Does news really move the market? - Page 47
Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Does news really move the market?

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 190

Lightbulb Does news really move the market?

Hello

I want to make brief presentation about this topic. This really bothers me at first time I watched a video of trading psychology but later I realized trading the news do not give me more than 50% of winning ratio. I also get confused by news on market because at some points, market did not move in correct direction along with the news result. Moreover, many rumors spread all over internet which one analyst expert said this while others might said that.

While I watched the learning video of trading psychology, there I learned all about the aspects of trading which need to do and need to avoid while we trade. One of the biggest thing we must avoid is the news. You know why? It is because news actually hunting retailer’s stop loss while creating big space of movements which can only be analyzed better with technical analysis. It has come to my attention that fundamental analysis is good but can not be used as main consideration for market entries. Not for me.

Here are some examples about news trading. Make some reviews back on GBPUSD pair on date March 16th 2017, it was FOMC news and Fed rate increased from <0.75% to <1.00% as expected. But unfortunately, market was going up instead of down by following the news. How could market did that? Here is the answer. Technically we could identify it with the help of trend line. Check the screenshots below:

Follow the instructions on screenshot above and see market was moved up instead of down because price touched lower trend line and previous resistance levels which that moment became a support for that price movement. So according to this, what is your conclusion about news? Does it really give us good market entry or technical analysis is working better here?

I am not with the people who hate fundamental analysis, for me I just avoid trading with it anymore because I want to focus only with my technical strategy. I am writing this based on the facts I saw on market, not from what I think about it. It took a while for me and probably for you guys to realize the same thing. Try to avoid news and make your trading system as simple as possible. The mindset is pretty easy to build, if you really think forex trading is a difficult business to do, then your brain will automatically process it and decrease your ability to learn things faster and easier.

Change your mindset, focus on your technical analysis, and keep things simple.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Krosneles View Post
    News move the forex market always but there can be different cases like the news are positive for currency and currency rises or the news are positive for currency but currency falls down. And we can find hundreds of explanations why currency falls down because of good news but the most popular can be overbought conditions
    this will not happen i think because if news is positive then market must will come up but i never think about news, in trading we can use some technical its better way, in news trading we can not earn because there is no way for success in news we do not have any way to analyze news,so its better we work on technical. so properly do technical and make sure you use good indicators

Not allowed!

Trader
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 6
    Quote Originally Posted by altafch View Post
    this will not happen i think because if news is positive then market must will come up but i never think about news, in trading we can use some technical its better way, in news trading we can not earn because there is no way for success in news we do not have any way to analyze news,so its better we work on technical. so properly do technical and make sure you use good indicators
    it can be up or down but the issue is news is wrong way for trading. news data can be any we do not have specific way to understand it but we can work hard on demo for technical understand i really recommend to use proper analysis it will help us to understand market but not news trading, in news trading we can simply lose, people who think news is good they work on luck so they think, they do not work hard so they think about news trading

Not allowed!

Trader
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 68
    For sure, the news moves the market, that is the fundamental and then how the market works, we have to take note from that and then learn to make sure that we don't make mistakes. It is always needed to trade with technical and then we can read the news and have in mind of the possible long term effects because the news could make the market volatile for some time, but the long term effects will still affect the market.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 121
    Given: 24
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
    For sure, the news moves the market, that is the fundamental and then how the market works, we have to take note from that and then learn to make sure that we don't make mistakes. It is always needed to trade with technical and then we can read the news and have in mind of the possible long term effects because the news could make the market volatile for some time, but the long term effects will still affect the market.
    news can make volatile market we all know but if we do not trade with management we can lose from this volatile market also, most of time in volatile market we think we can earn very big, in volatile market we can take wrong decision so make sure you have good decision in trading not become greedy in volatile market or after some profit when we do this we can just lose, but at same time we can earn if we have good proper planned trade

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 54
    Quote Originally Posted by naeem555 View Post
    news can make volatile market we all know but if we do not trade with management we can lose from this volatile market also, most of time in volatile market we think we can earn very big, in volatile market we can take wrong decision so make sure you have good decision in trading not become greedy in volatile market or after some profit when we do this we can just lose, but at same time we can earn if we have good proper planned trade
    i let news to go for itself in market without taking any trades once there are no valid confirmations coming from my strategy. i kinda agree about how news makes market move but actually it's not that strong enough to move market for big trend that's happening for days or weeks, unless it's a big news that related to nation's big issue just like one accident that happened in japan with their nuclear reactor which last for long term movement decline in yen.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 90
    Economic news do not only move the market but drive it so crazily that one can easily have all his entire trading capital wiped out completely if care is not taken most especially in the aspect of risk and money management . If you do not have the knowledge of fundamental analysis , the best thing is to stay off the market . That is considered the better option than to gamble with your hard earned money in an unpredictable moment of the market

Not allowed!

Trader
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 6
    Quote Originally Posted by layigold View Post
    Economic news do not only move the market but drive it so crazily that one can easily have all his entire trading capital wiped out completely if care is not taken most especially in the aspect of risk and money management . If you do not have the knowledge of fundamental analysis , the best thing is to stay off the market . That is considered the better option than to gamble with your hard earned money in an unpredictable moment of the market
    yes it move market too much fast and if we trade we can lose big also so i never recommend to use news because in news we can lose, last day gbpznd move 300 pips in single hour, so with smaller lot also its big move and big loss, but in case of profit also its big so if we have knowledge about news we can earn otherwise its too much risky

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 54
    Quote Originally Posted by touqir View Post
    yes it move market too much fast and if we trade we can lose big also so i never recommend to use news because in news we can lose, last day gbpznd move 300 pips in single hour, so with smaller lot also its big move and big loss, but in case of profit also its big so if we have knowledge about news we can earn otherwise its too much risky
    traders will only lose big from news when they leave their trades without stop loss or take profit then risking a lot of money by using big lot size. this simply explains why traders are failing to trade with news because they don't set stop loss. honestly if you trade in weekly or daily basis with news, you shouldn't need to worry about the risk that news can give because news pump and dump market faster which is better way to make money.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 130
    We can see most of the times that the market will always move when there is news in the market, however the direction where the market is going to move towards, I don't think that we will ever get to know and figure that out, hence, I don't like trading the news, I like trading the technical means, seeing the support and resistance and also using indicators to make decisions.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    We can see most of the times that the market will always move when there is news in the market, however the direction where the market is going to move towards, I don't think that we will ever get to know and figure that out, hence, I don't like trading the news, I like trading the technical means, seeing the support and resistance and also using indicators to make decisions.
    News moves the market and the extent of movement largely depends on the deviation of actual figures from the market expectations. Though not very common we have all seen how extreme volatility can arise due to certain high impact news and releases. If we want to earn with news we need to be in a position to handle this volatility and properly manage our trading. Wrong time for position opening, inexperience in trading etc are the main cause of losses.

Not allowed!

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 LastLast