Strategies for part time traders
Page 1 of 223 123451151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 2258

Thread: Strategies for part time traders

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Trader
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    8,577

    Strategies for part time traders

    I have noticed to my amazement that there has been not thread on how to help part time traders in this forum , at least i have not read one, so i take it upon myself to create a thread here on the best strategies that part time traders could adopt to trade the market . I will like to hear good comments from my fellows here on the best way to assist part time traders.


    1, HOLD A POSITION FOR A LONG TIME:It is critical that you understand the drivers of your currency pairs and have taken the time to really understand your market. Therefore, after studying the market and narrowing down particular chosen currency pairs, selecting a few positions and holding them for a longer period of time is a prudent strategy for part-timers. Another wise strategy is to put in stop-loss orders with all your trades to minimize any losses if the market moves against you.


    2,TAKE TIME TO STUDY LONG TERM TREND:There is value in looking at longer-term trends (daily/weekly) instead of looking at hourly or even four-hour charts. This will allow you to trade while looking at your computer only once a day.

    3,SET UP TRADING ORDER AHEAD OF TIME.:Setting limit, stop-loss or other entry/exit orders can ensure you do not miss opportunities to enter or exit positions.

    These are the three ways by which i know that part time traders can adopt without missing trades.

    You are free to add some to the list.

  2. #2
    Trader
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    11,572
    Holding position for long time requires a trader that knows how to analyze the market on long term and this requires a good trader of a good experience because not all traders can analyze the market well on long term and only knows how to analyze it on short term and so they trade with short term strategies always and do not trade with long term strategies.

  3. #3
    Trader
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Biafra
    Posts
    11,775
    We all know that part time traders do not in anyway have all the whole time to be active in their chart. So I suggest they should look for long term trading. This will go a long way to help them also manage their risk and look on the chance to improve in making profits. These part time traders can take trades and set good take profits and stop loss to see they have opportunity to focus on other things that are necessary.

  4. #4
    The part time trading means that the trader don't have much time to trade and watch the market consistently that is need of marking use of the part time trading methods which really a good means.the way the market work it gives traders the ability to trade in what so ever means .part time trading is not that easy because any trader that doesn't trade Forex market.

  5. #5
    part time trading means that the trader some time to trade he watch the market consistently he need to use the part time method it is really a good for him he dont spend much time on the market his main purpose just the the make money in Forex business.part time method is not easy because the trader not fully time in Forex business so he did not understand the market business properly and he doesn't good experience.

  6. #6
    The part time trading means that the trader don't have much time to trade and watch the market consistently that is the need of making use of the part time trading methods.it is really a good for him he don't spend much time on the market.They just need the concept that would enable them make use of the daily chart and make analysis at least twice in a day.

  7. #7
    Trader
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    8,577
    Quote Originally Posted by sameeh View Post
    Holding position for long time requires a trader that knows how to analyze the market on long term and this requires a good trader of a good experience because not all traders can analyze the market well on long term and only knows how to analyze it on short term and so they trade with short term strategies always and do not trade with long term strategies.
    That is very correct my dear friend, that is just one of the secret of holding a trade for a long term. You just have to understand the logic of how to analyze the market both on the long term and the long term so that you can easily differentiate between a long term trade and a short term market . I believe there are so much experience traders in this forum who understood that . Holding a trade for a longer time is one of the best way to make your account grow in the forex market.

  8. #8
    Trader
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    8,577
    Quote Originally Posted by sameeh View Post
    Holding position for long time requires a trader that knows how to analyze the market on long term and this requires a good trader of a good experience because not all traders can analyze the market well on long term and only knows how to analyze it on short term and so they trade with short term strategies always and do not trade with long term strategies.
    That is a very good point you have made here my dear friend about having the knowledge to analyze the market before a long term positions can be held in the market .You see, our knowledge is one of the greatest asset that we posses as traders and if we lack the real knowledge about the market , it will be very difficult to do anything right in the market.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Giedra View Post
    There are many retail traders who are part time traders because they have jobs and trade in forex market only when they have free time. They can use any strategy they want but longer term strategies are better because they do not have to sit in front of computer and follow the market. But they can use any strategy they want.
    It is very right, it is not every trader that have the time to stay in front of the computer system all the time like some of us do have the time. Many are fully engaged and and have very little time for the market . Trading the longer time will be the best for such traders.For traders lie this, the trading of the forex market is just like having a fun and not really a business since they have some other primary business or job they are into.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by stanlon View Post
    Am a part time trader and I think it's the best way for me to trade because the market is very risky therefore I cannot focus on forex trading alone and there are many good strategies out there that can be use with this trading method properly, I used the support and resistance with the help of various indicators and I think this is the best way to trade.
    Hello Stanlon, i am very happy for your responses to this thread on the use of long term to trade the market most especially those traders who are on part term basis.The resistance and the support levels are some very good point in the market to take some long term trades which can last for as long as possible. But the knowledge of the best way to use the resistance and support must also be had for more effective trading.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Real View Post
    The part time traders means those who don't want to be in the chart for so long making analysis. It is a good decisions to be made, however then, I just hope that the trader who intends to make use of the part time strategy is willing to make analysis using the long term chart, because that is the chart whereas a trader should be able to see the long term trading signals.
    Yes, i do support your point here, any trader who want to make use of the part time trading system a sa result of not wanting to be in the market all the time should learn how to study the long term way of this market so that he can be able to make some good analysis on how to place the best of trades on the long term basis.

  9. #9
    Trader
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    8,577
    Quote Originally Posted by sameeh View Post
    Holding position for long time requires a trader that knows how to analyze the market on long term and this requires a good trader of a good experience because not all traders can analyze the market well on long term and only knows how to analyze it on short term and so they trade with short term strategies always and do not trade with long term strategies.
    I quite agree with you my dear friend , that trading the long term will require a trader that knows how to analyze the market very well. But from my personal observation, it is easier to analyze the loner time frame market than the shorter time frame market because with the higher time frame, it is always easy to see the situation of the market very clearly especially when you are making use of the weekly time frame.

  10. #10
    Trader
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    8,577
    Quote Originally Posted by sameeh View Post
    Holding position for long time requires a trader that knows how to analyze the market on long term and this requires a good trader of a good experience because not all traders can analyze the market well on long term and only knows how to analyze it on short term and so they trade with short term strategies always and do not trade with long term strategies.
    Yes of course, you hit the point right on the head there my dear. Any trader who intend to hold on to a trade for a long time here must be able to do a proper market analysis before doing so because without that , getting on the right direction of the market could be done in the wrong way and since it is going to be for a long time, lots of money could be lost in the process.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonycee View Post
    We all know that part time traders do not in anyway have all the whole time to be active in their chart. So I suggest they should look for long term trading. This will go a long way to help them also manage their risk and look on the chance to improve in making profits. These part time traders can take trades and set good take profits and stop loss to see they have opportunity to focus on other things that are necessary.
    That is very correct sir, most part time traders do not always have the time like you and i to be with the computer system for too long of a time, and the best thing to do like you have rightly suggested is to do a setting up with good stop loss and take profit order with very little to risk should loss occur.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    The part time trading means that the trader don't have much time to trade and watch the market consistently, that is the need of making use of the part time trading method, which is really a good means. I think if you are a long term trader then by default, you are a part time trader as you don't spend much time on the market.
    Yes, most part time traders do not always have the time to be with the market and so it is always good for them to be a long term traders so that they do not need to be worry about their trades while in the market once they have been able to set their stop loss and their take profit.

Page 1 of 223 123451151101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •