An interesting discussing on how, and why the prices move? And whats the role of news figures?
Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: An interesting discussing on how, and why the prices move? And whats the role of news figures?

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

An interesting discussing on how, and why the prices move? And whats the role of news figures?

I was actually just wondering what actually is moving the prices of a currency pair. The prices seem to be struggling for several hours to break out from a narrow range of 15 pips, and then suddenly they get the strength to move a 100 pips in few mins. Can you please share with me what actually is moving the prices or who actually is moving the prices?

Some say it to be the demand and supply But sometimes the prices go to what we call "extremes", when everybody expects it to bounce back. Who is buying or selling at such extreme levels of prices to make it still go the same direction.

Can anyone please tell me how much buying or selling is needed to move up or bring down a currency pair by 100 pips. For instance if I want to push up EURUSD by 100 pips how many lots I need to buy?

Further during news too, still the law of demand or supply holds good? Or it is just the news figures that move the prices and make them so volatile?

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 87
    silentsaumya, well, the market movement is complex and then we just can't determine what makes the market move and the I will say that we need to forget about what makes the market move and then work on having a good trading strategy that we will make use of when trading. News causes the movement and then the market big players bank on those news to make the decisions on the market.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 6
    yes in short period market make 100 or more also after a high impact news. i don't have enough idea but you can say whenever in central market some new prices updated may be for filling that difference market can move quick. otherwise news directly effect the economy so market also can make a quick move. in session market move quick just

Not allowed!

Trader
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 20
    These are the part of questions smart upcoming traders ask because you really want to know what pushed the price up and down. Technically we always say that its the means of supply and demand which is 100 percent right. For those extreme rises and fall, it's still the process of supply and demand too but this comes as a result of events that tends to occurs. In the stock market for example, once a negative news comes out from a company whose stocks are publicly traded, what do you think will happen?. The investors will start pulling out faster as expected due to fear of not facing more loss, this technically means the need for supply to sell off those stocks to be high than the demand of those stocks which automatically crashes prices. This same thing happens in forex and those news release that comes in a positive or negative way will show if there will be a huge demand or more supply than demanded.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 68
    Quote Originally Posted by touqir View Post
    yes in short period market make 100 or more also after a high impact news. i don't have enough idea but you can say whenever in central market some new prices updated may be for filling that difference market can move quick. otherwise news directly effect the economy so market also can make a quick move. in session market move quick just
    If we want to earn then we have to learn. There is no two ways about that. The news will move the market and there after we see the reason why the news has movement the market. We see it on the chart. Knowing this alone, we can have good winning rate in the market. Traders that uses the higher time frame in trading will have an equal higher successful approach in the business. Trading needs time, use the time frame, the candle stick to know the movement, just make your trading simple,that is all.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonycee View Post
    These are the part of questions smart upcoming traders ask because you really want to know what pushed the price up and down. Technically we always say that its the means of supply and demand which is 100 percent right. For those extreme rises and fall, it's still the process of supply and demand too but this comes as a result of events that tends to occurs.
    You have written a nice post explaining the thing, that I think the thread writer wanted to know. Behind the price movement I do think the institutional traders have a big hand, because many times I do get surprised as to think, who the hell could be selling when the prices are already so low, to bring it to new lows and vice versa (Of course if I am in floating losses).

Not allowed!

Trader
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 121
    Given: 24
    i think you were trading on gbp pairs, actually in last some days gbp movement was different and actually UK was in meeting of EU for brexit. so that is reason gbpusd and other pairs were down but after end of the meeting it is going down now, so it was risky and really complicated because it crossed the support and still back in point

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by silentsaumya View Post
    I was actually just wondering what actually is moving the prices of a currency pair. The prices seem to be struggling for several hours to break out from a narrow range of 15 pips, and then suddenly they get the strength to move a 100 pips in few mins. Can you please share with me what actually is moving the prices or who actually is moving the prices?

Some say it to be the demand and supply But sometimes the prices go to what we call "extremes", when everybody expects it to bounce back. Who is buying or selling at such extreme levels of prices to make it still go the same direction.

Can anyone please tell me how much buying or selling is needed to move up or bring down a currency pair by 100 pips. For instance if I want to push up EURUSD by 100 pips how many lots I need to buy?

Further during news too, still the law of demand or supply holds good? Or it is just the news figures that move the prices and make them so volatile?
    which moves the market are Banks, Government Agencies and Financial Institutions, indeed we cannot ascertain the direction of market movements, but we can only analyze the market, which makes us sure to open positions, because we cannot ascertain the direction of market movements, so in every transaction we must always use stop loss, as a way to anticipate all losses in trading in the sense of minimizing the risk of loss,

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 4
    These are very interesting questions because something that I have asked myself is what could be responsible for some sudden movement that takes price away from what it was doing before, and even then there would be no news announcements that caused it, I came up with a conclusion that there is so much manipulation that is happening in this market, each trader has to be cautious especially with risks management, it has to be the ultimate value we need.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 68
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonvic View Post
    These are very interesting questions because something that I have asked myself is what could be responsible for some sudden movement that takes price away from what it was doing before, and even then there would be no news announcements that caused it, I came up with a conclusion that there is so much manipulation that is happening in this market, each trader has to be cautious especially with risks management, it has to be the ultimate value we need.
    I no longer ask those questions because I know one thing is for sure, which is that I just need to know how to make use of the chart and make my analysis as good analysis is all what a trader needs to be able to become profitable in the market. Knowledge about the candle stick movement from my perception will help so much in giving the trader the actual market movement knowledge.

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast