STRATEGY TESTER

Thread: STRATEGY TESTER

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

STRATEGY TESTER

Hello, I am seeking some assistance in setting up a strategy tester, please help!

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    My Friend in forex MT4 Platform you will get a strategy tester in standard tool bar or you can us CTRL+R, We can use the Strategy tester when we try to test a strategy in our platform, Basically the EA or Robot. It is a useful tool for all traders to test the strategy.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 285
    Given: 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Hello, I am seeking some assistance in setting up a strategy tester, please help!
    The strategy tested is already there on the mt4 trdaing platform. Just click on view on the trading chart and scroll down to click the strategy tester itself. But i will just like to give you an advice, Never you use an indicator that will repaint to do this testing, it will only fail you at the very end of the whole stress.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by cozard007 View Post
    The strategy tested is already there on the mt4 trdaing platform. Just click on view on the trading chart and scroll down to click the strategy tester itself. But i will just like to give you an advice, Never you use an indicator that will repaint to do this testing, it will only fail you at the very end of the whole stress.
    Thanks. What I really want to find out is ...when you have the Tester on the chart there is a part to the right EXPERT PROPERTIES, it has the columns, VALUE START STEP STOP - I understand the Value of the loss and profits, but what would be under the START column STEP column & STOP column.

Also the TRAILING STOP, BREAK EVEN, ACT. TRAILING STOP, I understand the VALUE but the START< STEP< STOP I dont understand.

OK, if I have a SL of 20 & TP of 80, what would be an appropriate trailing stop and act trailing stop. Also the START STEP STOP values, what would those be?

Thanks in advance. Hope my query is clear.

Not allowed!

Am fuly awear of the difficulties of life,so ill try to bounce back
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    If your talking about the strategy tester for EA then all you need do is look up the standard tool bar or you you the short key CTRL + R,you'll see the strategy tester option there,you can also set dates at which you want to back test the EA,its a very good tool on the meta 4 platform to determine previous results of an EA.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 17
    It is not so hard to see the impact of strategy tester. For that you need do is look up the standard tool bar or you you the short key CTRL + R,you'll see the strategy tester option there. You can get advice to trade here. But we should not depend on this tester solely, we need to judge it with our own skill and knowledge at the time of taking final decision to trade.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 321
    Given: 542
    It will be better if you will try to make a new trading strategy for you we should never depend upon any other trading strategy so there is on need to test of a strategy until you will not try to learn yourself till then you will miss many important learning points in your trading

Not allowed!