An interesting discussing on how, and why the prices move? And whats the role of news figures? - Page 23
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: An interesting discussing on how, and why the prices move? And whats the role of news figures?

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

An interesting discussing on how, and why the prices move? And whats the role of news figures?

I was actually just wondering what actually is moving the prices of a currency pair. The prices seem to be struggling for several hours to break out from a narrow range of 15 pips, and then suddenly they get the strength to move a 100 pips in few mins. Can you please share with me what actually is moving the prices or who actually is moving the prices?

Some say it to be the demand and supply But sometimes the prices go to what we call "extremes", when everybody expects it to bounce back. Who is buying or selling at such extreme levels of prices to make it still go the same direction.

Can anyone please tell me how much buying or selling is needed to move up or bring down a currency pair by 100 pips. For instance if I want to push up EURUSD by 100 pips how many lots I need to buy?

Further during news too, still the law of demand or supply holds good? Or it is just the news figures that move the prices and make them so volatile?

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 1
    Market will move whether you trade or not, the real people that are responsible for moving the market are quite few, what you and me are doing is just to follow the directions that we have assumed price to be going. News cannot be ruled out when considering things that move the market at each point, but the significance of news are very obvious if they come when we are in the market.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 6
    All financial books explain the market movement because of existing market makers and liquidity providers like Goldman Sachs. They are selling and buying at the same time and if they have large disbalances so they move the market to direction and try to liquidate disbalance. It is one of the main reasons why market makes sharp movements sometimes.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 22
    If you compare the forex market to the natural conventional market where trading activities of buying and selling do take place daily then you will understand why and how the forex market is moving up and down each day.Forex is just like the normal market where we do a lot of trading activities and so many reasons abound for the movement of the market some as the bargaining power of the buyers and the sellers and so many things like that.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 130
    There are a whole lot of things that we can put our hands on which has been the reason why I think the market moves and all that, but, even if we get to know about all those things and then we don't get to understand the strategy that we are to make use of when trading, then it will be hard, we need to come up with a good trading strategy, be consistent and also be disciplined towards using just one strategy.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 15
    as traders, we need to know some reasons behind the market movements, and this become the foundation for us to continue the analysis till we get the conclusion whether to set the position or still wait for the right timing, in this case, as a trader with technical analysis, we can not feel enough to analyze the chart only, but need to see some aspects to understand the market movements then we know to determine the position at the market
    in this part, i complete my analysis with fundamental analysis besides the technical analysis, where the news become the main reasons for market movements besides supply and demand

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 158
    Given: 236
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.big View Post
    as traders, we need to know some reasons behind the market movements,
    I will say that it is not necessary trying to know the reason why the market moves at all times, what I think we ought to know is that we ought to know the strategy we are making use of, therein getting to know when it will be right to buy and sell, knowing the strategy we are making use of will help us take good trades and then help us not to be the kind of trader that gets so much frustrated with the market.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 114
    Quote Originally Posted by cutiekc View Post
    I will say that it is not necessary trying to know the reason why the market moves at all times, what I think we ought to know is that we ought to know the strategy we are making use of, therein getting to know when it will be right to buy and sell, knowing the strategy we are making use of will help us take good trades and then help us not to be the kind of trader that gets so much frustrated with the market.
    I think knowing why should be able to help the trader with the decisions they make. Like knowing that the market will move because of the news, that could give some traders the right idea about how they can make use of the news in trading the market and even being profitable at that. Therefore that is the way I see the market.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 9
    Quote Originally Posted by cutiekc View Post
    You are right we need not bother of the reasons what we should bother is to find out a good chart set up. When we find the right chart setup we can proceed to trade, our old trades shows us how to get better with analysis. Our old trading gives us experience and this definitely helps us to trade with better strategies and ways. We should trade only when there is clarity in the market and stay away when we find that noise and confusion is more.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 68
    Quote Originally Posted by MIGHTYRAMESH View Post
    You are right we need not bother of the reasons what we should bother is to find out a good chart set up. When we find the right chart setup we can proceed to trade, our old trades shows us how to get better with analysis. Our old trading gives us experience and this definitely helps us to trade with better strategies and ways. We should trade only when there is clarity in the market and stay away when we find that noise and confusion is more.
    I think it is a good thing not to try to know the whole reason why the market moves and all that, but the trader should learn and know the main way by which they can trade the market. Understanding methods of how to make analysis, that is the important thing, simple factors as the support and resistance levels, knowing those things can improve how a trader handles the market.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
    I think it is a good thing not to try to know the whole reason why the market moves and all that, but the trader should learn and know the main way by which they can trade the market. Understanding methods of how to make analysis, that is the important thing, simple factors as the support and resistance levels, knowing those things can improve how a trader handles the market.
    I agree with you. It is the work of analytics to understand and explain why market moves. Real and good trader should not bother with such thoughts but to trade what he sees and where he can earn profit. Markets are irrational and nobody will understand why market moves. Only later there are articles in newspapers explaining that market has moved because of....

Not allowed!

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast