Price action and indicators - Page 2
Page 2 of 154 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Price action and indicators

Quote Originally Posted by silverlady View Post
    I do not like price action the way simple traders are making popularity in it, it is not the way i am seeing it on my own trading result. I learned it and trade it on demo , the result is not good. I better stick to the trading indicator i have being using. i will try to make the three as it is explained here. I will have for trend , the oscillating and volatility.
    Actually indicators are derived from price and more importantly they lag behind price, so you can't ignore price action.
    You need to identify market by looking at price action on chart and then look indicators to confirm it.

You are right. But in case of volatility, there are some other conditions also to be satisfied. I don't have too much technical knowledge about oscillators but in trend following you need to make sure that you are following a trend in a proper way.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by arnb24 View Post
    You are right. But in case of volatility, there are some other conditions also to be satisfied. I don't have too much technical knowledge about oscillators but in trend following you need to make sure that you are following a trend in a proper way.
    About the volatility you have made mention of, when you say there are some conditions to satisfied, what are they? because of the volatility when you know the strength and the probability of it, that is what we need about it. At times, the looking on the power of candles can make trader yo know the strength of it.

I think a lot of indicators is vey good but I think when the market crazy with any new news this indicators is nothing to can provide me with any information and I think the best way too with the indicator the financial analysis and technical analysis to can make a balance in this market

I think indicators and price both will change at a time if price will rise up then automatically indicator show up price. No indicator is made to show or predict the future movement of the price. Instead the indicators show us what is going on the market at recent moments. I know Candle stick price action and support and resistance and trend line is best and give good result over long run

Quote Originally Posted by sohag sohan View Post
    I think indicators and price both will change at a time if price will rise up then automatically indicator show up price. No indicator is made to show or predict the future movement of the price. Instead the indicators show us what is going on the market at recent moments. I know Candle stick price action and support and resistance and trend line is best and give good result over long run
    My nickname is "Value trader" because I trade value not price. If you have read this thread attentively enough, you have seen that every directional indicator (except ATR which is not) can provide trader some idea of value. Indicator shows you some average point (moving averages, Envelopes) and measures deviation from this average. Of course, this "average" in many cases can be misleading and not reflect value because not all prices are equally important for the market, but sometimes it's better than simply going after the price. Remember - I haven't given any suggestions about "moving with the price", core idea of this post is to find value areas and act accordingly - using pullbacks to follow previous trend.

Well sir, I do not like trading with many indicators to set up my chart. Most of the newbie when come to Forex they try different indicator and EA’s or robots and they always seek for holly grail in Forex which don't exit in Forex and hence they lose their all the money. I love naked trading because most of indicators is lagging for predict trends so now I am practice for price action.

Price action strategy is the best I think. Because we are try to read about the price movement behavior. That was not easy, but very worth to learn. Indicators only show that how market behaves in the recent past. But I was tried to use only price action system. It was the best strategy for forex trader.

I would advice any new trader to use in the beginning simple indicators , for example exponential mooving average and average true range, and to be able to calculate this indicator, and to understand it. Also good practice is only watching the naked chart to understand how slow or fast price is mooving in different time frames, and how look candle stick and what pattern they made.

Quote Originally Posted by Ema10 View Post
    I would advice any new trader to use in the beginning simple indicators , for example exponential mooving average and average true range, and to be able to calculate this indicator, and to understand it. Also good practice is only watching the naked chart to understand how slow or fast price is mooving in different time frames, and how look candle stick and what pattern they made.
    I think so. It's better to use simple indicator in the beginning of our career in forex because simple indicator would be easier to learn and there are many traders who used it so we can be easier to learn how to use it in the right timing and in the right setting. But some traders prefer to use price action than indicator so it's back to each person himself to choose using price action or indicator because both of them can be used to consider in making decision.

Page 2 of 154 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast