How to close part lotsize of trading position - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to close part lotsize of trading position

Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 184

How to close part lotsize of trading position

Hi, I will share about how to close part lotsize of trading position. Maybe some of you don't know about this yet. Therefore I try to share it. This is only for mt4 computer version, I don't know if this can be done in mt4 mobile phone version because I don't trade in mobile phone version.

Okay, I can't say much in this case because maybe a lot of my writing would be difficult to be understood. But I hope you get the points.

For example, I have a buy position 0.05 lot size, then I will close 0.02 lot size. Then the way is as below:

1. Right click on trading position, you can do this through the chart or through the terminal
    - Through the chart
    Right clik and select "modify"

- Through the terminal
    Right click and select "modify or delete order"

2. Choose Type: "instant execution"

3. Choose VOlume : "0.02" and then Click "close" button

4. Done, now the position is only 0.3 lotsize left

Hopefully this tutorial can be useful for beginners.

Best of luck guys...., Keep trading for crying...,,, oops sorry, I mean,,, trading for a living...

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 2
    Impressively this is a useful article and thread, honestly I don't have the idea or know that it can be possible to close part of lotsize in the market, well I will learn and practice how to do that, but I don't really make use of big lot size in the market, I think traders that are greed of making use of big lot size in the market to learn how to close part of it.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by coolless View Post
    Impressively this is a useful article and thread, honestly I don't have the idea or know that it can be possible to close part of lotsize in the market, well I will learn and practice how to do that, but I don't really make use of big lot size in the market, I think traders that are greed of making use of big lot size in the market to learn how to close part of it.
    Yeah this is not for a trader who are use 0.01 lot size or smallest lot size, this is only for trader who always use more than 0.01 lot size. For example if you use 0.02 lot size according to the money management that you have planned, I think this is not greedy. We can be said to be greedy traders if we make a target that is not proportional to the capital that we have.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 13
    Quote Originally Posted by sufiyan2 View Post
    i think this type of method can only be done when trader are in huge loss and they have to make break even tp so it closed portion on the lot size in the break eveen and remaining one lot would be his profit how ever i have seem many trader who don't know about this portion cuting on the lot so this thread will be great and informative for them :)
    I don't have a need to use this kind of trading method, it is the method by desperate traders which believe that they can use huge risk. And when things are not in their favour, they will be looking for the way to reduce their trading risk. It is safer that we plan our trades from the beginning, our lot size has to be determined correctly, and we likewise need to use stop loss.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 63
    I like to plan all my trading activities from the beginning till the end, so that i will not have reason to be doing some patching after i had made my decision. That is why i don't like to trade more than one positions, and i make sure that my risk level is well calculated before taking the risk. I also want to start trading with a fix stop loss now, that will make my total account results to be more productive and balanced. All these are important instead of adjusting my lot size.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 11
    I think its possible only with those trading account which are open with the meta trader 5 platform because on that platform when we are open new trading orders then they are adjust on the previously open trading lot size. So when we want to close partially then this option is work well for us and we can easily modify our trading orders on it.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 207
    Given: 311
    I already know about this, this is very useful for traders who use long-term trading strategies by allowing profit to run as far as possible but just want to close part of the lot from an opened position, I often do this, it is quite helpful indeed. I already know about this, this is very useful for traders who use long-term trading strategies by allowing profit to run as far as possible but just want to close some of the lot from an open position, I often do this, it is quite helpful.

Not allowed!
    If you lose, be patient. If you win, stay humble

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 4
    I appreciate the fact that you take your time to explain closing part of lotsize in an appropriate way that anyone can easily understand. Closing part of lotsize is a very good idea because there are times that the lot size we make use can gives us huge losses, and in the manner we can have the mind of closing part of the lot size for us not get margin call. We should be very cautious of how we trade the market.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 12
    Yes, your thread us so helpful for beginner trader who have no idea about that matter. When I was new trader I also got many problem to do simple task about metatrader software. So that in this forum the new traders get all the solution about any problem, the fforum is so helpful for every =one.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by jamey View Post
    Yes, your thread us so helpful for beginner trader who have no idea about that matter. When I was new trader I also got many problem to do simple task about metatrader software. So that in this forum the new traders get all the solution about any problem, the fforum is so helpful for every =one.
    There are lots of tutorials on how to operate metatraders for beginners, and there are also lots of basic tutorials for beginners on how to start forex trading properly without high risk, but actually there are a lot of beginners who have big egos without listening to what experienced traders . I think this is the beauty of forex A good place to waste money in a short time for many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyen View Post
    I don't have a need to use this kind of trading method, it is the method by desperate traders which believe that they can use huge risk. And when things are not in their favour, they will be looking for the way to reduce their trading risk. It is safer that we plan our trades from the beginning, our lot size has to be determined correctly, and we likewise need to use stop loss.
    Lot size size adjustment is a very important part of my trading plan.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 4
    In all speaking words there is something to pick from it and it will do us more good than harm in forex field. Is a good idea for all us to have more knowledge and potential skills of how to trade forex field in a successful way. As a matter of fact, closing part of our lotsize is not a most that all traders have to do or trade with. I believe all traders knows the risk in the market in that is necessary to manage the risk proper to attain the best results in forex field.

Not allowed!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast