Pure Price action VS indicator application strategy - Page 3
Page 3 of 161 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 1602

Thread: Pure Price action VS indicator application strategy

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    7,824
    Promo (¢)
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 96

    Pure Price action VS indicator application strategy

    Hello all.

    This is my first thread in the lovely forum.

    I want us to discuss and compare the trading with PURE price action known as naked trading with the use of indicator

    What is price action trading method or strategy?

    Price action trading strategy is known to be the trading method that has to do with just price action clean chart, that is candle stick, combined with support and resistance levels, drawn with horizontal line or trendlines when making analysis.

    Pictures of pure price action strategy charts.

    RANGING or SIDEWAYS moving market

    Attachment 21626


    TRENDING MARKET

    Attachment 21627



    What is Indicator application strategy?

    From my best of knowledge, it is the use of indicator application to our price chart when trading. Using indicator is part of the technical trading method and as been said, they help to make analysis.

    Here are some pictures or using some famous indicator, such as Moving average. MACD or RSI


    Ranging market chart, with indicators such as, Moving average, RSI, MACD and Bolling band.

    Attachment 21628


    Trending market chart with indicators such as Moving average, RSI, MACD and Bolling band

    Attachment 21629



    Hopefully, we have all seen the chart which has the same currency pair but different chart view.

    Which of the strategies. Pure price action or Indicator application strategy do you think will give you a good edge over making close to accurate analysis?

    My answer and choice will be the price action chart strategy, because-:

    1. Pure price action makes it easier to see the price and determine on price movement.

    2. You can easily make your decisions, without having contradicting analysis from different indicators.

    3. Your analysis will be less time consuming.

    WHAT IS YOUR CHOICE and state your reasons?

    Not allowed!

  2. #21
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    804
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0
    Hi thanks for what you have shared with us even with screenshot which really explains what you mean.However my choice is price action because it enables me to know when a strong resistant level and support has been reached,then i know what next to do in order to make the needed pips.This strategy has to do with a whole lot of patience so as to get the best out of this kind of trading style.

    Not allowed!

  3. #22
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    5,253
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 87
    Quote Originally Posted by Benyong View Post
    Hi thanks for what you have shared with us even with screenshot which really explains what you mean.However my choice is price action because it enables me to know when a strong resistant level and support has been reached,then i know what next to do in order to make the needed pips.This strategy has to do with a whole lot of patience so as to get the best out of this kind of trading style.
    I can see that the most people in here are all in love with the use of the Pure price action which I am also. I know that the use of indicators are not that bad, but some times we tend to over do it and when we do that, by using so many strategy based on indicators at the same time, that is when we fail on trading in the market. We need not to make trading complex.

    Not allowed!

  4. #23
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    804
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Real View Post
    We need not to make trading complex.
    That is why there is the saying that says ''jack of all trade,master of none''.It is exactly what most traders do,which is over dependence on so many indicators and signal providers.Too many of these makes trading very complex.There is nothing as good as developing your own strategy and sticking to it,which is just what you have done.

    Not allowed!

  5. #24
    Trader cutiekc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    23,131
    Promo (¢)
    10,170
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 158
    Given: 236
    Quote Originally Posted by Benyong View Post
    That is why there is the saying that says ''jack of all trade,master of none''.It is exactly what most traders do,which is over dependence on so many indicators and signal providers.Too many of these makes trading very complex.There is nothing as good as developing your own strategy and sticking to it,which is just what you have done.
    You have a great point made there, if we want to become successful then we have to know the method that will be good for us. Pay attention to one trading strategy and then learn it much deeper, that is how we will get to be able to earn in the market. For instance if we know we want to make use of the pure price action trading method, then we should choose it and keep on trading with it for maximum success.

    Not allowed!

  6. #25
    Rookie Doge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Very Knowledge.
    Posts
    591
    Promo (¢)
    3,090
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 765
    If you want all you need all - price action + indicators + some automatization + technical rules + intuition + everything else you could possibly imagine. And in order to be capable of choosing which PA, indicators setups to use and which ones to skip you need to try most of what is already created and discovered, the most basic ones maybe more than once. At some point you choose some of the ones you've seen and start building your own tools from them. That however doesn't mean researching ends.

    Not allowed!
    Wow. Much Forex. So Monies. Very Opportunity.Many Trade. So Amazed. Wow.

  7. #26
    Trader
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    6,814
    Promo (¢)
    8,880
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 68
    Quote Originally Posted by Doge View Post
    If you want all you need all - price action + indicators + some automatization + technical rules + intuition + everything else you could possibly imagine. And in order to be capable of choosing which PA, indicators setups to use and which ones to skip you need to try most of what is already created and discovered, the most basic ones maybe more than once. At some point you choose some of the ones you've seen and start building your own tools from them. That however doesn't mean researching ends.
    I think that will be more complex and hard for traders. Price action without the use of indicator will make trading more easier for us. Trading in forex business needs time, patient and consistent learning before money can be made. It is either we learn to trade with the price action pattern or we be good with indicator. Having two of them at the same time will not make a trader focused.

    Not allowed!

  8. #27
    Registered user Stefano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    400
    Promo (¢)
    255
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 2
    i read that price action strategy is also using indicators to analyze market too. so does it mean when we're trading with pure price action, we don't need to put indicators and focus with other price action stuffs then? if i use indicators to trade and follow market support and resistance, am i considered as doing trading with price action or not because i still confused a little about it.

    Not allowed!

  9. #28
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    8,469
    Promo (¢)
    6,300
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 12
    Price action trading is profitable same thing with indicator it just matter which one you no how to make use of, if you are good in price action trading then this method will give you more positive results as expected if you use another system it might not work because you don't have a good understanding about it, that's how things work in this market, all strategy and system are good.

    Not allowed!

  10. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    96
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    I saw these two strategies and I found that the application strategy is so much complicated for traders but the pure price action strategy is very simple and easy for traders and I can understand this strategy easily to see the market price. Price action strategy is important for us because we can easily find the market trend with help of it and find that in which level now this market is want to move its next movement.

    Not allowed!

  11. #30
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    981
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by rain View Post
    I saw these two strategies and I found that the application strategy is so much complicated for traders but the pure price action strategy is very simple and easy for traders and I can understand this strategy easily to see the market price. Price action strategy is important for us because we can easily find the market trend with help of it and find that in which level now this market is want to move its next movement.
    We are not meed that strategy who is not know by us because mostly see the first time application strategy even that I hear about this strategy first time in this thread. Price action strategy is good for traders. Its help us to find easily market trend even that we can find the market trend see that chart only for some seconds. This thing we can see this thread shared chart of price action strategy.

    Not allowed!

Page 3 of 161 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •