Does news really move the market? - Page 3
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Does news really move the market?

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 190

Lightbulb Does news really move the market?

Hello

I want to make brief presentation about this topic. This really bothers me at first time I watched a video of trading psychology but later I realized trading the news do not give me more than 50% of winning ratio. I also get confused by news on market because at some points, market did not move in correct direction along with the news result. Moreover, many rumors spread all over internet which one analyst expert said this while others might said that.

While I watched the learning video of trading psychology, there I learned all about the aspects of trading which need to do and need to avoid while we trade. One of the biggest thing we must avoid is the news. You know why? It is because news actually hunting retailer’s stop loss while creating big space of movements which can only be analyzed better with technical analysis. It has come to my attention that fundamental analysis is good but can not be used as main consideration for market entries. Not for me.

Here are some examples about news trading. Make some reviews back on GBPUSD pair on date March 16th 2017, it was FOMC news and Fed rate increased from <0.75% to <1.00% as expected. But unfortunately, market was going up instead of down by following the news. How could market did that? Here is the answer. Technically we could identify it with the help of trend line. Check the screenshots below:

Follow the instructions on screenshot above and see market was moved up instead of down because price touched lower trend line and previous resistance levels which that moment became a support for that price movement. So according to this, what is your conclusion about news? Does it really give us good market entry or technical analysis is working better here?

I am not with the people who hate fundamental analysis, for me I just avoid trading with it anymore because I want to focus only with my technical strategy. I am writing this based on the facts I saw on market, not from what I think about it. It took a while for me and probably for you guys to realize the same thing. Try to avoid news and make your trading system as simple as possible. The mindset is pretty easy to build, if you really think forex trading is a difficult business to do, then your brain will automatically process it and decrease your ability to learn things faster and easier.

Change your mindset, focus on your technical analysis, and keep things simple.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 146
    Quote Originally Posted by layigold View Post
    Yes , news move the market as it responds to traders' reactions ( I mean the big players here) based on the outcomes of the news but it is not the news that cause price to move . It is the imbalance that exists between the bulls and the bears that moves the market. During economic news , market could become so wild and unpredictable and that is the more reason why you should thread carefully so that you do not have your entire account being wiped out just withing a very short period of times
    That is just the way the news works, the data that is been released is often the reason why traders the bigger men in the business that has huge amount of money do react to the market. So, we basically need to know that news is not for little people with some little investment in the market. I don't trade in news time I focus on chart.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    [lang=id]
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper007 View Post
    That is just the way the news works, the data that is been released is often the reason why traders the bigger men in the business that has huge amount of money do react to the market. So, we basically need to know that news is not for little people with some little investment in the market. I don't trade in news time I focus on chart.
    Could be right and news does not really good for traders like me who still got small amount of money inside my account. I just can not take it much in impact after news release and I tried to understand in many ways to do this trading but eventually got nothing important yet. I think that news does not move the market much because I agree with you that those big traders who responsible to move market in an instant way.[/lang]

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 21
    I suppose the ones big swings created during information launch is just a brief reaction from huge traders to confuse shops approximately market actual trend. it also hunts our stops very smooth and simplest investors who can suppose short enough ought to get in and out with earnings through information. I am not a very good and short philosopher so, I do not exchange news very well.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 146
    With all the knowledge and skills I know about news trading. I am sure that it does move the market, we need to learn and know that, the news is the information by which the big boys in the market are using in their trading decisions so what they read in the news is what they trade and to that, that is the way they get to make the market move through their actions.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    [lang=id]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    I suppose the ones big swings created during information launch is just a brief reaction from huge traders to confuse shops approximately market actual trend. it also hunts our stops very smooth and simplest investors who can suppose short enough ought to get in and out with earnings through information. I am not a very good and short philosopher so, I do not exchange news very well.
    And that sir, is what create such big frustration for retail traders like us when we set pending orders. We may have our pending orders of buy and loss got hit at one big swing and surely this one pain in the account. More issues would come to us as things now going against all our plans. Everybody panic when things not going according to their plan, indeed.

I am trying to avoid news right now and focus on my technical strategy. Still reading the news and economy calendar but will not trade along with it anymore. That is all what I am saying.[/lang]

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 114
    The news do move the market, we can see that from the trades we are taking in the market. There are also some traders that are just news traders, they do follow the news in trading and have has been making them money, so yes for sure it does move the market and we can either trade it through technical or fundamental method.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyon View Post
    The news do move the market, we can see that from the trades we are taking in the market. There are also some traders that are just news traders, they do follow the news in trading and have has been making them money, so yes for sure it does move the market and we can either trade it through technical or fundamental method.
    I think news are good to aware us with the current market condition.When we know the direction of market we can plan our trade successfully because news is helpful to tell us about trend of the market that is very important to take good decisions to plan our trade and it develop awareness about our selling and purchasing that is difficult to decide without following the trend of the market.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 114
    Quote Originally Posted by fahaddd View Post
    I think news are good to aware us with the current market condition.When we know the direction of market we can plan our trade successfully because news is helpful to tell us about trend of the market that is very important to take good decisions to plan our trade and it develop awareness about our selling and purchasing that is difficult to decide without following the trend of the market.
    I don't trade the news and I don't think about the news being good, but then, what is not working for me might work for the other trader, that is just the way the business is. The news does not move the market but the actions that traders has taken is what that makes the market move. So, we have to ensure we are making good analysis in the market to be sure of what we are doing.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 20
    News is one drive that moves the market and the kind of movement it makes depend on what kind of news is been released. A high impact news have the ability to make the market volatile and that gives us fast movement in a short time. Some traders avoid news trading because they are likely uncertain about what could happen and prefer to back off during those times.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 21
    I suppose marketplace is moving with the aid of large dealer's activities in buying and selling and that is just it. I agree with the idea approximately market to move the information but not absolutely taking the whole action to transport market because the most effective one that capable of move it is just massive buyers. Information itself can't move whatever but only supply different traders a few kind of news to tug the trigger of marketplace high volatility.

Not allowed!

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast