Nadezhda84 - Trading Journal - Page 2
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Nadezhda84 - Trading Journal

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 118

Cool Nadezhda84 - Trading Journal

The strategy involves reliable long-term trading using daily indicators, fundamental factors, and hedging.

The trading process is largely manual; maybe with an expert advisor to close certain tight trades.

My anticipated trading intensity is 1-2 orders per day. My anticipated income is 8-10% of the deposit per month. Acceptable drawdown levels are up to 20%.

Not allowed!
    Last edited by nadezhda84; 11-12-2018 at 04:15 PM.

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    I see an interesting movement in CAD-JPY. The price was above 86 during most of the day, but now it went to its previous Asian levels currently reaching 85.82. There is a good chance that I will have my buy limit worked out relatively soon. The swat for this order is positive, so I am about to keep it until TP.

In EUR-USD, a modest retracement occurred, till 1.1276. I continue keeping my yesterday's buy, just as scheduled.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 121
    Given: 24
    Quote Originally Posted by nadezhda84 View Post
    I see an interesting movement in CAD-JPY. The price was above 86 during most of the day, but now it went to its previous Asian levels currently reaching 85.82. There is a good chance that I will have my buy limit worked out relatively soon. The swat for this order is positive, so I am about to keep it until TP.

In EUR-USD, a modest retracement occurred, till 1.1276. I continue keeping my yesterday's buy, just as scheduled.
    yes both are up and if we see the eurusd on daily candle we can easily understand it can go up just news can give us some reason to sell otherwise its on buy mode now, i already got 30-35 pips from eurusd today actually opened late night order and closed early morning, so that is good for me and currently bought gbpusd

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    AUD-NZD happily travels down. I made a very nice buy order at 1.063 with an anticipated TP around 1.08.

CAD-JPY is modestly jumping up and down around 86. I would buy at any substantial movement down.

EUR-USD seems to head up bounding from 1.123. Today's maximum is above 1.131. I am confident to have my Monday's buy profitably closed. Possibly, on Friday. Otherwise, next week.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 19
    Yesterday and today total market circumstance is peculiar. It seems to me Range Bounding market. So, we have to check daily extreme high and extremely low and open trade following that. I see gold, AUSUSD, USDCHF etc. all pair bounce in an area. But I expect USD will be more powerful. ECB not so far to release and this report always disfavors EUR. So, we should go for a short trade.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    People almost convinced me with difficult perspectives of EUR-USD. I recently closed my buy order from Monday, fixing thereby some modest profit and set a new buy limit order at 1.122. I still keep my older buys for EUR.

AUD-NZD still keeps fluctuating around 1.062. I will wait for a due retracement.

Other pairs do not give good entry signals thus far. Let's be patient.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    As it has been revealed, it was wrong to close EUR-USD buy. The price went up during the night, as it was actually expected. Of course, I continue to keep other buys in this pair.

AUD-NZD moved up very favorably and brought the pending profit. I will close at 1.078.

This week on Forex is not mine. I closed EUR-AUD and EUR-NZD sell orders too early and missed huge profits. The lesson has to be learnt.

In turn, I have no new entry signals and, thus, I have only three instruments closely monitored. EUR-USD is a net buy position, with a small amount of money invested. AUD-NZD is also a buy position with an expectation that it will go up during the next month.

Not allowed!
    Last edited by Gamer; 12-11-2018 at 09:07 PM. Reason: back to back

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140
    Given: 68
    Quote Originally Posted by nadezhda84 View Post
    This week on Forex is not mine. I closed EUR-AUD and EUR-NZD sell orders too early and missed huge profits. The lesson has to be learnt.

In turn, I have no new entry signals and, thus, I have only three instruments closely monitored. EUR-USD is a net buy position, with a small amount of money invested. AUD-NZD is also a buy position with an expectation that it will go up during the next month.
    So sorry you hurriedly went out of the market in forex and find yourself loose a big opportunity to make huge profits. We sometimes find ourselves in this situation where emotions comes along and kills up our patience in trading. I hope you find more profitable setups soon which you could follow and look to enjoy more profitability in forex. Meanwhile from your copyfx signature I see no trading activities going in there just only deposit. Why are you not trading it?.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 0
    I see that your strategy includes hedging, that is actually one of the most controversial trading strategies that is being discussed online anywhere we see forex traders gather, the fact that you are good at hedging means you must have done adequate practice before now, I think you should stick with money management so that your plans will not be aborted at any point prematurely, this is a common problem with most traders.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixteen View Post
    Meanwhile from your copyfx signature I see no trading activities going in there just only deposit. Why are you not trading it?.

I do trade CopyFX, but no pending orders were activated thus far. I keep monitoring a big set of currency pairs, but the market is not in the right place for my strategy to work. My journal largely refers to my older Roboforex account. This week is very quiet compared to the previous ones. I made just 2 trades. Normally, I have more trades, from 60 to 80 per month, therefore, more than 10 trades per week.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehis View Post
    I see that your strategy includes hedging, that is actually one of the most controversial trading strategies that is being discussed online anywhere we see forex traders gather, the fact that you are good at hedging means you must have done adequate practice before now, I think you should stick with money management so that your plans will not be aborted at any point prematurely, this is a common problem with most traders.

I have an exactly opposite problem with money management... I trade too little. I trade a way less than it is already safe. For instance, now my margin to my free margin ratio is close to 163. It is very small and, therefore, very safe, but I miss profit due to this as well. Even if the price moves 10% against me, I will still be in game (assuming I did not place the stop-loss). This comes from my strategy that allows me to buy only at specific states of the market. My monthly profit is ~8%.

Not allowed!

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast