Is it right to merge strategies??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 161

Thread: Is it right to merge strategies???

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,488
    Promo (¢)
    2,960
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 9

    Question Is it right to merge strategies???

    I thought of some thing to use more than one strategy at the same time . and finally we have to reach the right point to enter
    whether we used indicators or fundamental analyses . there can be no changes with the right point to enter the market .
    Is it possible ? and what advantages ? disadvantages ???

    Not allowed!

  2. #11
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    12,755
    Promo (¢)
    4,830
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 24
    Quote Originally Posted by touqir View Post
    but indicators and strategies both are different, in single strategy we can use different indicators or many at same time but two different strategies means two different ways of trading. it can be one technical and other is fundamental. so from me i think its not good because when we use different ways at same time they can give us wrong signals and both can be different so we can not determine which one is true at that time
    yes and both are good if we are using multiple indicators or if we are using multiple strategies both are good because in indicators also we can easily make good analysis and if we are using multiple strategies that are also just perfect because in trading its also requirement, if we are technical trading and we do not have knowledge about news we can lose in scalping, so both ways are good if we use in trading it can secure more our trading

    Not allowed!

  3. #12
    Registered user ola4real's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,032
    Promo (¢)
    5,790
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 20
    Quote Originally Posted by naeem555 View Post
    yes and both are good if we are using multiple indicators or if we are using multiple strategies both are good because in indicators also we can easily make good analysis and if we are using multiple strategies that are also just perfect because in trading its also requirement, if we are technical trading and we do not have knowledge about news we can lose in scalping, so both ways are good if we use in trading it can secure more our trading
    I think that merging forex strategies is all about what the trader likes and the particular strategies which the forex traders are trading with. I can not merge any strategy permanently with the price action whom i use for my trading, it will cause conclusion to me. This makes it important to me to be trading forex with a single strategy, i will rather manage that strategy than to add another strategy to it.

    Not allowed!

  4. #13
    Registered user Sascha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Racoon City
    Posts
    3,531
    Promo (¢)
    675
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 55
    Quote Originally Posted by ola4real View Post
    I think that merging forex strategies is all about what the trader likes and the particular strategies which the forex traders are trading with. I can not merge any strategy permanently with the price action whom i use for my trading, it will cause conclusion to me. This makes it important to me to be trading forex with a single strategy, i will rather manage that strategy than to add another strategy to it.
    nothing bad will happen if we want to merge or combine many strategies at once as long as we've understand them and able to use them separately or at the same time. most importantly, doing this won't make us become worse in trading and analyzing because when we feel bothered to do so, we should get back to our old preferable method using one strategy at a time.

    Not allowed!

  5. #14
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,915
    Promo (¢)
    6,870
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 19
    Quote Originally Posted by Sascha View Post
    nothing bad will happen if we want to merge or combine many strategies at once as long as we've understand them and able to use them separately or at the same time. most importantly, doing this won't make us become worse in trading and analyzing because when we feel bothered to do so, we should get back to our old preferable method using one strategy at a time.
    Everyone have its own point of view about this matter but in my opinion we have need to use only one trading strategy. As you know that when we are follow a lot of strategies then we are become confused and comes under stress. That's why I read a lot of articles about this method of trading.where I learn only one thing that best idea we have need to use only one trading strategy to survive in this market for long term and make valid analysis.

    Not allowed!

  6. #15
    Rookie nsawork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    India
    Posts
    961
    Promo (¢)
    233
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 158
    Given: 204
    Quote Originally Posted by Risk management View Post
    Everyone have its own point of view about this matter but in my opinion we have need to use only one trading strategy. As you know that when we are follow a lot of strategies then we are become confused and comes under stress. That's why I read a lot of articles about this method of trading.where I learn only one thing that best idea we have need to use only one trading strategy to survive in this market for long term and make valid analysis.
    When we are trading then we can not only depend on one trading strategy to be successful in this business and we need more than one trading strategies with us. In fact a successful trader is using a minimum of 4 to 5 trading strategies at different times and sometimes using more than two trading strategies in a combination.

    In this way when he uses more than one trading strategy then the validation of the trade is more correct because sometimes trading strategy can fail but it will not happen that two or more trading strategies will fail at the same time.

    Not allowed!

  7. #16
    Registered user
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    6,325
    Promo (¢)
    3,345
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 4
    Before you take into consideration the merging of two strategies, you need to practice well and see the effects it would probably have on the demo account trading before the final decision is made about the merging, if not you are going to take an action that might have a negative consequences and influence on your trading account, this would he very bad.

    Not allowed!

  8. #17
    Registered user Sixteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    12,107
    Promo (¢)
    3,300
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140
    Given: 68
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonvic View Post
    Before you take into consideration the merging of two strategies, you need to practice well and see the effects it would probably have on the demo account trading before the final decision is made about the merging, if not you are going to take an action that might have a negative consequences and influence on your trading account, this would he very bad.
    Merging systems are not new to traders. All traders follow all dimensions to see that they can crave out a working plans that will help their trade. Our system is something we should build on the right means and we must take on the opportunity to build the right trade if we must make profits. Merging strategies is good and as long as it will bring out the best out from our trade, we will likely enjoy lots of successful trading when the time comes in forex business.

    Not allowed!

  9. #18
    Registered user
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    6,325
    Promo (¢)
    3,345
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 4
    You can merge strategies but quite frankly what I think does not matter for you, the business you absolutely broad the many traders have come up with ideas that might not make sense for the next person, but that is the exact thing they would need to become professionals some day, just follow your heart and choose what you are okay with.

    Not allowed!

  10. #19
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    12,755
    Promo (¢)
    4,830
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 24
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonvic View Post
    You can merge strategies but quite frankly what I think does not matter for you, the business you absolutely broad the many traders have come up with ideas that might not make sense for the next person, but that is the exact thing they would need to become professionals some day, just follow your heart and choose what you are okay with.
    following heart is another way of greed because most of time everyone is greedy so some can control and some can not so if we follow heart it can have big wishes and we can lose big with that, we should avoid it and try to trade properly with some reasonable strategies, we should never trade on it we should trade always base on experience it can be reasoned trade without reason we should not trade here and should wait just

    Not allowed!

  11. #20
    Registered user juniorpeters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    4,425
    Promo (¢)
    2,230
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 42
    i think its wise to use more than one strategy to trade the market so that your signals will be strong and turn out to be successful trades.there is what they call it confluence trading filtering trades in other to get the best trades from the market,if you use just one strategy then its gonna be difficult to make profitable trades so better get another strategy that will be supportive to the one you have at hand already.

    Not allowed!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •