How to close part lotsize of trading position - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to close part lotsize of trading position

Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 184

How to close part lotsize of trading position

Hi, I will share about how to close part lotsize of trading position. Maybe some of you don't know about this yet. Therefore I try to share it. This is only for mt4 computer version, I don't know if this can be done in mt4 mobile phone version because I don't trade in mobile phone version.

Okay, I can't say much in this case because maybe a lot of my writing would be difficult to be understood. But I hope you get the points.

For example, I have a buy position 0.05 lot size, then I will close 0.02 lot size. Then the way is as below:

1. Right click on trading position, you can do this through the chart or through the terminal
    - Through the chart
    Right clik and select "modify"

- Through the terminal
    Right click and select "modify or delete order"

2. Choose Type: "instant execution"

3. Choose VOlume : "0.02" and then Click "close" button

4. Done, now the position is only 0.3 lotsize left

Hopefully this tutorial can be useful for beginners.

Best of luck guys...., Keep trading for crying...,,, oops sorry, I mean,,, trading for a living...

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Absolutely wonderful, haven't really heard of this before until now. Being able to close an order partially an take home a portion of your profit while accruing more is a nice concept.
    However, one thing I have always thought of doing is being able to close an order automatically before the take profit mark is reached.
    Like being able to set an alternative take profit price just in case the market price does not get to the set tp in order to prevent reversal.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 48
    closing of a part from the trading lot is common and many traders around the world uses it, this maybe because they reach the first target or to decrease the loses and hope the rest of the open position can recover the loses, these infirmations can help the traders to know how to close the part of trading because many traders want to know that.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 28
    Quote Originally Posted by sameeh View Post
    closing of a part from the trading lot is common and many traders around the world uses it, this maybe because they reach the first target or to decrease the loses and hope the rest of the open position can recover the loses, these infirmations can help the traders to know how to close the part of trading because many traders want to know that.

this is called the recovery account, so that it can have what space is done in the future but all of that we have to really know what we are doing. if we don't know it correctly it might even damage our account. is it like that, sir? whether martyle and headging are also included in this, if wrong corrected

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 30
    It s very useful even for the beginners and the old traders . I see that if I`m going to trade partially I can open more than one trade from the same point and then I can close any of them or all . If I want to let the market get me more profit or even try to size my profits or losses . this can be possible by more than one way

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by hosny55 View Post
    It s very useful even for the beginners and the old traders . I see that if I`m going to trade partially I can open more than one trade from the same point and then I can close any of them or all . If I want to let the market get me more profit or even try to size my profits or losses . this can be possible by more than one way

yes, but we also have to pay attention to the risks and rewards together, and also we have to calculate the margin that has been used, and will be used, if it is wrong to divide our margin. Yes, we will know for ourselves what will happen next. It would be better if we first understand the previous positions, before deciding or closing new or old positions. Our choice of where to set our account

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by ctting View Post
    yes, but we also have to pay attention to the risks and rewards together, and also we have to calculate the margin that has been used, and will be used, if it is wrong to divide our margin. Yes, we will know for ourselves what will happen next. It would be better if we first understand the previous positions, before deciding or closing new or old positions. Our choice of where to set our account
    I do agree with you bro , and hope to be able to have such money mangement which can enable the trader to calculate the margin in case of loss or in case of profit ., but I know later the closing partially of the current trade may due to the mistakes made at first when openinig the trade thus there is no problem from making such details about the trading and arranging the trading with good regard to the lot size

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by hosny55 View Post
    I do agree with you bro , and hope to be able to have such money mangement which can enable the trader to calculate the margin in case of loss or in case of profit ., but I know later the closing partially of the current trade may due to the mistakes made at first when openinig the trade thus there is no problem from making such details about the trading and arranging the trading with good regard to the lot size
    one more bro, the use of lots and money management is part of the thing for us to survive in the cruelty of the market, because the forms of human success vary, without a clear review of the material how much is needed to be said to be successful.
    so keep learning together and always support and enjoy what's already there while trying to splatter hope to be better, greetings of success

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    the money management is very good and vital for the traders . see that a trader who trade with smallest lot size this means that there may not be a use to use stop loss any more , for many reasons we can see that the price of course will move to give us a good movement to the target we have . and this of course protect us of the losses

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 12
    It's very useful for beginner, and I must say that most businessmen who are in the market still do not complete this work for some time, until you have explained it in detail, thanks a lot, thanks. At any point of time, profits should be made and the cause of profit should be stopped, even today, Bracwein was the only option I had known earlier.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    It is good to close part lotsize of trading position in metatrader 4 platform there many trader thay don't know that close part lotsize is benifit for your and thay make you careful in trading market however I advice all trader to learn many think about this to be profisonnel at trading market

Not allowed!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast