrong to merge strategies when we know the purpose of doing it and understand how to work with it later. Only combine things that simple and understandable to us while ignoring the rest which make things complicated.
    rules made to be followed, not to be broken

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast