How to install indicators in MT4 - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How to install indicators in MT4

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 17

How to install indicators in MT4

Download the MQ4/EX4 file into your C:Program Files\MetaTrader 4\indicators folder

If you download the zip file, unzip it and locate the MQ5 file in C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\MQL4\Indicators or any other folder where our program is installed

Attachment 23490

Double-click on the file, the Mq4 editor will open and hit “Compile”/or we have template folder to add particular indicator
    Attachment 23491

Restart your MetaTrader 4 application
    Attachment 23492
    On the left hand side, look for the “Navigator” window and under the “Indicators” tab you should find the Indicators

Drag (Click and drag) the indicator onto the chart

Choose your settings and click OK

This is very simple thread but i thought it is a need for every trader because there are lot of indicator here we are discussing so if we do not know how to apply them all will waste and we do not have a clear mind about positive and negative of particular indicator so good luck to everyone to use indicator here .

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 2
    It is necessary for traders to know what can gives them profit in this business, not just thinking of making use of indicators because others are making use of them and they are successful in trading with indicators, first no the kind of trader you are in this business. Honestly how to attach indicator in mt4 platform is not difficult but if you are finding it difficult I think this thread as just show you how to do that.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 11
    it's just a simple process. First download the MQ4/EX4 file in your PC, then check it is in zip file or in .exe. if the file is in zip file then just unzip it by right click and there will be a option of unzip just click on unzip. and open the unzip folder and double-click on the file, the Mq4 editor will open and hit “Compile”.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 12
    It's always hard for the new timers to go about some certain things that's why everything concerning about forex trading is share on forum to help newbies go about that particular thing they find hard to do, how to install indicator is one of those common questions newbies ask because every newbie believe that with indicators they can make money from the market easily that could be true or be false depending on how good the indicator you trade with his and your experience on the indicator. You should follow the above instructions to install indicator into your Mt4 easily.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 5
    well just download these files in your pc,it will be in download folder copy these files and paste in to your platform folder where it is installed,
    like wise C:/program files/Meta trader4/MQ4/indicators then just compile files from editor.Restart your platform and then done.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 8
    You can download and install any custom indicator in you Mt4 easily but if you are new to this you should probably follow the instruction above to have this done within few minutes installing the indicator is not the problem for most traders but to be able to make stable income from the indicator is one of the major problem that most newbies face.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 5
    well as far as i know there are two destination where these indicators can be installed and how first destination is to paste the indicator file in the user data folder in your document folder or it can be pasted in the folder where your platform is installed in MQL4 folder.So just download the indicators copy it from where it is downloaded and paste it in destination

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 11
    you just need to download the indicators you want download it,it will be mostly downloaded in downloads folder,after that what you need to do is to copy it from that folder and take it to the destination where your platform is installed paste it in MQL4 folder in indicators after that open the editor and compile it.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 10
    Quote Originally Posted by rohan View Post
    you just need to download the indicators you want download it,it will be mostly downloaded in downloads folder,after that what you need to do is to copy it from that folder and take it to the destination where your platform is installed paste it in MQL4 folder in indicators after that open the editor and compile it.
    I think we cannot need to attach any indicator in mt4 terminal for our trade because many other type of indicator already available in the mt4 terminal and we can use all indicator to make strategy for our trading business. Without it if we can attach any indicator then simply we can follow this thread guide and in this way we can easily attach any indicator in mt4 terminal and use it in our trade.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 16
    Quote Originally Posted by mazhar View Post
    I think we cannot need to attach any indicator in mt4 terminal for our trade because many other type of indicator already available in the mt4 terminal and we can use all indicator to make strategy for our trading business. Without it if we can attach any indicator then simply we can follow this thread guide and in this way we can easily attach any indicator in mt4 terminal and use it in our trade.
    Yes, you good bro i have not like indicator trading for our trading business because when i have start our trade with indicator then my trade is too mush long and show our result after a long time during 2 to 4 week. So i hates indicator trading and always start our trade with simple or scalping way and always get good profit from it.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 207
    Given: 311
    I found the same thread with this, I think it would be better to lock one of them, the tutorial to install the indicator on mt4 is very useful for beginners, but it would be better not to let 2 threads with the same topic to be discussed, and the tutorial maker from both of them are no longer active I think. I do not want to comment more in this matter because everything is clear, this thread is very clear in providing a tutorial on how to install the indicator in mt4.

Not allowed!
    If you lose, be patient. If you win, stay humble

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast