How to close part lotsize of trading position
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to close part lotsize of trading position

Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 184

How to close part lotsize of trading position

Hi, I will share about how to close part lotsize of trading position. Maybe some of you don't know about this yet. Therefore I try to share it. This is only for mt4 computer version, I don't know if this can be done in mt4 mobile phone version because I don't trade in mobile phone version.

Okay, I can't say much in this case because maybe a lot of my writing would be difficult to be understood. But I hope you get the points.

For example, I have a buy position 0.05 lot size, then I will close 0.02 lot size. Then the way is as below:

1. Right click on trading position, you can do this through the chart or through the terminal
    - Through the chart
    Right clik and select "modify"

- Through the terminal
    Right click and select "modify or delete order"

2. Choose Type: "instant execution"

3. Choose VOlume : "0.02" and then Click "close" button

4. Done, now the position is only 0.3 lotsize left

Hopefully this tutorial can be useful for beginners.

Best of luck guys...., Keep trading for crying...,,, oops sorry, I mean,,, trading for a living...

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 48
    thanks for sharing these informations and it will be helpful for many traders that want to know how to close a part of the lot and so they can follow this method to close the part of lot size, the trader will find that closing of a part of the position is simple and easy to do and so he can do this quickly and easily anytime the trader wants.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 8
    It's super useful to beginner, and I must say that most traders who have being on the market for some time now still don't no how this was done until now that you have explained it in details thanks very much I will have this in mind anytime am in profit and need to close part of the profit cause I wasn't even aware of this until today the breakeven was the only option I was familiar with before.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 3
    I already know how to close partial order and I use it a lot but I still need a feature that will help me close partial order with takeprofit or stop loss, I would love it, if I could let the take profit to close some of my trade at a particular price and also close the rest at another price automatically. If anyone has an EA that could do this, please let me know and if there isn't, then I would love the feature to be on mt4.

Not allowed!
    Always have realistic DREAMS!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 4
    Well thanks for your efforts because this is not know by most traders, so this thread have given us the opportunity for us to know that it is possible to close part of the lot size which we make use. However i believe it will be very helpful for those of us that really makes use of big lot size in the market can have the opportunity of closing part of the lot size in their trade.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 184
    Quote Originally Posted by sameeh View Post
    thanks for sharing these informations and it will be helpful for many traders that want to know how to close a part of the lot and so they can follow this method to close the part of lot size, the trader will find that closing of a part of the position is simple and easy to do and so he can do this quickly and easily anytime the trader wants.
    you're welcome mate, this is very simple and easy indeed, but I don't know how to do that on smartphone version, if anyone here know how to do that then please share on here...

Quote Originally Posted by davido View Post
    It's super useful to beginner, and I must say that most traders who have being on the market for some time now still don't no how this was done until now that you have explained it in details thanks very much I will have this in mind anytime am in profit and need to close part of the profit cause I wasn't even aware of this until today the breakeven was the only option I was familiar with before.
    I also know about this after I've 2 years of experience in forex trading.

Quote Originally Posted by musiliu View Post
    I already know how to close partial order and I use it a lot but I still need a feature that will help me close partial order with takeprofit or stop loss, I would love it, if I could let the take profit to close some of my trade at a particular price and also close the rest at another price automatically. If anyone has an EA that could do this, please let me know and if there isn't, then I would love the feature to be on mt4.
    Unfortunately I don't know how to do that, and I think there are still no such features in MT4. But this will be possible to be done with the help of EA. By the way, I was learning coding, I hope one day I can make this kind of EA.

Quote Originally Posted by kebikemor View Post
    Well thanks for your efforts because this is not know by most traders, so this thread have given us the opportunity for us to know that it is possible to close part of the lot size which we make use. However i believe it will be very helpful for those of us that really makes use of big lot size in the market can have the opportunity of closing part of the lot size in their trade.
    Yes I think so, many traders don't know yet about this.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    you have mention the correct information or you can do is double click on price then the section will open like you give the image and then the further process is as same as you mention . and yes this technique is very much for to make a stretchy like alots of trade who face the loss so he close the trade in the break even so in that case they use this type of techniques :)

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    However most of us don't know this, we don't know that is possible to close part of lotsize in our open order, honestly you are share a useful information here. Well i don't think i close part of my lot size in my trade of course i have to fix my mind in trading the market, any lot size that i make use was by mistake it was calculated properly to know how much i can loss and gain.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 8
    It's a good move to close profit in half and still have the trade running in half until it hit take profit even if it reverse I believe you won't lose any money because you already close the trade in some profit before, this is a very good move I try it recently in one of my account and it's work very well but it's not necessary that I use this option anytime am in profit.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by davido View Post
    i think this type of method can only be done when trader are in huge loss and they have to make break even tp so it closed portion on the lot size in the break eveen and remaining one lot would be his profit how ever i have seem many trader who don't know about this portion cuting on the lot so this thread will be great and informative for them :)

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast