$9 to $500 and still going! - Page 44
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344

Thread: $9 to $500 and still going!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0

$9 to $500 and still going!

In short I was introduced to Forex Trading in 2008. Since then I've not been able to turn profit, until.... I never gave up!

A few month ago I sat in front of my charts thinking that there is more to trading than just these charts? There is more to trading than placing order and hoping..... hoping.... and then some more hoping.....

Then I remembered something I read a long time ago, which was "When I place a trade I never calculate how much I can make from the trade, I only calculate how much I can loose". That made me think really hard at where I am and where I want to be in a few month's time...

I found $9 in one of my account with RoboForex and I started to apply this new approach combined with my strategy, which is trading key price levels combined with fundamental analyses and economic behavior. Very soon this account grew to $50 and I was very pleased with myself. Next I took it to $100 and then $150 about a month later. At this stage I realized I'm on to something.

I took the $150 and opened a new account, because I had someone who wanted to follow my trading so I started a Signal Service.

The $150 kept growing and growing up to just over $500 what it is today.

So what changed?

My whole approach to trading had to change. My strategy was always good, but my execution and handling was poor.

So what is next?

I'm taking this account to $1k and then $2k. By when you might ask? I don't know, because I'm not looking at how much money I can make anymore, I look at how little I can loose and take whatever profit I can get.

Join me as I take this account to the next level.

Trade safe!

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 13
    Quote Originally Posted by ola4real View Post
    It is good to know that this traders did well in his trading to make the $9 into $500. But i do not like this, do you know the reason why? The trader did not start by making a journal, he only started after the money has grew up. We can not ascertain if that was luck or he traded well. Like the aggressive trading you made mention, it can not be removed from the possible cause of his achievement.
    What you have said about this traders is the truth. I can not see where he started with prove on the use of the $9 truly, i only saw an excitement of saying that he made the little money to become big. This is a question we will have to ask him, where are the proves of the beginning challenges and quest of this journal. I doubt it if he can provide us with that record.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 7
    Truly making use of the small trading amount such as the $9 will never help you to gain anything out of the forex market but some kind of level of stress and pressures to start making it but these feelings alone are capable of pushing you downwards and you shall never be able to start making anything out of the forex market. I believe that after we have gained the required knowledge and experience then we should find a way of getting our trading accounts equipped with adequate amount of money. There are so many ways we can get some good amount of money to start trading but the first thing is to prove that we are profitable forex traders first.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 4
    It is actually very possible to trade the forex market with a very small amount of money because that can actually become a serious motivation for us to do the right thing, unfortunately many forex traders don't see the need to use good money management because they don't understand what it means to use it this is basically something we should avoid

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 13
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonvic View Post
    It is actually very possible to trade the forex market with a very small amount of money because that can actually become a serious motivation for us to do the right thing, unfortunately many forex traders don't see the need to use good money management because they don't understand what it means to use it this is basically something we should avoid
    I agree with you, it is a good idea that we are starting the trading career with the low money, it is possible that we can make it. This is for the traders that are low in experience or are poor. But when we know that we have the financial capacity to invest big and still have all what it takes to be trading the market in term of experience. There is then no reason why we should not invest big.

Not allowed!

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344