Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 1700

Thread: Pure Price action VS indicator application strategy

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 96

Pure Price action VS indicator application strategy

Hello all.

This is my first thread in the lovely forum.

I want us to discuss and compare the trading with PURE price action known as naked trading with the use of indicator

What is price action trading method or strategy?

Price action trading strategy is known to be the trading method that has to do with just price action clean chart, that is candle stick, combined with support and resistance levels, drawn with horizontal line or trendlines when making analysis.

Pictures of pure price action strategy charts.

RANGING or SIDEWAYS moving market

Attachment 21626

TRENDING MARKET

Attachment 21627

What is Indicator application strategy?

From my best of knowledge, it is the use of indicator application to our price chart when trading. Using indicator is part of the technical trading method and as been said, they help to make analysis.

Here are some pictures or using some famous indicator, such as Moving average. MACD or RSI

Ranging market chart, with indicators such as, Moving average, RSI, MACD and Bolling band.

Attachment 21628

Trending market chart with indicators such as Moving average, RSI, MACD and Bolling band

Attachment 21629

Hopefully, we have all seen the chart which has the same currency pair but different chart view.

Which of the strategies. Pure price action or Indicator application strategy do you think will give you a good edge over making close to accurate analysis?

My answer and choice will be the price action chart strategy, because-:

1. Pure price action makes it easier to see the price and determine on price movement.

2. You can easily make your decisions, without having contradicting analysis from different indicators.

3. Your analysis will be less time consuming.

WHAT IS YOUR CHOICE and state your reasons?

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 35
    Quote Originally Posted by simisola View Post
    Indicators are the best to be honest, trading price action sometimes makes you lose the real movement because you were looking for something that is not there, trading with indicators means that you can easily capture certain opportunities without challenges, but with price action, that could be difficult especially if you experience in the forex market is quite small.
    Indicators are helpful, but I dont say they are better than price action but they can be used in conjunction with price action. For trading trends we have got certain good trend indicators and further there are certain strong bullish and bearish candle chart patterns. Price action mainly deals with the SOR levels and the chart patters which are actually formed by the price movement itself and can denote us the market sentiments.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 4
    Price action and indicators are two different method that trading can be done, we choose based on the one we feel personally okay with, but many traders usually think that it is impossible to make money from price action, but that is actually not true, trading price action makes you very profitable provided you carried out enough practice with the demo account.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 54
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonvic View Post
    Price action and indicators are two different method that trading can be done, we choose based on the one we feel personally okay with, but many traders usually think that it is impossible to make money from price action, but that is actually not true, trading price action makes you very profitable provided you carried out enough practice with the demo account.
    they are the tools we can use differently or to combine at the same time, while the methods are different like rules inside them to help us decide how to take the trade and when we can make the trade. trading with pure price action will give traders better analysis to see how their charts are clear without any lines or numbers that covers the chart because the strategy is focusing on price patterns. while indicators are bit complicated because their lines and numbers are covering our views on the chart which may not really suitable for everyone.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5
    The main thing is a trader has to understand about the Forex market and decide which methods can help him in a better way. Indicators are helpful but I dont think they can alone help us to find good trading signals in the market. Price action is good by itself but I think it can be better when used with some indicator like moving average or at least the trend lines.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 1
    Indicators have their special uses as well as price action trading, someone who does not have any experience should stay away from trading the market without indicators because I think that trading price action sometimes easy only with our understanding, we cannot make a fair comparison between the two because they both have their differences in the course of trading for us.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 4
    Everything is good, we can use pure price action or use also the indicators, it depends on how we understand the things. Further there are certain things to remember like avoid M1 charts, avoid scalping and always use the stop loss. Those who have not yet learned to manage the risks properly are the ones who are blowing their accounts in Forex. It is not easy to find opportunities in the market, first you need to do practice for market analysis.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 17
    I guess the concept for pure price action and do trading with indicators are same actually where the trend and also support resistance become the basic to analyze the market. But at other hands, the traders will make a choice to use the suit way for trading whether do trading with or without the indicators. And for me right now, i still prefer to trade with indicator to make me sure for making right analysis.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 108
    Given: 70
    One thing which we can have good faith for finding and exploiting opportunities in the market is price action. When analysis is strong we have more profits and less of losses from trades and evaluation can help us to know the areas where we can improve or where we need to correct. Some traders lose but they dont take their losses seriously and hence dont develop.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 42
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.big View Post
    I guess the concept for pure price action and do trading with indicators are same actually where the trend and also support resistance become the basic to analyze the market. But at other hands, the traders will make a choice to use the suit way for trading whether do trading with or without the indicators. And for me right now, i still prefer to trade with indicator to make me sure for making right analysis.
    To be honest they're not same at all because pure price action doesn't use indicators and focus on everything market provides such as candlestick patterns and lines we can add to know where market's next support and resistance area. Compared to indicators that has lesser accuracy according to my experience, I think traders can maximize their efforts with price action strategy better.

Not allowed!
    rules made to be followed, not to be broken

Thumbs Up
    Received: 132
    Given: 875
    Price action is essential, but some things are just easier to notice with indicators. It's not wrong to use indicators, but it's important to know what they're indicating exactly and not attempt to use them for things they don't indicate, as that leads to random results. And our brain can't really distinguish random from statistical advantage, which is supposed to be the indicator's proper indication.

Not allowed!
    Wow. Much Forex. So Monies. Very Opportunity.Many Trade. So Amazed. Wow.

Page 170 of 170 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170