Larry Williams - champion of futures` Olympiad

Thread: Larry Williams - champion of futures` Olympiad

Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 13

Larry Williams - champion of futures` Olympiad

The Figure

The figure of birth 1942 although knowns more as trader in the stock and futures market Larry Williams footsteps provide valuable contribution to traders in all market including in forex. he has graduated from university of oregon department of journalism, he is the man who wrestle trading very seriously for a long time. As a trader he has also experienced the same difficulties felt by most traders. he also experienced failure due to the influence of the market prices that moves very dynamically. but one thing you can learn is that he has a type of people of never giving up before bringing a big profits.

larry williams.jpg

Career, Achievement and Contribution

Larry williams start trading in the stock market early 1960's then he knows and trade on commodity market was introduced by a friend. in commodity market use a same capital but the return obtained could be larger and then in commodity trading he has successes to making large money than stock trading.

in 1987, Larry Williams followed trading world championship program at Robbins World Cup Championship organized by Robbins Trading Company. and it came out as the winner after 12 months he able to change $10.000 to became $1.1 million.

not only trading he can doing but as trader he also able as a maker of various indicator among them is William%, the COT indices, Accumulation/Distribution indicator,

Advice for beginners and Point of view by Larry Williams

Like running a marathon, start slowly. provide time and sufficient funds for study and practice. The cost to learn will very cheap compared to the experience and knowledge that you will gain in this business. When trading, you feel if anything goes wrong, immediately cut-loss, but let your profits ' ran ', you must have a target. "he said.
    Further Williams again, "Never in the past a certain time I fall awake in trading. Almost all of the traders I know have achieve success and move on quickly. " How he confronts those moments? "Running," Williams replied.

the view of Larry Williams about trading business? "My passion in this business is always thinking ahead. Most people think about the current state, but traders should think about whether there will be rain 6 months from now? Whether a war will occur 10 months from now? Whether there will be famine 2 years from now? Might be a good fit for me. I'm living in the future, "he said. But, "trading is very vulnerable with emotion. You should be able to get used to not be emotional when trading, or you will experience mental pressure constantly.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

Method trading By Larry Williams

Advice Strategy method

most traders want to know how Larry Williams can be a successfully trader and how his trade with his specific strategy but unfortunately we can not find on his book, but we can try method by Larry Williams way of working to deepen research and maybe some of Larry's methods it will can help us to optimize the results obtained. this is what he has done in the commodity market.

at the below is Some of Larry Williams's trading strategies that can be a reference to learn.

1. Follow 'commercial' because it is 'smart money' in the commercial market
    2. Open interest is a major part of trading techniques for Larry. Theory Larry said that Commercials represented open interest. If open interest increases, this is a sign of a bearish occurrence in the market. A decline in open interest indicates a bullish by commercial. Larry focused on the producers side of the market with this opinion
    3. Trade on the trend side. Use an average movement of 10 weeks to find the trends. If the trend is directed upwards, you only need to trade on the long side. Meanwhile if that it point downwards, you should only trade on the short side

about indicator he use WILLIAM% which he made himself, the principle of this indicator is very simple we only buy when the market is oversold and sell when overbought.

Money management advice by Larry Williams

Money management is an important thing in this business most of trader use this and proper management it will make us win in this market, so at the below is the advice by Larry Williams about money management.

1. Don't invest more than 30% of your equity. Meanwhile, new traders should not invest more than 20% of equity
    2. Do not make transactions on more than 6 exchanges at the same time
    3. When you feel you have nothing to lose, this is the time when you might experience the biggest loss
    4. You may not experience losses of more than 5% of your capital in each transaction

the above can be a trading reference for us to increase our knowledge, and also the most important thing in the world of trading business is the mindset. Larry said." trading is very vulnerable to emotions. You should be able to get used to not being emotional when trading, or you will experience mental stress continuously".
    if we can not control our mindset we will easy to carry away by emotion then it will hard for us to make a profit.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 4
    Larry William is one favorite person of the traders. What do you ever hearing about Larry Williams Formula in trading. if you know about Larry Williams Trading Method, can you to talk to us about it?

Not allowed!
    :blush:Trend is Friend of The Fighter

Thumbs Up
    kie202, my favorite books is "LONG TERM SECRETS TO SHORT TERM TRADING" and "TRADE STOCK AND COMMODITIES WITH THE INSIDER" i have the both but to review it there is quite a lot to write about it, and indeed I did not write everything what i have know in here especially from book "TRADE STOCK AND COMMODITIES WITH THE INSIDER" in this book you will know a big participant "COMMERCIAL TRADER AND NON COMMERCIAL TRADER" in this book you can learn how to read a data COT. he's a pretty interesting person he is the "contextual trader" who use a combination of technical and fundamental analysis..

Not allowed!
    Last edited by Batavia; 11-25-2018 at 01:28 PM.