Moving average trading with candlestick - Page 3
Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Moving average trading with candlestick

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 114

Moving average trading with candlestick

I want to share with us one of my trading concepts which I make use of.

Time frame: The time frame is important, so to have quality trades, I make use of the daily TF.

Indicator: Moving average(12)

Market movement: Trends.

Pair: Any pairs

All I have to do is to wait and see a trending market and the moving average point towards the direction and with candles pattern testing the moving average, confirms a good entry for me.

You can see some examples that happened recently on USDCAD.

Attachment 21088

Note: Risk management is important in such trade as there is no holygrail concept in forex. And always avoid it on the ranging market. It does not work.

Most importantly, it is for the patient trader as the market don't trend at all times, but the few times they trend, such concept help you take some couple of profitable trades.

Test on demo and leave your reply.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 96
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixteen View Post
    It's a good trading system you have come up with right here and from the look of things, this strategy can be only effective in a trending market. But from your image you never emphasize the right place we can set our stop loss in case the market move otherwise. Anyway I suggest those trying this system to practice first with the demo trading account and know how effective and profitable it can be for them. From my own perspective, I just see it as following the trend which we all have been saying since.
    Most trading strategies works more on the trending market and that could be the reason why it is been said often at times that the trend is your friend . So basically, if we intend to have good success with our trading strategies then we have to first focus on trend trading. Moreover moving average is a powerful indicator.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    Most trading strategies works more on the trending market and that could be the reason why it is been said often at times that the trend is your friend . So basically, if we intend to have good success with our trading strategies then we have to first focus on trend trading. Moreover moving average is a powerful indicator.
    The question will be, how long have we learned our trading strategy, I personally did figured that a good strategy that was learned the way it is supposed to be learned can be used in market movements and condition. Because it will be important to note that the market trends 30-40 percent of the time and others are ranging, so we need to catch some pips in the ranging market if we can use the moving average right.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 96
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker$ View Post
    The question will be, how long have we learned our trading strategy, I personally did figured that a good strategy that was learned the way it is supposed to be learned can be used in market movements and condition. Because it will be important to note that the market trends 30-40 percent of the time and others are ranging, so we need to catch some pips in the ranging market if we can use the moving average right.
    Knowing the strategy and making good practice about it is what is best for us. Moving average is a good indicator though. The indicator can be used for breakout purpose and at the same time could be also used as a form of trading with the trend, it works both ways and all we have to do is to learn.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 9
    This trading strategy look like very simple in this market we are mostly trade with moving averages , and it give us good idea about market movement and will give us better results , we learn well and will try our best to find the better results and will gain success , i use this strategies soon because i see potential in that strategy .

Not allowed!

Trader
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 68
    Quote Originally Posted by muhammad khan View Post
    This trading strategy look like very simple in this market we are mostly trade with moving averages , and it give us good idea about market movement and will give us better results , we learn well and will try our best to find the better results and will gain success , i use this strategies soon because i see potential in that strategy .
    It is actually simple, but there is the need to learn and know the rules. Because with the picture I am seeing, one important thing I figured is that a trader will have to wait for the trend to occur before taking on the trades. Therefore meaning a lot of patient will be needed before traders will be able to see a valid signal based on the strategy.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    basically,if we intend to have good success with our trading strategies then we have to first focus on trend trading.Moreover moving average is a powerful indicator.It is actually simple,but there is the need to learn and know the rules.Because with the picture I am seeing,one important thing I figured is that a trader will have to wait for the trend to occur before taking on the trades.The indicator can be used for breakout purpose and at the same time could be also used as a form of trading with the trend,it works both ways and all we have to do is to learn.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 146
    Quote Originally Posted by abdul malek View Post
    basically,if we intend to have good success with our trading strategies then we have to first focus on trend trading.Moreover moving average is a powerful indicator.It is actually simple,but there is the need to learn and know the rules.Because with the picture I am seeing,one important thing I figured is that a trader will have to wait for the trend to occur before taking on the trades.The indicator can be used for breakout purpose and at the same time could be also used as a form of trading with the trend,it works both ways and all we have to do is to learn.
    That is for the beginners and in the beginner stage but as soon as we have past the beginner stage we can then learn to trade other market. This trade with the movement average to me seems so simple and effective. This is a potential way of making something our of the trend always.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 130
    This is a good trading strategy which I so much think that a lot of traders could learn and know how to make use of it the right way. Trending trading can't be over emphasized on and traders that actually know much about the market movement and candle stick pattern will have upper hand in following the trend as I have learned to use pin bar most of the time in following the trend.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 3
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlady View Post
    This is a trend trading and breakout strategy, it is so simple and good for trading. When i load my trading platform newly, i always see a thing like this, that was why i learned it and i saw that it is good strategy when traders can use it only without adding extra indicators to it. It will work with risk to reward of 1:2 successfully, and with any pair truly.
    yeah your are a totally right in this field moving average is a basic thing if you are newbie then work it 1st and then go to the next level cause many traders do not focus in that and they just run high level trade and that is very wrong so after that you have to move on candle stick pattern and this is a great thing you need to follow step by step and this is good for you at all...

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 15
    Quote Originally Posted by AbdulIslam View Post
    yeah your are a totally right in this field moving average is a basic thing if you are newbie then work it 1st and then go to the next level cause many traders do not focus in that and they just run high level trade and that is very wrong so after that you have to move on candle stick pattern and this is a great thing you need to follow step by step and this is good for you at all...
    moving average is good indicator to follow the trend, but traders need to know this indicator charcteristic with well, and what time frames is used for, and for me, combine the time frames between m5 to H1 and H4 is good enough to get data from the market and follow it, also support resistance as the gate to enter the market,
    we can use candlestick and draw the line to know the trend manually, or also we learn candlestick characteristic to make approaches to the market where candlestick has patterns also body and tail forms

Not allowed!

Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast