Does news really move the market? - Page 50
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Does news really move the market?

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 190

Lightbulb Does news really move the market?

Hello

I want to make brief presentation about this topic. This really bothers me at first time I watched a video of trading psychology but later I realized trading the news do not give me more than 50% of winning ratio. I also get confused by news on market because at some points, market did not move in correct direction along with the news result. Moreover, many rumors spread all over internet which one analyst expert said this while others might said that.

While I watched the learning video of trading psychology, there I learned all about the aspects of trading which need to do and need to avoid while we trade. One of the biggest thing we must avoid is the news. You know why? It is because news actually hunting retailer’s stop loss while creating big space of movements which can only be analyzed better with technical analysis. It has come to my attention that fundamental analysis is good but can not be used as main consideration for market entries. Not for me.

Here are some examples about news trading. Make some reviews back on GBPUSD pair on date March 16th 2017, it was FOMC news and Fed rate increased from <0.75% to <1.00% as expected. But unfortunately, market was going up instead of down by following the news. How could market did that? Here is the answer. Technically we could identify it with the help of trend line. Check the screenshots below:

Follow the instructions on screenshot above and see market was moved up instead of down because price touched lower trend line and previous resistance levels which that moment became a support for that price movement. So according to this, what is your conclusion about news? Does it really give us good market entry or technical analysis is working better here?

I am not with the people who hate fundamental analysis, for me I just avoid trading with it anymore because I want to focus only with my technical strategy. I am writing this based on the facts I saw on market, not from what I think about it. It took a while for me and probably for you guys to realize the same thing. Try to avoid news and make your trading system as simple as possible. The mindset is pretty easy to build, if you really think forex trading is a difficult business to do, then your brain will automatically process it and decrease your ability to learn things faster and easier.

Change your mindset, focus on your technical analysis, and keep things simple.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 35
    Quote Originally Posted by naeem555 View Post
    yes its about trade war but have you check still gbpusd moved down more more, so i think it should go up but its opposite to news, some time this thing happen market just move opposite to news, so its very bad thing it can happen all people know about news they enter and market maker make it opposite to give all people to loss, so we should care about news as well its good but not sure way
    GBPUSD is falling on fundamental grounds, the UK labor party says there is no meaning in talking with a Government that is about to collapse. Monday I see the pair even touching new lows, however there is some some support levels to watch out for. So the basic rule for trading news is that we should trade only those news which is within our realm of understanding and we can anticipate the market move. News moves the market and it is evident to all traders how the market can behave chaotically at the time of news.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 13
    Quote Originally Posted by AmitChallenger View Post
    GBPUSD is falling on fundamental grounds, the UK labor party says there is no meaning in talking with a Government that is about to collapse. Monday I see the pair even touching new lows, however there is some some support levels to watch out for. So the basic rule for trading news is that we should trade only those news which is within our realm of understanding and we can anticipate the market move. News moves the market and it is evident to all traders how the market can behave chaotically at the time of news.
    News is moving the market, there is no doubt in that. The news is thde largest mover of the market, and there are many news that traders could work with. Like the GBP analysis you have just reviewed, this is not a calendar news, but it is much a news that is more powerful to move the market. I did not hear about the take of the UK labour party before you shared it here. No wonder that GBPUSD was just falling last week without stoppage.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 42
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyen View Post
    News is moving the market, there is no doubt in that. The news is thde largest mover of the market, and there are many news that traders could work with. Like the GBP analysis you have just reviewed, this is not a calendar news, but it is much a news that is more powerful to move the market. I did not hear about the take of the UK labour party before you shared it here. No wonder that GBPUSD was just falling last week without stoppage.
    according to my experience news only impact the market but that changes the market and produce the news trend and then technically market maintain the chart according to technical pattern and move according to the trend of news impact but mostly trade trade on technical which is also benefit able.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 24
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyen View Post
    yes i agree news is moving all but in gbp case there is some issue, in last days usd was weak because of some reasons so a trader can buy gbpusd but the issue is still gbpusd can go down, just our proper analysis can work here, like we need to know about gbp also, its weak or strong, with both things we can place right order otherwise we can lose here like i am losing because of less analysis work, so do your homework before good orders

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 56
    Quote Originally Posted by AmitChallenger View Post
    it's beautiful how fundamental or news brought this pair down for long time and gave me enough pips to make per swing trade i open. i've realized that too when i read the news about gbpusd that's about to weaken for more periods and maybe this week it'll stop at the next target of support areas which will be reached possibly in wednesday or thursday before gbpusd can start to climb up its strength.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 55
    Quote Originally Posted by naeem555 View Post
    yes i agree news is moving all but in gbp case there is some issue, in last days usd was weak because of some reasons so a trader can buy gbpusd but the issue is still gbpusd can go down, just our proper analysis can work here, like we need to know about gbp also, its weak or strong, with both things we can place right order otherwise we can lose here like i am losing because of less analysis work, so do your homework before good orders
    I think the reason behind the movement of GBPUSD is also known as the fact that news is causing it, the brexit news is not yet over and it is the cause why the pair is moving the way it is right now, I even just sold it in expectation that price will fall as well, so basically news causes the movement in the market, but some of us decides to trade what we see on the chart.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 68
    The news moves the market as much as we know, however we can't trade the news directly and expect to make money from it, most of all, the news will not let you know where the direction will be when the news is out so therefore being one of the reasons why there are a whole lot of people losing their money. News gets to move the market but you don't need to trade at the point of release.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 90
    During the release of high impact news , market is expected to show some reactions and the degree of such reactions is determined by the amount of deviation between the actual and the forecast data. This should not sound strange to those who have the knowledge of fundamental analysis at all . When economic news hits the market with a big surprise , you can then expect a huge reactions and that is when you see the market go wild and also in a manner that shows no respect to any of the technical levels

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 20
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
    The news moves the market as much as we know, however we can't trade the news directly and expect to make money from it, most of all, the news will not let you know where the direction will be when the news is out so therefore being one of the reasons why there are a whole lot of people losing their money. News gets to move the market but you don't need to trade at the point of release.
    The news is what i know that can move the forex field so much, it is happening every time. Forex traders who are trading the forex news will know what i am talking about. Immediate that a news is released, it will cause the forex prices to be moving up and down with strong force, this is not always working correctly for forex traders. We have to make sure that we know how this forex news is working, that is how we can trade it correctly.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 190
    Quote Originally Posted by ola4real View Post
    The news is what i know that can move the forex field so much, it is happening every time. Forex traders who are trading the forex news will know what i am talking about. Immediate that a news is released, it will cause the forex prices to be moving up and down with strong force, this is not always working correctly for forex traders. We have to make sure that we know how this forex news is working, that is how we can trade it correctly.
    Big institutional traders are using news as their indicator to move market while we, retail traders are following them in trend or any kind of movements to make money. I still can not figure it out the exact way to follow news because I am basically not understand the core technique of any fundamental trading. To help myself with trading, I am using my best experience to trade with my technical analysis and use it to follow any trading opportunities even with news.

Not allowed!

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051 LastLast