Page 5 of 169 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Pure Price action VS indicator application strategy

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 96

Pure Price action VS indicator application strategy

Hello all.

This is my first thread in the lovely forum.

I want us to discuss and compare the trading with PURE price action known as naked trading with the use of indicator

What is price action trading method or strategy?

Price action trading strategy is known to be the trading method that has to do with just price action clean chart, that is candle stick, combined with support and resistance levels, drawn with horizontal line or trendlines when making analysis.

Pictures of pure price action strategy charts.

RANGING or SIDEWAYS moving market

Attachment 21626

TRENDING MARKET

Attachment 21627

What is Indicator application strategy?

From my best of knowledge, it is the use of indicator application to our price chart when trading. Using indicator is part of the technical trading method and as been said, they help to make analysis.

Here are some pictures or using some famous indicator, such as Moving average. MACD or RSI

Ranging market chart, with indicators such as, Moving average, RSI, MACD and Bolling band.

Attachment 21628

Trending market chart with indicators such as Moving average, RSI, MACD and Bolling band

Attachment 21629

Hopefully, we have all seen the chart which has the same currency pair but different chart view.

Which of the strategies. Pure price action or Indicator application strategy do you think will give you a good edge over making close to accurate analysis?

My answer and choice will be the price action chart strategy, because-:

1. Pure price action makes it easier to see the price and determine on price movement.

2. You can easily make your decisions, without having contradicting analysis from different indicators.

3. Your analysis will be less time consuming.

WHAT IS YOUR CHOICE and state your reasons?

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 130
    Quote Originally Posted by layigold View Post
    Price action trading does not mean the absence of technical indicators though traders rely heavily on candlestick and chart patterns to take most of trade decisions. I am a pure price action trader and I rely absolutely on candlestick patterns with support and resistance levels , and yet I use exponential moving averages to determine trend of the market . It is not the strategy that brings success in forex trading but the man behind the trading strategy and that has a lot to do with the knowledge base of the trader himself , his ability to properly manage the risks of trading and how much of good trading psychology he possesses.
    The pure price action trading has nothing to with the indicator, in case of making use of indicator which we all know is used and best on the trend, the trader that has the price action trading will usually will be able to take the trade with the candle, such as pin bar or inside bar, because they are the candles I have been able to have some good knowledge about that makes the price move in accordance.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 63
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    The pure price action trading has nothing to with the indicator, in case of making use of indicator which we all know is used and best on the trend, the trader that has the price action trading will usually will be able to take the trade with the candle, such as pin bar or inside bar, because they are the candles I have been able to have some good knowledge about that makes the price move in accordance.
    Yes, that is why they call it the price action, it will have nothing to do with the indicators on the trading chart. I have seen many traders saying that it is the simplest way to trade the market, and some will call it the best. But i accept the fact that it is the simplest, but i do not agree that it is the best. I will never trade without indicators.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 68
    Quote Originally Posted by ajagbeolegba View Post
    Yes, that is why they call it the price action, it will have nothing to do with the indicators on the trading chart. I have seen many traders saying that it is the simplest way to trade the market, and some will call it the best. But i accept the fact that it is the simplest, but i do not agree that it is the best. I will never trade without indicators.
    You know there can not be a strategy that just work the best out of nowhere, because we have to be the one to put in the efforts in learning the strategy and making it the best and based on your insertion, since it is simple, it means that we can make good strategy out of it , that depending on how much consistent we can be with the learning and all that.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
    You know there can not be a strategy that just work the best out of nowhere, because we have to be the one to put in the efforts in learning the strategy and making it the best and based on your insertion, since it is simple, it means that we can make good strategy out of it , that depending on how much consistent we can be with the learning and all that.
    I have been learning mine for some times now before it started working for me. The fact is that, it takes time before we start seeing the good result,but with time if we don't give up it will be all clear to us. Experience also on the demo account is one of the most things we need to be able to earn on a constant basis and I personally still have a lot to learn to be able to make good profits with this.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 130
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    I have been learning mine for some times now before it started working for me. The fact is that, it takes time before we start seeing the good result,but with time if we don't give up it will be all clear to us. Experience also on the demo account is one of the most things we need to be able to earn on a constant basis and I personally still have a lot to learn to be able to make good profits with this.
    No doubt about that because only a trader who hasn't spent much time to learn will lack experience, there is no instant trading to success, we have to try as much as possible before it starts working for us. That has been my trading experience with the market, my strategy now gives me on the average 70 percent winning but it takes me much discipline to get that done.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    No doubt about that because only a trader who hasn't spent much time to learn will lack experience, there is no instant trading to success, we have to try as much as possible before it starts working for us. That has been my trading experience with the market, my strategy now gives me on the average 70 percent winning but it takes me much discipline to get that done.
    Learning is the best key to success and I have personally got all the learning required for me, I have been able to make use of the demo account to learn and know how price action works. On the other hand, using indicators is good, it is not bad, but when a lot of it is been used on the chart, that is when we start making mistakes.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 33
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    Learning is the best key to success and I have personally got all the learning required for me, I have been able to make use of the demo account to learn and know how price action works. On the other hand, using indicators is good, it is not bad, but when a lot of it is been used on the chart, that is when we start making mistakes.
    Yes i agree learning is essential before start trading learning is the key of success we should learn all the term and conditions ,rules and regulations of trading system secondly we should practice on demo accounts that help us more to understand all the technical process and we can get grip on applying indicators successfuly .Money management and good plan making techniques is also essential for successful trade.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 68
    Quote Originally Posted by melan View Post
    Yes i agree learning is essential before start trading learning is the key of success we should learn all the term and conditions ,rules and regulations of trading system secondly we should practice on demo accounts that help us more to understand all the technical process and we can get grip on applying indicators successfuly .Money management and good plan making techniques is also essential for successful trade.
    And if we are to learn, lets just make good sure that we are learning something that really do worth the learning, because not just learning is what we need. But learning and knowing the strategy that worth it. Price action do worth the learning and so far so good, there has been a lot of traders who has been able to perform good with it. price action means following the market price.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 24
    in price action we can understand something about some movement but not actually, our main market moves on base of news actually whenever news come market move on that side, after that it moves slowly up down up down all day so that movement is just temporary, we can gain some pips in that situation with some knowledge or candlestick patterns

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 22
    Even though i am a pure price action trader, yet i will never say that the price action trading system is better in any way than the indicators trading system because i can only say what i know and not what i do not know, after all there are traders who are trading with indicators and are making more money than those who are trading with the price action and vice versa.Forex most time is not all about the trading system but your ability to turn to your favor the way you understood and trade the market.Strategy alone do not win the game in the forex market there are some other things that count.

Not allowed!

Page 5 of 169 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast