Trading with Gap (up side gap) - Page 3
Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Trading with Gap (up side gap)

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 11

Trading with Gap (up side gap)

What makes this pattern special is that generally a Gap Up may mean bullish strength especially if the first bar of the day was also a strong bull bar. But if you notice it had a tail on top and also failed to get any follow through. Furthermore it was a Bear Trendline breakout failure and reversed down as expected. The Bulls still held on to the hope of a Bull Trend day and bought the pullback test of the Gap. When that failed resulting in a lower high, the cause of the bulls was lost and the market turned into a trend from open Bear Trend Day.

• Market gaped up on the open but could not hold higher levels.
    • Bulls bought on a what they thought was a pullback on a gap open day.
    • The market then formed a lower high and reversed down in a failed breakout.
    • For those who missed out there was a second entry short at the EMA in the from of a bear flag.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 15
    Trading gaps in the forex market is often a very tricky thing, this is because most traders expect price to reverse and fil gap and yet when this happens the chances of making a higher high for gap up or lower low for gap down is also usually slim and in the end it may result in price trending the other way. So I have learned to look beyond gaps when tradig and simply follow market trends itself and follow price in whichever direction it goes

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 22
    The market can gap up or down as the case may be depending on the kind of news that is received by the market when it opens for the new week. I have seen some gap that does not get filed up in the same week and there are some that do get filled up the same day .One thing that we must always be very conscious about the forex is that there is nothing that is every guaranteed in the market and this is the reason we must have to be very careful at all time about the beliefs that we hold about the market.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0
    Gaping is common on the chart during the resumption to trade on the Sunday evening after short brake on Friday as weekend break for all traders, when gaping occurs it is common to trade the opposite side o the gap though not all the time , so trader must be careful in trading it.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 184
    Quote Originally Posted by abhil View Post
    Market gaped up on the open but could not hold higher levels.
    Bulls bought on a what they thought was a pullback on a gap open day.
    The market then formed a lower high and reversed down in a failed breakout.
    For those who missed out there was a second entry short at the EMA in the from of a bear flag.
    Where is the target point located in this case? Sometimes I take the opportunity to trade in the gap with this method, but your method is clearer and well planned, but I don't know about the target point of your strategy, usually I only take the opportunity to make a profit from the gap with the target point at the closing price on the previous market day. Here I see you doing it differently, and expect a sustained reversal past the closing price level of the previous day.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 2
    Honestly, this thread is a good example of gap trading and I really love what this trader share here, so it is left for me to gain the knowledge here or fail and keep doing what I believe will be right for me to succeed in gap markets, actually is not really safer for me to always be in gap market of course in most times the market can't fill up the gap in that traders can easily loss in the market, a good experience is what I do need to succeed in any trading methods.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 41
    Unfortunately today market is not open with gap which is really bad thing for me because I think to apply your trading strategy which is seems very useful for us but Today market is open those price in which its close on Friday. So this week I miss to trade with gap but hope that next week market is must open with some gap and I apply this strategy on this market.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 30
    This is very nice trading pattern in which we are follow the forex market trend with gap trading strategy. I think when market is open with bullish trend then its means now the market trend is bearish and your this thread is explain that how much easy for traders to earn money. In this chart we can see market gap is bullish and then market is start move with bearish trend.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 4
    There is no guarantee in this market. We always have two ways in the market, it's important for us to manage our risk and money in the market and be very careful naturally. Gap can be fill back and the same time not fill back rather continuously moving forward, that is what forex market seems to be, it is left for traders to have good analysis before any entry.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by coolless View Post
    Honestly, this thread is a good example of gap trading and I really love what this trader share here, so it is left for me to gain the knowledge here or fail and keep doing what I believe will be right for me to succeed in gap markets, actually is not really safer for me to always be in gap market of course in most times the market can't fill up the gap in that traders can easily loss in the market, a good experience is what I do need to succeed in any trading methods.
    Market gap is up and down when the news time come in the Forex business.many traders believe that trading with gap is good and profitable you can earn money by trading with gap.some market gap cannot be recovered in the same week.Trading with gap in the forex business is very technical thing.simply follow the direction in which market goes after the news it would be profitable.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5
    Gap is something that must occur in the market always because there will always be some market activities that should take place over the weekend. But that is not the problem, the real issue here is to know how to trade gap market each time it does occur in the market.it is not a must that the gap must be filled each time there is one in the market because the forex market does not respond the same way all the time.

Not allowed!

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast