A simple but powerful strategy - Page 3

View Poll Results: Do you like this strategy

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    6 66.67%
  • no

    2 22.22%
  • i don't know

    1 11.11%
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 285

Thread: A simple but powerful strategy

  1. #1
    Trader tfs2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,037
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 198
    Given: 230

    Lightbulb A simple but powerful strategy

    The strategy depends on the alligator indicator
    - we will need the daily time frame(D1) to get the direction and the four-hour time frame (H4) to get the entry point.
    first, we go to the D1 as in the picture and wait for the market to correct and touch the moving averages after that, we go to H4 and wait until the price closes above the moving averages.
    then we open a buy position and we put the stop loss under the nearest low and we put the first take profit at the nearest high and if it is very close to the point of entry we make it equal to stop loss.(ex : sl=50 tp =50+spread).
    The second take profit is twice the stop loss (ex : sl=50 tp2 =100+spread).
    This strategy gives good results on major currency pairs such as EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/JPY, etc.
    The indicator is available on the MetaTrader 4 platform
    Attachment 22388


    Examples:
    buy..
    Attachment 22386 Attachment 22387

    sell..
    Attachment 22384 Attachment 22385

    If there are any questions you do not hesitate, I will be happy to answer them in detail

    Not allowed!

  2. #21
    Trader
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    5,414
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 41
    Quote Originally Posted by bilal786 View Post
    if we wants to trade with simple mean then we should trade with candlestick pattern which is very helpful for giving a wonderful trading on the basis of your learning and knowledge ,on the other hand time frame is also an effective factor for making a powerful trade.i also prefer to trade with indicators because they also helpful for giving us a good and profitable trade .
    Yeah there are mnay ways which help us to enter and exit from our trades with profit. Candlestick patterns are also easy for traders to use in their trading and then earn high profit from this market but if we are use the trend line trading strategy then its also easy and helpful for traders to make high profit from this market easily and this strategy is very powerful if we are compare it with other trading strategies.

    Not allowed!

  3. #22
    Trader
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    8,834
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 17
    this is long time trading where H4 become the place to get entry point or exit point, but i guess this is good if we combine with the smaller time frames where the function here to reduce the risk from floating minus then give us more accuracy when the order is set. honestly, i do agree to use H4 and D1 where they have same direction and so become the signals for making decisions, and it can give us clear market direction or trend which should be followed and also the support resistance levels, but sure, with combine m5 or m15 as entry point will make us sharper to get entry point or exit point

    Not allowed!

  4. #23
    Trader Killer_Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    in a place i call home
    Posts
    2,827
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 54
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.big View Post
    this is long time trading where H4 become the place to get entry point or exit point, but i guess this is good if we combine with the smaller time frames where the function here to reduce the risk from floating minus then give us more accuracy when the order is set. honestly, i do agree to use H4 and D1 where they have same direction and so become the signals for making decisions, and it can give us clear market direction or trend which should be followed and also the support resistance levels, but sure, with combine m5 or m15 as entry point will make us sharper to get entry point or exit point
    i may not know and use this indicator. but through the explanations i can conclude that it is indeed a long term trading style which using h4 as its main time frame which make it less working if we combine another lower time frames like what you have suggested before. typical of long term trading does not need to use another smaller time frame because it is more valid if we use higher time frames instead.

    Not allowed!

  5. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    2,816
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 3
    Overall this is very nice strategy but I think in this trading strategy our risk and reward ratio is not good. If we are work with higher time frame like D1 then our risk and reward ratio is must be good. Its must be 1: 3 risk and reward ratio then we can enter into a trade in which we are need to hold our trades for long time. So i think this strategy is better for us to use it in small time frames then its work fine for us.

    Not allowed!

  6. #25
    Trader
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    981
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mwana View Post
    Overall this is very nice strategy but I think in this trading strategy our risk and reward ratio is not good. If we are work with higher time frame like D1 then our risk and reward ratio is must be good. Its must be 1: 3 risk and reward ratio then we can enter into a trade in which we are need to hold our trades for long time. So i think this strategy is better for us to use it in small time frames then its work fine for us.
    moving average indicator with longer time frame then its work really good for us but its very hard for us to set our target with moving average indicator because its never gives us the signals of enter and exit from our trading in this way we are must need to sue another strategy with it and trend line trading strategy is best way to combine with the moving average indicator and earn high profit from this market easily.

    Not allowed!

  7. #26
    Trader Jetstream SAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    588
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by mwana View Post
    Overall this is very nice strategy but I think in this trading strategy our risk and reward ratio is not good. If we are work with higher time frame like D1 then our risk and reward ratio is must be good. Its must be 1: 3 risk and reward ratio then we can enter into a trade in which we are need to hold our trades for long time. So i think this strategy is better for us to use it in small time frames then its work fine for us.
    simply going back to our own trading and try to implement our own risk reward ratio while we are trying to learn about understanding that strategy. all trading strategies are good because they all trying to help traders to analyze market and to detect market movement's possibilities. in this thread we will be using alligator indicator only and if you really sure it is enough to work alone with a single indicator, then it is up to you.

    Not allowed!

  8. #27
    Trader tfs2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,037
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 198
    Given: 230

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by tfs2012 View Post
    [lang=ar]This week's trade will be on the GBP/USD The trade fulfilled the conditions. As for the take profit, I think there is a continuation head and shoulders pattern so I will determine the take profit according to this pattern,the Trade has achieved 80 points so far.
    Attachment 22537 Attachment 22538[/lang]
    the gbp/usd hit the stop loss about 120 pips .


    We had a second entry signal on the the AUDUSD and both of them hit the first take profit 110 + 55 =165 pips .


    AUDUSDH4.jpg AUDUSDH4gh.jpg



    as for the usd/cad I closed the trade at the first target it was about 130 points.

    USDCADH4jh.jpg

    And for the usd/jpy, the strategy gave us a second entry signal so we go in the same way .

    USDJPYH4;.jpg

    Not allowed!
    Last edited by tfs2012; 02-28-2018 at 11:05 PM.

  9. #28
    Trader
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    7,129
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 68
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream SAM View Post
    simply going back to our own trading and try to implement our own risk reward ratio while we are trying to learn about understanding that strategy. all trading strategies are good because they all trying to help traders to analyze market and to detect market movement's possibilities. in this thread we will be using alligator indicator only and if you really sure it is enough to work alone with a single indicator, then it is up to you.
    The thing traders needs to know about forex trading business is that the business is a risky one and then we can not make money when we have not planned about the money and risk management properly. There are simple methods of trading. But can we really make good use of it? That is another point we are to ask, because I feel that we need to be psychological strong to use good our strategy.

    Not allowed!

  10. #29
    Trader
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    3,916
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
    The thing traders needs to know about forex trading business is that the business is a risky one and then we can not make money when we have not planned about the money and risk management properly. There are simple methods of trading. But can we really make good use of it? That is another point we are to ask, because I feel that we need to be psychological strong to use good our strategy.
    Forex is too much risky business in which if we want earn profit then we must need to use stop loss and always follow the market trend. if we are not follow the trend then we will never earn any thing from this market. We always need follow this trading with a power trading strategy which help us to get the highest profit from this market trading easily.

    Not allowed!

  11. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    8,229
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 33
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
    The thing traders needs to know about forex trading business is that the business is a risky one and then we can not make money when we have not planned about the money and risk management properly. There are simple methods of trading. But can we really make good use of it? That is another point we are to ask, because I feel that we need to be psychological strong to use good our strategy.
    It is a general thing about trade because there is no doubt that it is a risky business and we should make trade plan to get success , developing own strategies with knowledge and with efforts will give trader good ideas and results for earning money and for developing own strategies for work make safe trade strategies for success .

    Not allowed!

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •