Thread: Pure Price action VS indicator application strategy

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 96

Pure Price action VS indicator application strategy

Hello all.

This is my first thread in the lovely forum.

I want us to discuss and compare the trading with PURE price action known as naked trading with the use of indicator

What is price action trading method or strategy?

Price action trading strategy is known to be the trading method that has to do with just price action clean chart, that is candle stick, combined with support and resistance levels, drawn with horizontal line or trendlines when making analysis.

Pictures of pure price action strategy charts.

RANGING or SIDEWAYS moving market

Attachment 21626

TRENDING MARKET

Attachment 21627

What is Indicator application strategy?

From my best of knowledge, it is the use of indicator application to our price chart when trading. Using indicator is part of the technical trading method and as been said, they help to make analysis.

Here are some pictures or using some famous indicator, such as Moving average. MACD or RSI

Ranging market chart, with indicators such as, Moving average, RSI, MACD and Bolling band.

Attachment 21628

Trending market chart with indicators such as Moving average, RSI, MACD and Bolling band

Attachment 21629

Hopefully, we have all seen the chart which has the same currency pair but different chart view.

Which of the strategies. Pure price action or Indicator application strategy do you think will give you a good edge over making close to accurate analysis?

My answer and choice will be the price action chart strategy, because-:

1. Pure price action makes it easier to see the price and determine on price movement.

2. You can easily make your decisions, without having contradicting analysis from different indicators.

3. Your analysis will be less time consuming.

WHAT IS YOUR CHOICE and state your reasons?

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 130
    Quote Originally Posted by YoyO_o View Post
    In Forex trading traders often convey indicators of most traders in Forex trading with the help of indicators I suppose that the use of indicators in Forex trading is not a good thing to analyze the market as far as I know most experts. Merchants do not use any kind of indicator except price action.
    It works differently for traders and since you said it is not good, it could be good for some other traders, that is what the market is all about. A better trading strategy is what we need to become successful. We can learn on how to use the candle stick pattern and then we can learn to use it with indicators. It is a choice and depends on which that was easier for us to digest through learning.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 116
    Given: 72
    Well for me I make more trade base on the price action with the right candle sticks patterns. I don't really give time with indicators and I constantly work on the means to minimize my risk because it's truly important. To win one must understand this business and they must follow the right process to see they maintain a good trade. Forex is a good business we can trade to make profits with and a great price action system can help us make the very right trade with a more means to manage risk too which is very important.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 146
    Quote Originally Posted by Senorita View Post
    Well for me I make more trade base on the price action with the right candle sticks patterns. I don't really give time with indicators and I constantly work on the means to minimize my risk because it's truly important. To win one must understand this business and they must follow the right process to see they maintain a good trade. Forex is a good business we can trade to make profits with and a great price action system can help us make the very right trade with a more means to manage risk too which is very important.
    I think that is what most of us are using in the market, once we have the right knowledge on that it will work, in a nutshell, when we are trading with the price action we see the true price movement not compared to when we are trading with indicators. I have read so many reasons why we have to actually base and focus our trading on the pure price action and not use of indicators.

Not allowed!

Pro
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 41
    learn price action is our first priority in this risky market if you are able to do this than it means that you have developed a good understanding with the market and knows that how market moves and indicators are learn you the basics of trading rules not give you any guarantee to your failure and success so i prefer to adopt pure price action strategy to get better results.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 146
    Quote Originally Posted by mao View Post
    learn price action is our first priority in this risky market if you are able to do this than it means that you have developed a good understanding with the market and knows that how market moves and indicators are learn you the basics of trading rules not give you any guarantee to your failure and success so i prefer to adopt pure price action strategy to get better results.
    Because when we talk about price action then we are talking about how price reacts and then we get to know how it reacts and then we get to know how to take action on how we trade on it. Knowing all those things makes trading easier because all we need then to succeed is a good analysis on price action and with the help of support and resistance we take more successful trades.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 15
    till now i still use indicators to help me to analyze and read the market condition and that make me know something before decision is made, that is very much important to make approaches where the market movements should be read properly then give us the track to follow it
    that is good idea to learn price action as basic to know the price movements , and good for traders to learn it with well to increase the knowledge then we can validate our trading ideas
    for this, i learn candlestick as best indicators, patterns, form body and tail also, the time frames combination, support resistance, true trend

Not allowed!

Registered user Hafiz_Fiaz_Ikram's Avatar
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 4
    i have 3 years of forex market experience and the best and thing which is always happen like trend is your friend. so i think price action more accurate if we see the market trend with price action. i thin as my experience the market trend and price action where they meets it make your trade like 90% accuracy of winning so i think for making money u must need to know about price action and trend of markets.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 25
    i like to combine many things at once. in this chance i'd like to say i usually working with pure price action strategy and also understanding how fundamental analysis really affect the market. i don't read news much but i must learn to know how the psychology of trading the news and how big traders respond to any news. sometime not all high impact news gives big moves to market since we must also read all the news which related to currencies we're trading.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Hafiz_Fiaz_Ikram View Post
    i have 3 years of forex market experience and the best and thing which is always happen like trend is your friend. so i think price action more accurate if we see the market trend with price action. i thin as my experience the market trend and price action where they meets it make your trade like 90% accuracy of winning so i think for making money u must need to know about price action and trend of markets.
    The more the time spent on learning and knowing more about the market the more the earnings we can make. Earning from forex trading is not that hard, all we need is to at a time focus on making use of one strategy and then we will see it work for us. I like to use the price action but in some occasions it is good to add indicators.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 22
    Looking at the two charts that i have presented here, it will be evidently clear which is best of the two because one is presenting the market in a very clear way that even a new trader can easily understood what the market situation is while the other if filled with lots of indicators that makes it difficult tor traders to have a good view of the market. I prefer to use the pure price action trading system than using the indicators application strategy.

b1.jpg b2.jpg

Not allowed!

Page 2 of 161 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast