Unealistic Expectations - Page 2
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Unealistic Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by ara View Post
    Well, I also laughed in my heart when I saw someone in the social media group sharing those plan. I don't want to give a lot of comments to him or those who do crazy things like this, I just laugh at myself because I also did this crazy things in the past, I tried to do this crazy thing many times until I was frustrated because I never reached the final target .
    that is the result of being unrealistic in this life, it makes no sense and funny if we think about them slowly. my only worse expectation was to predict market news in random by only reading the data without reading the whole contents of the news. not so bad but really damaged my trading to stop out. well that is one of my bad thing i have done in my past so let us cheer each other and wish we can get better.

I really love your thread because you have been able to pinpoint the wrong mindset most traders have when it comes to drawing plan of what to earn in trading over some period of time . Their expectations are unreasonably too high because they never consider the fact that some months may even end up in loss. Most traders are guilty of this when their expectations are put on paper over what they hope to achieve within specified period of times .

unrealistic expectation is when you try making millions of dollar within a very short space of time.trading the market and making profit is not easy and have never been easy so whatever you do you should take things slow and don't try getting rich quick because it will cost you more trading account and make you struggle very long as a trader so be realistic and set a goal you truly believe you can achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by juniorpeters View Post
    unrealistic expectation is when you try making millions of dollar within a very short space of time.trading the market and making profit is not easy and have never been easy so whatever you do you should take things slow and don't try getting rich quick because it will cost you more trading account and make you struggle very long as a trader so be realistic and set a goal you truly believe you can achieve.
    THat's right,having expectations is not wrong, even it is good to boost our enthusiasm in learning and learn again to become a better trader day by day, but having unrealistic espectations is a boomerang for traders, this will trigger to do something as aggressive as written in the image that was attached by me in this thread, such a plan was very, very difficult and almost impossible.

Trading goals could be so beautiful like this on paper but when it comes to achieving it like that exactly as it shows on paper , there is a great problem because certain factors are always neglected when drawing such a goals. In the first place , it is not every month that a trader will record profit , some month may bring a trader to profits while others may bring him to break even or loss. Having a drawdown in trading is a reality that we cannot run away from but I have never seen that being factored in when drawing trading goals

Trader
    These unrealistic expectations are like cankerworms eating deeply the traders mind and making them see themselves become rich even without having the very desired knowledge about this forex market. With this high level of expectations comes quick frustrations when they realize that the market is not dancing to their tune of huge money. I think traders must seek knowledge and avoid any expectations that won't go well in our project of trade.

making a consistent profit is really a very difficult task to achieve and trying to get that done without having a good knowledge about the market and discipline will make it more difficult.most traders expect so much from the market using a very small fund,even if the goal is targeted to be achieved in the next ten years,traders are naturally greedy at some point they will want to get it done quickly,only few can bring this to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonycee View Post
    These unrealistic expectations are like cankerworms eating deeply the traders mind and making them see themselves become rich even without having the very desired knowledge about this forex market. With this high level of expectations comes quick frustrations when they realize that the market is not dancing to their tune of huge money. I think traders must seek knowledge and avoid any expectations that won't go well in our project of trade.
    You said it all and for the very fact that traders will always be looking to hit it big in forex, the expectations always come as a huge dream to achieve. I believe it's good to dream big but some expectations can be unimaginable and that's the kind of success we expect to see in forex quicky. If we are not making plans to lean on how to manage our system and minimize loss, then we should manage our decision and see risk can be well managed.

Quote Originally Posted by ara View Post
    THat's right,having expectations is not wrong, even it is good to boost our enthusiasm in learning and learn again to become a better trader day by day, but having unrealistic espectations is a boomerang for traders, this will trigger to do something as aggressive as written in the image that was attached by me in this thread, such a plan was very, very difficult and almost impossible.
    I learned the hard way, I used to be among those traders that thinks that we can make really huge amount of money and all that. But then, I kept on hoping for monthly targets and earnings in the market, which never happened but only got me losses. Therefore I think, the best thing I did was to stop expecting money and then started looking for good opportunities as well.

I have always known that it is a wrong move when a trader think about making money every month from the market. Because that will not work that way, the best way a trader can trade and then earn money from the market is to basically have the good trading skills and then they should understand that, though they might have one of the best trading strategy, but sometimes they will not earn a dime.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast