$9 to $500 and still going! - Page 4
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: $9 to $500 and still going!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0

$9 to $500 and still going!

In short I was introduced to Forex Trading in 2008. Since then I've not been able to turn profit, until.... I never gave up!

A few month ago I sat in front of my charts thinking that there is more to trading than just these charts? There is more to trading than placing order and hoping..... hoping.... and then some more hoping.....

Then I remembered something I read a long time ago, which was "When I place a trade I never calculate how much I can make from the trade, I only calculate how much I can loose". That made me think really hard at where I am and where I want to be in a few month's time...

I found $9 in one of my account with RoboForex and I started to apply this new approach combined with my strategy, which is trading key price levels combined with fundamental analyses and economic behavior. Very soon this account grew to $50 and I was very pleased with myself. Next I took it to $100 and then $150 about a month later. At this stage I realized I'm on to something.

I took the $150 and opened a new account, because I had someone who wanted to follow my trading so I started a Signal Service.

The $150 kept growing and growing up to just over $500 what it is today.

So what changed?

My whole approach to trading had to change. My strategy was always good, but my execution and handling was poor.

So what is next?

I'm taking this account to $1k and then $2k. By when you might ask? I don't know, because I'm not looking at how much money I can make anymore, I look at how little I can loose and take whatever profit I can get.

Join me as I take this account to the next level.

Trade safe!

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 12
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBackyardTrader View Post
    I've reached $800 acc balance this week!

Attachment 23762
    Congratulations bro, you did a very good work here it's not easy to turn 9$ to 800$ but you did it which means that you really no how to trade and you have a strong strategy, forex trading is profitable but same time very risky business but if we can trade with a good strategy and manage our trading capital and risk very well we can make big money in this market.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 8
    The forex market is a highly profitable business if we are trading with a good strategy we can trade with even small amount and still make huge money, it's almost about our trading strategy and how good we can manage the risk, it's not all about having big investment we just have to be good in trading to make huge money even if we are trading with small investment.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 63
    Quote Originally Posted by davido View Post
    The forex market is a highly profitable business if we are trading with a good strategy we can trade with even small amount and still make huge money, it's almost about our trading strategy and how good we can manage the risk, it's not all about having big investment we just have to be good in trading to make huge money even if we are trading with small investment.
    I don't think it is ever a restriction for traders to trade with small money, but in the truth sense of it, it is not reasonable, because it is one of the reasons that are causing traders to trade aggressively, that is bad for us. If traders can trade with reasonable amount of money, then they can trade well and get the best in the market as soon as possible, rather than wasting their time on little capital.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by ajagbeolegba View Post
    I don't think it is ever a restriction for traders to trade with small money, but in the truth sense of it, it is not reasonable, because it is one of the reasons that are causing traders to trade aggressively, that is bad for us. If traders can trade with reasonable amount of money, then they can trade well and get the best in the market as soon as possible, rather than wasting their time on little capital.
    I both agree and disagree with you. Yes small accounts we tend to trade with more aggression, because we want the account to grow quickly, but it is also very useful to manage your discipline. If you can look beyond the account size and focus on percentage gain then you can trade with $10 and still make decent money over time. If you can trade with a $10 account for 3 months and make 10% per week on average you can make yourself $970! It takes more discipline to do that than to trade with a $1,000 account I would think!

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 30
    If you are work hard then every thing is possible for you and when you are take high risk on your trading you will never know the market trend and your earning is also very hard. You cannot earn high profit from your trading when you have small investment. So you are need to invest some high investment then its easy for you to get your target.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 8
    It possible to make huge profits with small capital and there is no restrictions that when you invest small capital to trade you won't be able to make huge profits, forex trading is profitable and if we are working in the market with a good strategy even with small capital we can make huge money in the market as long as we don't experience bad luck in first and second trading.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 158
    Given: 236
    You did great, though it seem like your account hit the rock, I was also worried about the risk you take and then how fast you grow the account in the sense that any thing that grows that fast might quickly drop. Furthermore, I must applaud your discipline and consistency, because if you can do that then you can keep on doing that on and on. Figure out your mistakes and continue again.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 63
    Quote Originally Posted by cutiekc View Post
    You did great, though it seem like your account hit the rock, I was also worried about the risk you take and then how fast you grow the account in the sense that any thing that grows that fast might quickly drop. Furthermore, I must applaud your discipline and consistency, because if you can do that then you can keep on doing that on and on. Figure out your mistakes and continue again.
    I could not believe my eyes on what i see after i read your post here. The traders that claimed that he has being successful since $9 capital should not lose all his trading account so cheaply. Well, i believe that he would have learned his lessons by now, because you are doing great does not means that you should be increasing your risk, and not use stop loss at the same time.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 158
    Given: 236
    Quote Originally Posted by ajagbeolegba View Post
    I could not believe my eyes on what i see after i read your post here. The traders that claimed that he has being successful since $9 capital should not lose all his trading account so cheaply. Well, i believe that he would have learned his lessons by now, because you are doing great does not means that you should be increasing your risk, and not use stop loss at the same time.
    Well, emotions and greed could be a great factor that could cause such to happen. Some of the professional traders also do fall victim for emotions and then when they do, they loss a lot of money too. However, like I pointed out, the best thing about the market is that the trader has been able to have the experience and then have such progress in the market, the trader can achieve such success again.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 13
    Quote Originally Posted by davido View Post
    It possible to make huge profits with small capital and there is no restrictions that when you invest small capital to trade you won't be able to make huge profits, forex trading is profitable and if we are working in the market with a good strategy even with small capital we can make huge money in the market as long as we don't experience bad luck in first and second trading.
    Yes, it is possible, it will be hard at the same time. We are doing many things as traders, that is why our agreement may not be the same on this cos I have seen some traders not agreeing with this fact on some other sections of the forum. This trader here has also made a mistake, but he really tried to have kept the account active for long period of time before he lost.

Not allowed!

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast