Pivot Points - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pivot Points

Trader
    Quote Originally Posted by Azis Muslim View Post
    I used the same application of pivot points from my old indicators with my old trading strategies. I admit it was a good trading because I could find market levels of support resistance in minor or major areas. It is also good to trade as day trading to get 50 pips profit per each trade in minimum amount. Overall this is good strategy but for me I have a better one.
    The main thing is our direction in our trades. if we are find the market direction with help of pivot points then we can trade with support and resistance levels of market. This is the main thing of this system in which we can use the pivot points as our stop loss and then trade to follow the support or the resistance levels and make some good income to follow this trading strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by stable View Post
    The main thing is our direction in our trades. if we are find the market direction with help of pivot points then we can trade with support and resistance levels of market. This is the main thing of this system in which we can use the pivot points as our stop loss and then trade to follow the support or the resistance levels and make some good income to follow this trading strategy.
    we won't know how to analyze market possible direction if we don't have the analysis to do that. understanding how to work with pivot points will help us to know each level and price market could bounce back or carry on to continue the trend. i don't have proper knowledge about this yet but i try to learn it while working with my own trading strategy with different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by ibrahimshahpop View Post
    To understand this more, we begin to know how to calculate the pivots as follows:

The equation:

(The previous day's high + the closing price for the previous day + the lowest price for the previous day) 3 3 = pivots

Example:
    Top price = 1.4400, closing = 1.4360, lowest price = 1.4300

The equation is as follows:

(1.4400 + 1.4360 + 1.4300) 3 3 = 1.4350, that is, the pivot point is 1.4350.
    Hi mate, you talking about daily pivot points, while we can calculate another pivot points for another time frame, Examples are weekly pivot points and monthly pivot points. In fact we can calculate pivot points for 4h time frames, 1h time frames, even lower time frames again. Or you can count pivot points for 10 candles, for 20 candles, for 24 candles, and more. You must understand what pivot points mean first.

Trader
    This is very nice thread in which you are share the equation that how we can calculate the pivot points in our market chart. this is very good knowledge and its helpful for all traders and increase our earning. Pivot point strategy is very helpful to earn good profit within very short time period. If you are use pivot points strategy then you also need to know that how to follow it with support and resistance level.

Quote Originally Posted by biru View Post
    This is very nice thread in which you are share the equation that how we can calculate the pivot points in our market chart. this is very good knowledge and its helpful for all traders and increase our earning. Pivot point strategy is very helpful to earn good profit within very short time period. If you are use pivot points strategy then you also need to know that how to follow it with support and resistance level.
    i never take any course of learning with this pivot points and i don't even understand what is it because my strategy doesn't use this as my reference in trading. it seems complicated with the numbers above and i don't get it because i'm bad at math. i prefer to trade with my strategy that depending on what i see from market patterns and what i read from news.

If you happen to be a day trader , the use of pivot points can really be of help to you because they are just like sign post giving you information about the market range for the day . The way each of these pivot levels is being calculated has been explained but you do not need to go though all that stress any more. All you need doing is to download daily pivot indicator and attach it to your chart and if you do not know how to attach indicators to metatrader4 platform , search this forum for the thread that gives detail explanation on that . As soon as you have that done , begin to practice with this indicator and you will see how awesome it can be of help in trading forex profitably

Quote Originally Posted by layigold View Post
    If you happen to be a day trader , the use of pivot points can really be of help to you because they are just like sign post giving you information about the market range for the day . The way each of these pivot levels is being calculated has been explained but you do not need to go though all that stress any more. All you need doing is to download daily pivot indicator and attach it to your chart and if you do not know how to attach indicators to metatrader4 platform , search this forum for the thread that gives detail explanation on that . As soon as you have that done , begin to practice with this indicator and you will see how awesome it can be of help in trading forex profitably
    Drawing the pivot points manually really helps us to find daily trading opportunities and give us the opportunity to follow market minor trend for daily movement and major trend for weekly movements. Everything in this trading can be done manually so we can stop depending on automated things such as scripted EA or indicators. Maybe they are helpful to reduce our efforts to do things but they will also decrease our experience to know things about Forex.

Quote Originally Posted by ibrahimshahpop View Post
    Pivot points are one of the most important methods to study price movements in the technical analysis and we can compare them with the moving averages somewhat, and these points are characterized by the following:
    [1] Give a clear indication of the direction of the current price.
    [2] The ability to identify entry points, targets or stop loss based on these points.
    [3] It is directly and psychologically linked to the market as it is average for traders' view for a fixed period of time (often from one day to one week).
    [4] Ease of use and speed of application.
    [5] correspond to most of the current market data and levels of support and resistance.
    [6] Unlike technical indicators of all types that rely on moving averages mainly, which makes them late and worthless in the decision to enter or determine the entry points are true often, the pivots have the advantage of matching with the price in a live manner and this occurs often in normal trading periods that does not contain Any jumps or large price movements that affect the entry decisions of any technical analyst.

To understand this more, we begin to know how to calculate the pivots as follows:

The equation:

(The previous day's high + the closing price for the previous day + the lowest price for the previous day) 3 3 = pivots

Example:
    Top price = 1.4400, closing = 1.4360, lowest price = 1.4300

The equation is as follows:

(1.4400 + 1.4360 + 1.4300) 3 3 = 1.4350, that is, the pivot point is 1.4350.

Then we take the current price, for example, 1.4376, we conclude that the current price is higher than the pivots, which means that the current trend for the short term is bullish and that the pivots are a strong point of support and prefer to buy theoretically. . This means that the pivot points must be determined by other technical confirmation, including support lines, resistance and others, and this applies to the levels of support and resistance of the peyote.

Support and resistance of pivot points

These levels are very important especially since their strength level is only confirmed or confirmed by another technical study in their approval as support and resistance levels along the ascending or descending trend lines, Fibonacci levels, or historical levels.

You can make sure you follow it for a while and see how it relates to the market amazingly.

How to calculate resistance and support levels:
    The calculation of resistance and support levels is usually calculated up to three resistors and successive support as follows:

Resistance 1 = (2 x Pivot) - Lowest price
    Support 1 = (2 x Pivot) - the highest price

Resistance 2 = Peavot + (Resistance 1 - Support 1)
    Support 2 = Pivot - (1-support 1)

Resistance 3 = Highest Price + (2 x (Pebut - Lowest Price))
    Support 3 = lowest price - (2 x (highest price - pivots))
    I have abandoned all these calculations on pivot points because I have an indicators that do that for me and the show the levels on the chart as resistance 1, resistance 2, resistance 3, pivot, support 1, support 2 and support 3.If you are day trader, this is an indicator that will help you in trading most especially in determining the entry and exit of your positions

Quote Originally Posted by layigold View Post
    I have abandoned all these calculations on pivot points because I have an indicators that do that for me and the show the levels on the chart as resistance 1, resistance 2, resistance 3, pivot, support 1, support 2 and support 3.If you are day trader, this is an indicator that will help you in trading most especially in determining the entry and exit of your positions
    I can not remember any of this at all because I do everything manually and only get a help from zig zag indicator, that's it. I once taught about those formula on pivot points but since I was unable to understand it clearly, I managed to find my own way to understand market pivot point by myself and got me into my current strategy now. Maybe beginners needs to know about this calculation first before they can start making their own setup for themselves.

Forex market is full with many dangerous. The first problem we the traders face when selecting a broker. Working here with earning high profit is one of the difficult tasks. I select an honest broker for trading comfortably. To handle all my trading risk, they give me advance risk management like – stop loss, trail stop and take profit. Now I can handle all my trading risk and can increase my trading profit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12